Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 09-01-2015, 12:49 AM   #1
SSTAT

Drives: 2012 ZL1, 1997SS NASA Road Racer
Need a good service dept in the Columbus, Ohio area

I have the supercharger rattle, took it to my local dealer (Jeff Drennen in Zanesville Ohio). They agreed and ordered it. While I was there the 'zl1 tech' did just about everything he could to convince me not to do it. Told me I would be just exchanging one prob for another. He must have said "I'm just sayin'" like a hundred times. I asked him what I should do, chevy sent me a letter telling me if it was having this problem it could cause damage long term etc, he said "I'm just sayin", arms crossed over his chest. I dont want anyone working on my car that doesnt want to, especially since I am more than capable of doing it myself but not allowed. So they call me when the part comes in and tell me to drop it off which I do. About an hour later they tell me to come pick the car up, the supercharger isnt actually there yet. No apology, no sorry, just literally "come pick your car up". Needless to say Im not comfortable going back there, when the part finally came I told them to send it back. Then they tried to give me a hard time saying it cost them money to get the part and ship it back etc and wanted to know why I didnt want it done. I just told them "your tech told me not to do it" - they didnt ask me any more questions after that. I dont know if he was scared to do the job because its a very small town and he never did one before or what. Either way I was hoping someone knows a chevy or cadillac dealer in columbus Ohio who has done these replacements and is confident in themselves. I asked chevy customer service on this board to find me an experienced dealer, they were not exactly helpful.
SSTAT is offline   Reply With Quote