Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-25-2009, 11:05 PM   #1
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
And the pre-order saga goes on and on!

I spoke to my dealer tonight with my fingers crossed hoping to hear the magic words "Your car will be built in April". Well that was not the case sad to report. I was the third to order from my dealer with 10 allocated cars. I thought my chances were good for an April build date. It has been a little hard to pin them down and get the info that I have learned here at Camaro5 but with a lot of effort I think they have been fairly honest with me. They had one car concensed for the March build dates and two concensed for the April build dates. Now with simple math I would figure that I would have been the third one since I had ordered third. Wrong assumption, I dont know who or what was bumped ahead of me but since the dealer controls the priority numbers it could be anything. I was told that I should get my car by August or early September. Man oh man was I ever so dissappointed to hear that. He did say that they did not want to promise an earlier date because they could not control the production and they did not want to dissapoint me. Wow, If they only knew how dissapointed I already am. I really thought that was the whole point in pre-ordering our cars. Now I have no choice but to wait it out and pray for a miracle. So with great envy to all that are getting their cars as promised and as expected congrats, and to all that are having the same issues or in some cases worse, my deepest regrets. For all the great people that have helped me to understand the process and all the great people from Chevy, Thanks. :bangdesk:
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:11 PM   #2
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
I'm not sure if the dealer car counts towards consensus, but if it does that may be it.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:12 PM   #3
RallyFever

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Verify your priority number and question it if other than #3.
RallyFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:12 PM   #4
RallyFever

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk 1027 View Post
I'm not sure if the dealer car counts towards consensus, but if it does that may be it.
It does not.
RallyFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:18 PM   #5
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyFever View Post
It does not.
yeah I thought so. There may be something shady going on there.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:21 PM   #6
ravensjeff
100% Chevy & Harley Man

Drives: 2010 2SS: Blown LSX 376-B15
Sounds like they lowered your priority without telling you.
ravensjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:22 PM   #7
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
hang in there...

The more I read and the more I hear about the whole process one thing is becoming clearer - and that is everything changes week to week.
And unfortunately the dealers are most of the times out of the loop, have little control over what happens and can't get definitive answers as to what is happening at levels way beyond them.
And yes, some of them are .....
But I have to believe that a good number of those who ordered early, and are not part of a color or option constraint will get their cars sooner than later.
Remember as of today 3/26, we are 10 days into the build process. 10 days!
Nothing is carved in stone, everything is subject to change and once they get past the ramp up for the dealer's show room cars, things will get into more of a understandable process and cycle....

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:22 PM   #8
2010 SS RS

!

Agree with the dealer car.....Does not count against the allocation. Now they will not verify my priority number. I really now do not have much confidence that they will or have been processed as ordered. Obviously they have not been. It just sucks pure and simple. But there is absolutely nothing that I can do. I do not want to lose my pre-order status or my msrp price. But if I come across another 2SS RS IBM with a 6 speed at msrp I would buy it and kiss my deposit goodby and not deal with them but I dont see that happening. I guess I was just too stupid when I ordered not to verify how the prority and orders would be processed......I have never ordered let alone pre-ordered a car before. And when they told my I was the third to order and even made a big deal out of it by showing me their order board in the conference room, I assumed that I would be the third built and delivered by that dealer. Duh! I guess I was an idiot.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
Old 03-25-2009, 11:24 PM   #9
Riderover40

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 2SS LS3 w/RS
If they could build 650 to 700 cars a week 14000 will be complete by end of July, I would suggest that if parts supply is in line with build capacity that you will see your car before end of July. For sure I fell GM has underpromised what they planned so as "not " to dissapoint those who put a deposit down and you will find that GM is considering increasing the build rate. I heard directly from the osuthern Ontario district sales manager that GM was surprised by the over demand to plans that they were reconsidering. Until they are sure that parts supply and manpower are available you will not hear about incrreased production. More then likely our Oshawa plant employee members will have some idea as to final build rates very soon. Keep your hopes up man , I am extemely hopeful and I didnt even order until production started !

Roto Fab CAI, Magnacharger MP2300, Kooks HO SS 1-7/8" LT's, Kook's Catted Connectors, Corsa SS Dual Rear Exit Cat-Back for A6 with Lasered Livernois Signature 4" Dual Wall Exit Pipes, Barton Short Throw. 546 RWHP 517 RWT

This Car Rocks !! "Bring It On" GT-500
Riderover40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:42 PM   #10
2010 SS RS

I am trying to keep my hopes up but it just gets so frustrating dealing with the crap over something that actually seems simple....Milk I really like your spring break edition.....Maybe I need to endulge til I puke too.....The calculations on the 14,000 pre-orders is all and good but that really is a misleading number. My example is just one of many that are happening. Either current orders or dealer stock TRE orders are being placed and being filled before actual pre-orders. So as an example if a dealer had 10 allocations and had 5 preorders then 5 TRE orders concensed before the preorders then maybe that 14,000 is more like 28,000 cars. Now another fact I saw was that nearly 30% of the dealers did not even participate in the preorder process. All of their allocation is unaccounted for in this math. I just have to face the fact that I am completely at the whim and will of my dealer. He has me by the short hairs on this deal.....Every day I live is a day that I learn! I will not ever make this mistake again. I guess I have been running my business for so long that I expect others to act the same. My problem is that I have to not ever assume anything. But none the less I cant wait for my car and who knows maybe the HUD and ABL and a z28 package will be available when I get it....
Old 03-26-2009, 07:13 AM   #11
2010 SS RS

I Pledge to provide accurate 2SS order info ala RPOZ28

I will post like RPO Z28's tracking of a car that has already made it thru concensus and getting built. Mine is stuck in the process at the dealer. Hopefully, others can learn from this side of the process as well. So at this point I am pretty up to date. As so many of the Senior members as well as some of the very astute buyers have stated. GET YOUR DEAL IN WRITING.
Talk openly with your dealer about allocations, concensus and get your spot in the order process in WRITING. If you do this then unless a constraint occurs your order will go thru as production allows. If you dont want dealer stock cars placed and filled before yours. GET IT IN WRITING. I do want to point out that mine was not bumped because of a stock order according to my Dealer. My big mistake was not getting my spot in writing so if you start right you will end right. I will try to keep you all updated as this car moves through the system.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:17 AM   #12
ezleeinfamous

Drives: 2012 ZL1
Just look at it as an opportunity to get your credit score up and save up a bigger down payment!!! If that helps any, I know that's what I am doing, I want the best rate on my loan!!!
ezleeinfamous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 07:26 AM   #13
Edrock

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
I spoke to my dealer tonight with my fingers crossed hoping to hear the magic words "Your car will be built in April". Well that was not the case sad to report. I was the third to order from my dealer with 10 allocated cars. I thought my chances were good for an April build date. It has been a little hard to pin them down and get the info that I have learned here at Camaro5 but with a lot of effort I think they have been fairly honest with me. They had one car concensed for the March build dates and two concensed for the April build dates. Now with simple math I would figure that I would have been the third one since I had ordered third. Wrong assumption, I dont know who or what was bumped ahead of me but since the dealer controls the priority numbers it could be anything. I was told that I should get my car by August or early September. Man oh man was I ever so dissappointed to hear that. He did say that they did not want to promise an earlier date because they could not control the production and they did not want to dissapoint me. Wow, If they only knew how dissapointed I already am. I really thought that was the whole point in pre-ordering our cars. Now I have no choice but to wait it out and pray for a miracle. So with great envy to all that are getting their cars as promised and as expected congrats, and to all that are having the same issues or in some cases worse, my deepest regrets. For all the great people that have helped me to understand the process and all the great people from Chevy, Thanks. :bangdesk:
By chance, did you order a Hurst Short Throw Shifter? If so, that's why you got bumped because I think that is still on constraint along with CGM but I see you did not order CGM...Because of the constraints/cancelations, I have moved up 3 spots at my dealership.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:41 AM   #14
Stingr69
'69 Owned Since '79

Drives: '69 Z/28 LeMans Blue w/White
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
Agree with the dealer car.....Does not count against the allocation. Now they will not verify my priority number. I really now do not have much confidence that they will or have been processed as ordered. Obviously they have not been. It just sucks pure and simple. But there is absolutely nothing that I can do. I do not want to lose my pre-order status or my msrp price. But if I come across another 2SS RS IBM with a 6 speed at msrp I would buy it and kiss my deposit goodby and not deal with them but I dont see that happening. I guess I was just too stupid when I ordered not to verify how the prority and orders would be processed......I have never ordered let alone pre-ordered a car before. And when they told my I was the third to order and even made a big deal out of it by showing me their order board in the conference room, I assumed that I would be the third built and delivered by that dealer. Duh! I guess I was an idiot.
You are not alone. Lots of members here are frustrated because GM does not have a 100% fair and orderly "first in - first out" ordering system for our cars. You can put a gun to the dealers head but in all honesty, if you pull the trigger - nothing is going to happen! :( You can see the frustration in the posts and the lack of new fun topics. My order (FIRST on 10/13) was pushed out for some time BUT we have had some progress with GM picking it up recently. Once you get notified that your order is moving up in the system, you will feel MUCH better. It WILL happen - They want your money so they have to build it some time. Production will ramp up and the orders will be picked up well before the end of the year. They can't take ALL YEAR to build 14,000 cars! The wait will be worth it just keep the faith. It will get here when it gets here. Relax and "enjoy" the process

-Mark.
Stingr69 is offline   Reply With Quote