Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 11-26-2012, 11:16 AM   #15
Blues45th

Drives: 45th anniversary edition v6 3.6L
Lol really
Blues45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:17 AM   #16
JohnnyBfromPeoria

Drives: 2012 LS M6, Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues45th View Post
Lol really
It happened to me.

John B.
JohnnyBfromPeoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:20 AM   #17
Wvlsxjunkie
^ Has LSX addiction

Drives: 2010 L99 SS
#07-06-04-019D: Intermittent Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) Illuminated, DTC P2138 with Reduced Engine Power (Repair Instrument Panel (IP) to Body Harness Connector) - (Jun 28, 2010)

Subject: Intermittent Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) Illuminated, DTC P2138 with Reduced Engine Power (Repair Instrument Panel (IP) to Body Harness Connector)

Models: 2005-2011 GM Passenger Cars and Light Duty Trucks (Including Saturn)
2005-2009 HUMMER H2
2006-2010 HUMMER H3
2005-2009 Saab 9-7X

This bulletin is being revised to update the model years and warranty information. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 07-06-04-019C (Section 06 – Engine/Propulsion System)
Condition
• Some customers may comment on an intermittent malfunction indicator lamp (MIL) being Illuminated with a message or an indicator that displays Reduced Engine Power.
• The technician may observe on a scan tool DTC P2138 – Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) Sensor 1-2 Correlation set as Current or in History.
Cause
This condition may be caused by water intrusion into the instrument panel (IP) to body harness connector, which carries the APP sensor signals to the ECM/PCM. This water intrusion results in a voltage difference between APP Sensor 1 and APP Sensor 2 that exceeds a predetermined value for more than a calibrated period of time, setting P2138.

Correction

Note: Aftermarket equipment can generate DTC P2138 and/or other DTCs.

1. Verify that aftermarket equipment is not electrically connected to any of the APP sensor signal or low reference circuits or to any other ECM/PCM 5V reference or low reference circuits. Refer to Checking Aftermarket Accessories in SI.
2. Perform the Diagnostic System Check - Vehicle.
⇒ If any 5V reference DTCs are set, refer to Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) List - Vehicle.
⇒ If any 5V reference DTCs are not set, proceed to Step 3.
3. Locate the IP to body harness connector, which may be located in and around the left hand kick panel area or inside the IP. Depending on the vehicle and model year, refer to Wiring Systems or Power and Signal Distribution in SI.

Note: Some examples of potential water leaks are: A-pillar seals, sunroof drain lines (if equipped) and windshield/cowl sealing.

4. Inspect for a water leak in the area. If necessary use a water hose to determine the source of the leak. Refer to General Information > Water Leaks in SI.
⇒ If a water leak is observed, repair as necessary. Verify the effectiveness of the repair.
5. Inspect the IP to body harness connector terminals for corrosion and debris. Refer to Testing for Intermittent Conditions and Poor Connections in SI.
⇒ If any corrosion and/or debris is observed, repair as necessary.
Old 11-27-2012, 11:53 AM   #18
rchrdp305

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS
Thank you all. I've taken my car before to the dealer they said that GM asked if I had HIDs and I said yes but since February not just recently. I called again today and estero Bay chevrolet told me to change it to my regular stock bulbs and to drive it around to see if that solves the case, if that doesn't then to bring it there that he will check on it.

Great customer service btw. I just don't understand why the HIDs are giving so much problem now? I went like 9 months with no car problems the first time I took the car to the dealer they changed the fuel sensor. My car is brand new and I'm not a violent driver. I don't race and I'm always the slow ones in the street.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:01 PM   #19
rchrdp305

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS
I do have alot of electrical mods like AAC side markers, HIDs, transformer tailights, license plate LEDS, red LEDs inside my car and in the trunk. Colorshifting Halo rings. Electrical low profile cutouts.

But I don't see why that all can cause a problem now ;( after going months with no issue. It's been a while of my latest mod because I've been saving my money and calming down my spendings,
Old 11-27-2012, 12:33 PM   #20
CrzyGamr2
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
And LEDs use less power anyways if I remember right. So all those stock bulbs you swapped out should help you. I've done a lot of the same with no issues. I just added a bunch of lights too as you know so that seems like a weird thing to possibly cause your issue.

From my Camaro covered iPhone.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:54 PM   #21
Blues45th

Drives: 45th anniversary edition v6 3.6L
If your dealer is trying to void or say cause is from a mod that doesn't have anything to do with you problem I would reach out to someone in the legal field because they can help you with your warranty issue and I promise from past experiences with gm with my caddy and oil comsumption the word attorney gets results fast. Sucks has to be like that. These cars where made to be modified just like the Chevys in the 50 60 70 80 and90. This is no different from those times. And your mods aren't even related. Lol.
Blues45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:02 PM   #22
DJ_BigC
Rockin' Steady

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your throttle position sensor 1-2 correlation is off, usually sets a P21xx code. Meaning your sensor 1 voltage is different from your sensor 2 voltage causing this reduced engine power light to come on.

When this code sets, in current or history, the throttle position sensor gets replaced, an idle relearn is performed and your throttle body gets cleaned.

This code or problem has NOTHING to do with your MAF sensor or any of the lighting mods you put on the car. Let me know what code the dealer pulls and I'll let you know what they need to do to fix it.

**There's a bulletin on this for pickup trucks, not sure if it applies to our cars but its the same throttle position sensor and code that sets for both, PM me if you want me to look up the bulletin or give you more information on the subject**

2010 Camaro 2SS Black, L99, SLP headers, GMPP axle back, complete JRE tune, 22" Boss 337's, Nitto Invos 5% tint, Eforce Supercharger w. 3" pulley, ADM FPCM, ID850's, JRE fuel rail mod, Eforce CAI, Moroso catch can, spark plug insulators.
DJ_BigC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:01 PM   #23
rush2112

Drives: 2013 2LT Auto CRM. 2009 night train
I had thi exact problem in my Silverado. Changed my MAF sensor.
rush2112 is offline   Reply With Quote