Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-04-2016, 03:15 PM   #29
Avenging Orange

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
I finally saw one on the street today. Even in person....the jury is still out. Dont get me wrong...its a good looking car and I know this platform is much more solid than the 5th gen. But it still "feels" wrong. When I saw it approach in my rearview mirror....my first thought was, 'oh look, a Tesla.' IMO, the Camaro has lost its identity.
2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS M6 Black Leather, Sun Roof, OBX Headers, Borla touring axle back, Cold Air Inductions CAI , non synthetic fluids, BMR total bushing upgrade/1" lowering springs, DSE 32mm rear sway bar. GM fe4 shocks/struts/LCA's, AAM 3.91 diff, Vertini RFS1.8 20x9 +30. Conti ExtremeContact Sport 275/35/20. sjm autoprod ABL dash kit. Mike Norris tuned 413/419.
Avenging Orange: 43 years of not buying into the Hype........and damn proud of it!!
https://youtu.be/9JD9it6SmB8
https://youtu.be/xmelTlEzI34
KICKING CANCERS ASS SINCE 2015!!
Avenging Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 03:26 PM   #30
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
What is the up charge for a garden variety 2016 2SS RS? I like them, but...I saw the ones at SEMA in October and have to admit, it wasn't a must-have for me, especially since I have a '15. At first I thought I was going to regret buying a 15 in June last year. Thankfully, and unfortunately for GM, I haven't.

I wonder if they thought it was going to be like old CD's where you just replaced your old albums with the 'new and improved' version?
Old 03-04-2016, 03:35 PM   #31
'11 cyber grey vert
"SHARK" Born Apr.26,2011

Drives: 2011 CGM 2LT/RS Convertible
I just priced out on the Canadian GM website
a 6th gen 2SS with sunroof and performance exhaust, manual transmission...nothing else added
came in msrp over $50k. then we have 13% sales tax here..puts it around $56k canadian...
thanks but no thanks.....if I ever trade my 5th gen for one of these, I will wait to pick up a used one in a few years..
'11 cyber grey vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 03:35 PM   #32
scandata

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS vert, Spring Green Edtn
Quote:
Originally Posted by qcman View Post
It seems GM themselves are lackluster about its release I don't see any mention of it or it being advertised in my neck of the woods.
That's a good point. It's like they were just expecting it to ride on the coattails of the 5th Gen. They must have forgotten that through social circles, negative opinions alone tend to travel farther and wider than positive ones. Chevy need to counter that with some media support.

Or maybe they should just put out a new Transformers movie with one in it... it worked the first time!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v692/scandata/sigpic_zpsxmxmbipg.jpg
scandata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 03:36 PM   #33
jdrop01

Drives: 05 GTO
IDK I like the 6gen honestly. I see about two a day going to work. I'm just not in the position to trade in and if I were it be on the 1LE.
jdrop01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 03:46 PM   #34
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Spike III

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
I just bought a Silverado, but wouldn't dream of buying a Camaro in winter. Oh, wait a minute. I bought this one in December back in 2012, lol. Interesting there's no 6th gens in showrooms around here but there are Z06s.
Don't tell me you got rid of the wife's Avalanche grocery truck?
Old 03-04-2016, 03:48 PM   #35
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by '11 cyber grey vert View Post
I just priced out on the Canadian GM website
a 6th gen 2SS with sunroof and performance exhaust, manual transmission...nothing else added
came in msrp over $50k. then we have 13% sales tax here..puts it around $56k canadian...
thanks but no thanks.....if I ever trade my 5th gen for one of these, I will wait to pick up a used one in a few years..
Yeah, that's at least $7K more than I paid. Just on the MSRP. Some people have a price they're willing to pay to drive a first run car. Would if I could but as repeatedly keeps getting pointed out here, it wasn't 'all that' to more than a few.
Old 03-04-2016, 04:00 PM   #36
HPerformance

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS
In Toronto most dealers have a hard time getting one

2011 Cadillac Escalade- Black on Tan- 20% Tint, Full WeatherTech,6.2L

2016 Chevrolet Cruze 2LT- Black on Black-

I like Black Cars.
HPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 04:06 PM   #37
LT1Zob

Drives: 23 LT1 / 19 Z06 / after 6 5th gens
You mean not too many want to fork over $50k for a Malibu coupe? ok, let the hate begin. Don't care how it performs, it doesn't appeal to me.
Old 03-04-2016, 04:07 PM   #38
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Nope...Chevys mistake was the price point. A lot don't wan to spend the money they are asking. The SS can run as high as 48k and the V6 can run about 35k. Thats way more than Gen 5. i gaurantee that you will see absolutely no price increease for 2017 and maybe even a decrease. Sure the 16s offer more performance but many just don't want to dish out that much when they get a Mustang with a little less oooomph, but still a nice car. Remember that was the same mistake dodge made with the Challenger when they brought them back, they were over priced and few wanted to dish out the doh. Remember ...historically American muscle has always been performance at bargain prices. Not saying the Camaro is not a bargain for the performance you get because it is a huge bargain when comparing foreign cars. The Camaro is even close to supercar territory in looking at the track #s. Its just that they are still a little on the high side for the everyday working stiff especially since we are still in a recession.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 04:26 PM   #39
Dismonkey1

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS Ashen Grey
I recently purchased a 15 Camaro 2SS commemorative edition. I traded in a 13 SRT 8 Super Bee. Was drawn to the 0% plus rebate (and previous Chevy owners were getting an additional 3K owner loyalty rebate) and the styling with the red leather was appealing. The 16 was nice. A slightly better interior than a regular Gen 5 SS imo, but rear seats were a no go. At 6'1, I was almost sitting in the rear seat. At least with the 15, I can fit some of my teenage daughter's friends in the back seat for soccer carpool duty. The price point was well over 40K for a base 16 2SS. At that point frankly, I would be looking at an RT Scat Pack or similar.
Dismonkey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 04:57 PM   #40
Pork Chop

Drives: M6 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
I paid 40k even, with all fees included , for my brand new 2013 crystal red 2SS/RS M6 vert in 2013. It came with nav, NPP exhaust, short throw shifter,and blaclk rallr stripes. When i see the prices on the 16s coupes close to 50k it makes me cringe. The vert will easily be in the mid 50k range. That is ridiculous. I don't see 15k worth of improvements.
Pork Chop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 05:09 PM   #41
shrinkdoc

Drives: SRT Yugo GT Super Sport with Manual
Its also a first year run, go to the Camaro6 sites in the trouble forum and there are lots of issues being discussed that people are not happy about. Its keeping me from buying for now. Maybe later in the year or a 17. I will continue to monitor the forum to see how Chevy is addressing the issues.
shrinkdoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 05:19 PM   #42
qcman

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RDP Tuned L99
I like them overall except the damned rear side window it always looks wrong to me somehow especially compared to the Gen 5.
qcman is offline   Reply With Quote