Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 07-25-2007, 07:30 AM   #15
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by storm79 View Post
yeah

i dont have an iphone and ive never played with one

ive got a razr with verizon and it's not a terrible phone, but not the best, and ive played around with a palm treo with teh touch screen and windows mobile...it drove me insane i never hated a phone so much

when my plans runs out im either getting an enV, a Motorola Q, or a Blackberry....
I'm not sure how the enV got in there with 2 phones that have many more capabilities (Q/Blackberry), but I just got an enV over the weekend and really like it.

I was deciding between the LG VX8700 and the LG 9900(enV). The 8700 is a sexy looking phone, the only reason I didn't go with it was the QWERTY keyboard is just so convenient on the enV. Both got high reviews on cNet.

I've had 2 LG phones previously (most recent was a VX8100) and have been VERY happy with them. I keep my phones 2 years then upgrade with the 'New Every Two'.

I'm even such a dork that my ringtone for the enV is the transformation sound from Transformers.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 09:18 AM   #16
selil

Drives: Chevy Avalanche
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
... Anything that bears the apple log will never be in my possession. Too many old memories of IIGS and OSX. Hunter Cressil comes to mind...
Apple IIGS didn't run OSX... Apple IIGS bad memories are just like IBM AT 8080 bad memories and 64kb memory expansion boards. You should try a modern, secure, operating system that works called OS X.

I've got two iPhones. One for me, and one for the spousal accessory unit. I've had all of the major smart phones at one time or another. Blackberry, Palm, etc... Windows based, Symbian based, and now OSX based.

An iPhone is a PDA, iPOD, Internet browser, and cell phone. The calendar, contacts, and screen were why I made the change. I don't like cell phones much, but carrying around my calendar in an EASY to sync bundle along with some pictures of my kids is great.

I listen to my iPod a lot. Now I don't carry the iPod and carry the iPhone with my TV shows, and music around while I'm waiting for the train. My Spyder has a iPod port and though it wasn't made for the iPhone it works. I can run the music through my radio and select songs fairly easily.

I've browsed and posted to Camaro5.com a few times using my iPhone. Sitting in meetings people have said something and I've looked up the information to verify or roast them. Since it is the REAL web I see web pages much like I would see them on my laptop screen.

The thing that is hard to realize is unlike Microsoft or Symbian based phones the iPhone just works. Don't listen to all of the haters (we all know about Chevy v. Ford right?) listen to the people who have bought one and are using it. It's nice to have tools that just work. No fiddling, no special nothing, the device just works. And have you seen that gorgeous display?
selil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 09:59 AM   #17
acscamarochick06
Chevrolet Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS ;)
I have had 3 Razrs and they were all junk. They would push buttons on their own and all kinds of crap. I felt bad about having to get a new phone because my boyfriend got me the Black Razr after it came out for Christmas one year, and I absolutely loved it! But it got to the point to where I couldn't even send a text message or make a call. I called Cingular and they said there was a recall on them and they would send me a new one. When I got the new one, it lasted maybe a month and the same thing happened. So I shipped that phone off too and got another one, but by that time I was so frustrated, I was like forget this! Now I have a Sony Ericsson 525a. It's a very good phone and I have been very happy with it. Atleast I can actually type text messages and make phone calls without the phone shutting itself off!!!
Old 07-25-2007, 12:05 PM   #18
storm79

Drives: 2007 GMC Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
I'm not sure how the enV got in there with 2 phones that have many more capabilities (Q/Blackberry), but I just got an enV over the weekend and really like it.

I was deciding between the LG VX8700 and the LG 9900(enV). The 8700 is a sexy looking phone, the only reason I didn't go with it was the QWERTY keyboard is just so convenient on the enV. Both got high reviews on cNet.

I've had 2 LG phones previously (most recent was a VX8100) and have been VERY happy with them. I keep my phones 2 years then upgrade with the 'New Every Two'.

I'm even such a dork that my ringtone for the enV is the transformation sound from Transformers.

the enV got in there becuz i want a phone with a keyboard for texting lol im extremely fast at texting with my razr but i could be even faster with a keyboard....and the enV is awesome becuz you can open it up and text and yeah.....and thats kinda ironic that your ringtone is the transformation sound from transformers becuz if you think about it the enV kinda transforms ya know...
storm79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:10 PM   #19
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Cool ringtone! Anyone know of a site on the web where it can be downloaded?
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 12:27 PM   #20
1bad67camaro
SKREW SALEEN

Drives: 1967 CAMARO
whats the iphone going for ?
Old 07-25-2007, 12:57 PM   #21
EllwynX

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm79 View Post
the enV got in there becuz i want a phone with a keyboard for texting lol im extremely fast at texting with my razr but i could be even faster with a keyboard....and the enV is awesome becuz you can open it up and text and yeah.....and thats kinda ironic that your ringtone is the transformation sound from transformers becuz if you think about it the enV kinda transforms ya know...
Actually, the thought about the enV transforming did enter my mind. LOL
Old 07-25-2007, 12:58 PM   #22
EllwynX

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Cool ringtone! Anyone know of a site on the web where it can be downloaded?
The transformation sound?

I can eMail it to anyone that wants it. I added to it to make it better...
Old 07-25-2007, 01:03 PM   #23
EllwynX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad67camaro View Post
4GB $499

8GB $599

Too much.

In response to the person above who states "it just works". I know I never said it didnt. In fact, as a web browser I think its nice. If it were priced a couple hundred lower Id probably have one.

I agree as a webbrowser it does a great job for its size. But Id prefer something a bit larger and not linked to a cell phone.

As a phone I wasnt impressed with its sound quality.
Old 07-25-2007, 01:08 PM   #24
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bad67camaro View Post
The Cheapest Plan is 60 bucks a month, but you get free E-mail, and Web, 200 texts, and 450 rollover minutes...cool, actually. I'm sure the phone itself will cost a little more than that...
Old 07-25-2007, 01:11 PM   #25
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
The transformation sound?

I can eMail it to anyone that wants it. I added to it to make it better...
pm sent ,
Quote:
4GB $499

8GB $599

Too much.
Just give it some time and like all other electronic products, will come down in price. I bet in 5 months, it will be $300 on ebay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
The Cheapest Plan is 60 bucks a month, but you get free E-mail, and Web, 200 texts, and 450 rollover minutes...cool, actually. I'm sure the phone itself will cost a little more than that...
Who does the phone service have to be with?
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 01:21 PM   #26
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Who does the phone service have to be with?
AT&T (formerly Cingular)... my serivce provider, coincidentally...
Old 07-25-2007, 06:19 PM   #27
selil

Drives: Chevy Avalanche
Quote:
4GB $499

8GB $599

Too much.

I agree as a webbrowser it does a great job for its size. But Id prefer something a bit larger and not linked to a cell phone.

I'm likely showing my age.... I'm also betting you don't have a 60 or 80gb iPod either at $399.

Let's see.. In my backpack at one point I was carrying a cell phone, a music player, a SkyTel pager, a Palm Pilot PDA, and once in awhile a portable DVD player along with my laptop. You want the big bucks, you spend a lot of time on airplanes, and you gotta have toys. I used to spend about 50 weeks a year on the road traveling. I still spend a few days a week traveling but not like I used too.

Now I have a laptop and an iPhone I figure I'm saving money. With all of my regular email services ported to the iPhone I could get away with just the iPhone for a lot of stuff.

Was the question for people who actually use the iPhone or just another chance for the anti-Apple people to bash it? I've had mine in daily use almost a month. A little bit more than a few minutes in a store.
selil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 06:37 PM   #28
EllwynX

Quote:
Originally Posted by selil View Post
I'm likely showing my age.... I'm also betting you don't have a 60 or 80gb iPod either at $399.
You'd be right. I have a 40gb Toshiba Gigabeat because iPods are (or at least were when I was shopping for an MP3 player) also overpriced.

It's an Apple thing... Like Toyota, they believe their name commands a premium.