Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 03-27-2010, 03:12 PM   #29
oneinch

Drives: 2002 Ford F150 4WD
This is a great mod. Thanks for posting. This is something that cost just a little, yet you will see and use it everyday.
oneinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 03:24 PM   #30
alex33x

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
I dont see the point to doing something like this. doesnt the car already have this controls??
Old 03-27-2010, 03:36 PM   #31
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex33x View Post
I dont see the point to doing something like this. doesnt the car already have this controls??
The 1SS does not have the option to be ordered with bluetooth. However all other trims except for the LS can be ordered with bluetooth. It's pretty much a crime that GM won't allow you to order Bluetooth with the 1SS like you can with the 1LT, but if you like cloth seats and the V8, this is the only way to get bluetooth.
Old 03-27-2010, 04:46 PM   #32
CLEAN

Drives: '19 Stingray '22 MB GLC 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSinthedesert View Post
Awesome work!! I wonder if some of the 2SS guys are kickin themselves after seeing some of these DIYs to make the 1SS the same as their 2SS for alot cheaper.
That's just what I was thinking. My single biggest want was the cloth seats, but if I wanted any one thing from the 2SS, it would be the steering wheel controls. This is a great mod!
Old 03-27-2010, 05:03 PM   #33
travisplusdunks

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS Victory Red
im definitely doing this!
thanks for posting this!

2010 camaro was my first car!
travisplusdunks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 05:17 PM   #34
Ronn

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab2g View Post
The 1SS does not have the option to be ordered with bluetooth. However all other trims except for the LS can be ordered with bluetooth. It's pretty much a crime that GM won't allow you to order Bluetooth with the 1SS like you can with the 1LT, but if you like cloth seats and the V8, this is the only way to get bluetooth.
Just looking for some clarification here. By the sounds of the writeup it looks like were getting the radio controls/volume, mute and the onstar phone control. Not bluetooth for a cellphone??
Ronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 05:27 PM   #35
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronn View Post
Just looking for some clarification here. By the sounds of the writeup it looks like were getting the radio controls/volume, mute and the onstar phone control. Not bluetooth for a cellphone??
You're right. I misread the post... even though you'll have the "bluetooth" buttons, you probably still need to install the bluetooth hardware. that stinks. Still upset at GM for this one then...
Old 03-27-2010, 05:48 PM   #36
technoside2

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Send a message via AIM to technoside2
Thank you for posting this. This will really help me out when I get the parts in. I've just placed my order from GMpartsDirect.com. I've already got the Onstar bluetooth module installed on my LS I just needed the Steering wheel controls. Now I'll be able to do Voice dialing. Thanks again. I'll post on here when I get everything installed and how much the dealer charged me to update my BCM.
technoside2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 06:58 PM   #37
SSinthedesert

Drives: 2010 Imperial Blue SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLEAN View Post
That's just what I was thinking. My single biggest want was the cloth seats, but if I wanted any one thing from the 2SS, it would be the steering wheel controls. This is a great mod!

I was the same way, did not want leather seats. IMO, if you want leather seats go buy a luxury car not a Camaro!
SSinthedesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 07:16 PM   #38
Coop

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
So this is plug and play. No extra wiring or anything right?

This control also controls radio volume right?
2010 Camaro 1SS Inferno Orange Magnusson Supercharger Installed and Tuned by ADM Performance, Roto Fab CAI IOM painted, MBRP Cat Back Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Shifter, Clear Image Headers, Pedders coilovers, BMR Front/Rear sway bars Trailing Arms and End Links, VMax ported TB
Coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 07:33 PM   #39
R6P

Drives: 2010 Camaro
I'm amazed that you were able to accomplish this with a Ford screwdriver.
Great write-up
Old 03-27-2010, 07:36 PM   #40
techsupport

Drives: 1ss, heritage grille cfh perf. mods
yes radio volume is controlled and if you have installed pdim w usb it controls songs on ipod or device. it will also mute and connect to onstar. everything works like factory. it will change sources(xm,fm,am,aux) just like a 2ss.as far as a 1ss it is wired for it not sure on ls, mine is a 1ss and it works. i am curious if it will with an ls. If you go through this and get it programmed like i showed i cant leave you hanging. someone withan ls that does this mod let me know please if it works or not. if the wire isnt there to the bcm i will take mine apart and show you where to run and get part numbers for connectors. would hate to single you ls guys out to be the only ones unable to get them. I am not afraid to take my column back apart as this is an everyday thing for me at my dealer so dont feel like you would be puting me out to ask. i am willing to help any way i can would just take a little to get pics and instructions. please let me know if it works for you ls camaro owners.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:53 PM   #41
Coop

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
techsupport I have a 1SS so that means I have the wire you mention correct?
2010 Camaro 1SS Inferno Orange Magnusson Supercharger Installed and Tuned by ADM Performance, Roto Fab CAI IOM painted, MBRP Cat Back Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Shifter, Clear Image Headers, Pedders coilovers, BMR Front/Rear sway bars Trailing Arms and End Links, VMax ported TB
Coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 08:18 PM   #42
techsupport

Drives: 1ss, heritage grille cfh perf. mods
coop you are correct should already be there in your 1ss.
was wondering if anyone would catch that about the ford screwdriver. I noticed it after i posted too. Hey there has to be at least one useful thing on this planet with a ford emblem and i think i found it