Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 09-02-2017, 09:13 AM   #15
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
I've been using ramps and jackstands for as long as I've been doing anything on cars that needed them raised, and I haven't run across anything yet that I couldn't get done with the car lifted that way.

That I can think of offhand . . . exhaust work including header installation and header repair, clutch jobs, engine & transmission swaps/other work, brake & suspension work, axle gears, body work and body bushing replacement (G-body car), crossmember modification and frame repair, fuel and brake lines.

The DIY ramps I use now look like ron's once assembled (down to the handles for easier handling), and were made from lumber left over from some other project with an older set of DIY ramps re-purposed to get the last two plank thicknesses worth of lift. When they get too heavy for me to move around by myself it might be time for me to consider not doing the things that I need them for any more.

Norm
Old 09-03-2017, 12:22 AM   #16
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
I've been using ramps and jackstands for as long as I've been doing anything on cars that needed them raised, and I haven't run across anything yet that I couldn't get done with the car lifted that way.

That I can think of offhand . . . exhaust work including header installation and header repair, clutch jobs, engine & transmission swaps/other work, brake & suspension work, axle gears, body work and body bushing replacement (G-body car), crossmember modification and frame repair, fuel and brake lines.

The DIY ramps I use now look like ron's once assembled (down to the handles for easier handling), and were made from lumber left over from some other project with an older set of DIY ramps re-purposed to get the last two plank thicknesses worth of lift. When they get too heavy for me to move around by myself it might be time for me to consider not doing the things that I need them for any more.

Norm
Off topic ... what's up with the Mustang pics these days?
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 06:57 AM   #17
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalRedTintcoat View Post
Off topic ... what's up with the Mustang pics these days?
The 'wheel not centered in the opening' picture was one I already had. Not sure what others, but I'm way too lazy to chase down pictures a second time to illustrate a non-brand-specific point I'm trying to make if I've already got one.

Somebody else posted some TNiA pictures of me.

I suppose in a couple of days I could show my own DIY ramps in action. A package from some MGW company arrived yesterday, and it's not supposed to rain all week . . .

Norm
Old 09-03-2017, 05:44 PM   #18
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Got ambitious. Needed to jack the whole car up so I could work underneath (the top two planks are pinned to the bottom two). I leave some load on the jacks so I'm not counting on those light-duty jackstands alone. Jacks (plural) makes lifting the car up more evenly possible.

A lift inside the garage is out of the question

Norm