Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 08-27-2008, 01:04 AM   #29
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
<fanboy on> This works for me. I may be in the minority, but - I like it. </fanboy off>
Old 08-27-2008, 01:23 AM   #30
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
I'm just sad that there won't be a torque gauge anymore.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:24 AM   #31
Kenz Camaro

Drives: 1994 Impala SS
Did I miss something; No torque gauge?
It's tough to keep up with every thread on this site, sheesh!
Kenz Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 10:31 AM   #32
DntWrryBeHappy21
Patiently Waiting...

Drives: whatevers in the driveway atm
Send a message via AIM to DntWrryBeHappy21
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Beast_ View Post

NOOOOO LOOK AT THE PICTURE ZOOMED IN!!!!! THATS THE RING AROUND THE KEY NOT THE PADDLE THAT LITTLE WRITING AROUND ON IT IN WHITE IS THE LITTLE THING THAT SAYS "ON". BAILEYRX IS RIGHT!!!!!!

The paddles are most likely F1 style. Behind the wheel and attached to the wheels inner coloum so they turn with the wheel. And remember that I was always the one to say it and they will be like this.
and thats why i said his LEFT HAND the key is on the right side no? you can still see the paddle on the left side of the steering wheel or am I seeing things?

One day....
DntWrryBeHappy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 12:03 PM   #33
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
I think the 4 gauge set is way to low. I have been in situations where I needed that data and been in heavy traffic. It's hard enough with a vette and that data is right on the main dash. Looking down is gonna be tricky. I am sure they have a master check gauge light on that main panel up top or else it's gonna be to dangerous to look down at high speeds.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 12:19 PM   #34
dayvedayve

Drives: 2006 Chevy Avalanche
This pick is from the Popular Mechanics review. Is this the paddle shift on the back of the steering wheel?
Attached Images

dayvedayve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 01:24 PM   #35
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenz Camaro View Post
Did I miss something; No torque gauge?
It's tough to keep up with every thread on this site, sheesh!
Though it hasn't been expressly stated by GM, it seems they have dropped the torque gauge in favor of a transmission temperature gauge. Who in their right mind would be towing something in their Camaro?!

It is safe to assume, however, that since the magazines have only tested the V6, that because it doesn't make as much torque (the gauge goes to 370, the V6 only makes 270), the torque gauge is limited to the SS.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
Old 08-27-2008, 01:27 PM   #36
DntWrryBeHappy21
Patiently Waiting...

Drives: whatevers in the driveway atm
Send a message via AIM to DntWrryBeHappy21
back to visibility for a second:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automobile Mag
The basics: Yes, there's a huge blind spot in the C-pillar. And, yes, the view out the front is like looking through a mail slot. But fixing either problem would require making the Camaro look . . . well, less like it does now. And the Camaro looks good now, so we don't really care. GM's designers apparently tried a number of different styling solutions for the C-pillar, all of which were aimed at fixing the blind spot problem - ultimately, however, they weren't able to arrive at a solution that both looked good and worked well.

but we wont know for sure how we feel till we drive em

One day....
DntWrryBeHappy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 01:30 PM   #37
Dan

Drives: 2004 GTO
No, I think the torque gauge is gone and good riddens. Its useless information. A tranny temp gauge is far more practical. Besides, the SS engines make more then 370 ft-lbs of torque. Also that rear view mirror looks like an electrochromatic one, those are awesome.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 01:33 PM   #38
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
No, I think the torque gauge is gone and good riddens. Its useless information. A tranny temp gauge is far more practical. Besides, the SS engines make more then 370 ft-lbs of torque. Also that rear view mirror looks like an electrochromatic one, those are awesome.
It makes a little over 400, with at the wheels would equate to around 370.

Kurt Vonnegut
Old 08-27-2008, 01:50 PM   #39
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
For the SS, it's simple - keep the RPMs between 4000 and 5000 and you'll be in the sweet spot with 400+ ft-lbs of torque available. All the gauge would do is validate the known torque curve for the LS3 against your particular engine.

Once you know where the peak and the sweet spot are, you really wouldn't have much use for the gauge. Well, other than it looks cool and it goes the opposite direction of your gas gauge.

rolnslo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 04:05 PM   #40
Bowtie Guy Z28

Drives: 98' Z28 08 CC Z71 2010 SS/RS
That's the best MT article I've seen on a domestic vehicle in a loooong time!!

The "Z": BBK Intake, 85 MM Power TB, Smooth Bellow, SLP Lid, K&N, SLP Panhard, Strut Tower Brace, Spec Stage 2+ Racing Clutch, MSD Wires, Performance Exhaust
Bowtie Guy Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 04:14 PM   #41
The_Beast_
THE GoldMember

Drives: '92 Pathfinder A.K.A The BEAST
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayvedayve View Post
This pick is from the Popular Mechanics review. Is this the paddle shift on the back of the steering wheel?
Thats exactly what I said. I told you all that they would be F1 Style. IM A FREAKING GENIUS.

AUGUST 2009 AURORA HITSS THE SSTREETSS!!!!!

~MY SSCHEME: BLACK W/GOLD BUMPER 2 BUMPER Z-28 SSTRIPESS.~
^In the wise words of Pink, "NO NOT MUSTANG GOLD"

Forget a automatic, a MUSCLE car needs STICK! To bad I'm getting auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lonely Island
IM RIDIN ON A DOLPHIN DOIN FLIPS N' SHIT!!!!

May The Beast Rest In Peace. For Now.
The_Beast_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 05:39 PM   #42
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
I think the 4 gauge set is way to low. I have been in situations where I needed that data and been in heavy traffic. It's hard enough with a vette and that data is right on the main dash. Looking down is gonna be tricky. I am sure they have a master check gauge light on that main panel up top or else it's gonna be to dangerous to look down at high speeds.
That's what i've been saying all along, too. I look at my gauges, out of habit, all the time. I don't care to look at the floor. This was a stupid idea. They were put on the console in 69' as an afterthought, and there was no other spot for them. There's no excuse for this. Since 82' all those guages were in front of the driver. That's retro, for the sake of retro, and most buyers they want to attract have never even been in a 69' Camaro.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote