Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-19-2015, 05:53 AM   #57
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Dude View Post
All right class, what is it that do_you_not_understand_here, please raise your hand...
Oh teacher? Teacher? I have a question or two.

According to your chart, when I read down the lefthand column called "MODE" until I see "Competitive Mode", then I read from left to right until I reach the column that is named "StabilTrac System", I see that "StabilTrack" is in "Competitive Mode".

That doesn't tell me what StabilTrac is doing when in "Competitive Mode". It tells me that when the car is in "Competitive Mode", the StabilTrac is in "Competitive Mode".

So question one: what is StabilTrac doing when it is in "Competitive Mode"? Your chart doesn't tell me. Does it allow a percentage of something? All of something? None of something?

Question two: what is meant by "tighter" steering in the context of "Competitive Mode"? Is it a quicker ratio? More resistant to my inputs? less resistant? What does it mean?

Question three: what are the properties of "normal" steering besides the fact that they are "normal'?

Thank you teacher. I know you wouldn't bring this up to the class without having the answers. Please inform us and fill our empty minds so that we can be as knowledgeable as you.
Old 07-19-2015, 09:36 AM   #58
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red2014SS View Post
Who told me this? Umm... just about every topic on launching in the drag racing section of this forum. And launch control is a good way to break an axle at the drag strip. If you don't believe it, try reading "something somewhere"...lol
It seems that launch control is exactly what will prevent you from breaking an axle. It limits engine rpm and allows for "optimum wheel spin". Breaking axles comes from too much torque and grip. So I would guess that people breaking axles are launching with all the nannies off, reving too high and dumping the clutch with very sticky tires. But I could be wrong.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2020, 01:27 AM   #59
SGT Syphon

Drives: 2013 Camaro rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettscamaro View Post
I was playing around yesterday and tapped the traction control button twice and it displayed competitive mode. I have a 2ss rs automatic. What does this do? Figured Id ask before I put it back into that mode
competitive mode is technically sport mode you use it for drag races
SGT Syphon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 08:30 AM   #60
LoudSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS 2014
What Is Stabilitrak Competitive Mode? – Is It Safe to Use?

https://autoglobes.com/what-is-stabi...t-safe-to-use/

LoudSS is offline   Reply With Quote