Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 02-17-2013, 05:00 PM   #1
Michael2000

Drives: .
Anyone Track their 1LE Yet?

I was just wondering if anyone has tracked their 1LE yet. If so,

1) How did it hold up, including the tires? Any problems?

2) How did it perform against some of the other cars out there, especially the Corvettes?

Michael
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:07 PM   #2
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
I will be doing Laguna Seca March 1st,so will have plenty to share after )))))))
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:13 PM   #3
Michael2000

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornerspeed92 View Post
I will be doing Laguna Seca March 1st,so will have plenty to share after )))))))
That would be a fun track. Who's putting that on?

Michael
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:16 PM   #4
cornerspeed92

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE
Yeah this will be a highlight in my life i am so excited
http://www.hookedondriving.com/
cornerspeed92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:34 PM   #5
Synner

Drives: cars
The brakes will be a weak link if you want to hang with corvettes consistently. They'll have a slight advantage exiting turns due to power/weight.

Although at a track day event it has the most to do with the drivers skills. Then tires then suspension then brakes. It has the suspension and decent tires. Slicks and better brakes and you will be able to beat most vehicles despite being a chubby girl.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:42 PM   #6
Lumino1LE
Rally Yellow 2SS/RS/SR

Drives: Born 11/12 2012 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Summit Point, March 9 - 10 w/SCCA. Swapping out brake fluid and adding oil catch can, otherwise bone stock.
Lumino1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:48 PM   #7
So Cal Camaro
So Cal Race Team

Drives: 2013 Camaro
Run to the Coast next weekend for 2 days of Road Course, Autocross and Speed Stop, and my brakes won't be the weak link on mine....
Attached Images

Old 02-17-2013, 06:52 PM   #8
Synner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumino1LE View Post
Summit Point, March 9 - 10 w/SCCA. Swapping out brake fluid and adding oil catch can, otherwise bone stock.
Wish I could make it. Will be missing the whole season due to a deployment but will be back for it next spring.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:41 AM   #9
Navydane

Drives: 13 VR 1LE
Good luck on your deployment!

I'm 2 weeks from home and a couple weeks later my 1LE should show up. Oooh eee. Excited.
Navydane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:08 AM   #10
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
From the owner's manual;

Racing or Other Competitive Driving

Racing or competitive driving may
affect the vehicle warranty. See the warranty book before using the vehicle for racing or other competitive driving.

Notice: If you use the vehicle for
racing or other competitive driving, the engine may use more oil than it would with normal use.
Low oil levels can damage the engine. For information on how to add oil, see Engine Oil on
page 10‐13.

Be sure to check the oil level often during racing or other competitive driving and keep the
level at or near the upper mark that shows the proper operating range on the engine oil dipstick.

For racing or competitive driving, it is recommended that the brake fluid be replaced with a high performance brake fluid that has a dry boiling point greater than 279°C (534°F).

After conversion to the high performance brake fluid, follow the brake fluid service recommendations outlined by the fluid manufacturer. Do not use silicone or DOT-5 brake fluids.

ZL1 and 1LE: For racing and competitive driving, the vehicle load should be limited to the driver only and no cargo. The tires should be inflated to at least 180 kPa (26 psi).

If the vehicle is used for racing or other competitive driving, the rear axle fluid temperatures may be higher than would occur in normal driving. GM recommends that the rear axle fluid be drained and refilled with new fluid after every 24 hours of racing or competitive
driving. See Recommended Fluids and Lubricants on page 11‐12.

For extended track use, GM recommends installing a rear differential cooler to protect the rear axle. This excludes the ZL1 as it has a rear differential cooler as
standard equipment.

For track use only, it is recommended that the oil control kit be installed to prevent excessive oil
consumption. This kit is available through your dealer.
Notice: Extended track operation without this kit installed may result in a low oil level and could result in engine damage.

To prepare the Camaro ZL1 or SS brake system for track events and racing, the high performance brake burnish described below should be completed.

Brake Burnishing

New brake pads must be burnished
before racing or other competitive driving.

Notice: These procedures are specific to the ZL1 or Camaro SS brake package. This procedure should not be run on other Camaro models as damage may
result.

Notice: The new vehicle break‐in period should be completed before performing the brake burnish procedure or damage may occur to the powertrain/ engine. See New Vehicle Break-In on page 9‐16.

When performed as instructed, these procedures will not damage the brakes. During the burnishing
procedure, the brake pads will smoke and produce an odor. The braking force and pedal travel may increase. After the procedure is complete, the brake pads may appear white at the rotor contact.

Run this procedure in a safe manner and in compliance with all local and state ordinances/laws regarding motor vehicle operation. Run this procedure only on dry pavement.

Racing/Track Brake Burnish Procedure

Notice: Brake pedal fade will occur during this track burnish procedure and can cause brake pedal travel and force to increase. This could extend stopping distance until the brakes are fully burnished.

1. Apply the brakes 25 times starting 100 km/h (60 mph) to 50 km/h (30 mph) while decelerating at 0.4 g. This is a medium brake application. Drive for at least 1 km (0.6 mi) between applying the brakes. This first step may be skipped if there are more than 320 km (200 miles) on the brake pads.

2. Repeatedly apply the brakes from 100 km/h (60 mph) to 25 km/h (15 mph) while decelerating at 0.8 g. This is a hard brake application, without activating the Antilock Brake System. Drive for at least 1 km (0.6 mi) between stops. Repeat until brake pedal travel starts to increase. Depending on conditions this should take no longer than 25 brake applications.

3. Cool down: Drive at 100 km/h (60 mph) for approximately 15 km (10 mi) without using brakes.

4. Apply the brakes 25 times from 100 km/h (60 mph) to 50 km/h (30 mph) while decelerating at 0.4 g. This is a medium brake application. Drive for at least
1 km (0.6 mi) between applications.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:11 AM   #11
Lumino1LE
Rally Yellow 2SS/RS/SR

Drives: Born 11/12 2012 Camaro 2SS RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
Wish I could make it. Will be missing the whole season due to a deployment but will be back for it next spring.
We'll see you then. Stay safe.
Lumino1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:19 AM   #12
Synner

Definitely, I want to run against some 1LE's with my current mods. I want to see how much of a disadvantage the old sways are. Although it won't be an apples to apples comparison due to my other mods. If things go as planned I'll have wider tires and lighter wheels all around upon my return. Plus the double adjustables, bushings and bigger brakes. I think the wider tires and coilovers will make up for the sways but money talks and bull!@#$ walks. That and I'm trying to talk myself out of spending 850 for the pedders conversion package.

I'll start doing cooling system upgrades (radiator and oil) and maybe a cam when I get back too. The goal is to do more summit point but also VIR and maybe Watkins Glen if they have an open weekend next summer.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:30 PM   #13
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by So Cal Camaro View Post
Run to the Coast next weekend for 2 days of Road Course, Autocross and Speed Stop, and my brakes won't be the weak link on mine....
Sweet!! Are you going to add any ventilation? Are those the stock rotors?
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:54 PM   #14
Synner

Those are the CTS-V calipers and ZL-1 rotor.
A lovely choice...