Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-24-2010, 10:26 AM   #57
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napper View Post
c'mon this is fun.

we can use conjecture to postulate the new Z28.

We already know the Camaro...and the 6.2L LSA is out and capable of wrecking havoc on the Gt500 powerplant. Stock for stock.

moving to a coilover vs the elctromagnetic would only be to come in under the Gt500 pricing...as its an expensive system.( electromagentics)

i'm willing to bet i'm close. and surely i entered thread late others must see the same thing.

The LSA will achieve better milage in a lighter car.+ be slightly more powerful without losing milage gained. AS CAFE looms over the horizon.
you are still just guessing, right?
Old 07-24-2010, 10:41 AM   #58
Napper

Drives: 2SS RS A6/ CTS-V A6 LSA
educating guessing.

being knee deep in a tuner shop, ( as an investment) I'd like to think i get hints from cetain suppliers...although i'm just low % investor. I hear things, read things
and can surely add 1 + 1.

why? do my predictions offend you? They are guesses , albeit EDUCATED.
running on akums razor...the simplest answer is usually right.

My $100 bet.

Agressive Camaro body( (no brainer), CTS-v sourched powerplant ,tranny , brakes.

with the exception of electomagnetics. suspension specific to the Z28.

Is it not logical?

I know people...they will plunk down 50k for a proven motor and tranny. the LSA is a natural . because it falls within the pricepoint.
and has the Hp/tq required why go anywhere else??

Gm is smart enough. Even an LS3 with some sort of + displacment s/c will be akin to the LSA....why change what isn't broken.
L99, ADM RACE CAI, TVS 2300,LG- Headers and X pipe ,catless 3 inch back w/Magnaflows , Ngk plugs,Msd wires,180 stat,Springs ( lowered 1"- looks solidly correct)Sways and endlinks,BMR trailing arms, Slotted rotors and Hawk HPS ,tuned ,Black out bowtie and custom (black)"SS" on sides /midnight rims (8psi)
2010 Raven (triple black.)CTS-v , crank pulley, Bubb CAI , AR Headers, custom catlessback. magnaflows. tune ( 9psi)
former LS7, LS2 and LS1 owner.(Zo6, GTO's, WS6)

Last edited by Napper; 07-24-2010 at 10:53 AM.
Napper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 10:55 AM   #59
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Enough differences for car buffs to know. Besides, it wouldn't be economically feasable to have 2 completely different styles w/n a model, parts-wise.

..2012 Z28 FTW!
2010SLVRBULIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:20 PM   #60
LS1owner

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS- SOLD!!
I would be on a Z28 with 500+ HP in a second if the price stays south of 50k...46k MSRP max. At that point youre in a well equipped Vette.
LS1owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 02:35 PM   #61
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napper View Post
educating guessing.

being knee deep in a tuner shop, ( as an investment) I'd like to think i get hints from cetain suppliers...although i'm just low % investor. I hear things, read things
and can surely add 1 + 1.

why? do my predictions offend you? They are guesses , albeit EDUCATED.
running on akums razor...the simplest answer is usually right.

My $100 bet.

Agressive Camaro body( (no brainer), CTS-v sourched powerplant ,tranny , brakes.

with the exception of electomagnetics. suspension specific to the Z28.

Is it not logical?

I know people...they will plunk down 50k for a proven motor and tranny. the LSA is a natural . because it falls within the pricepoint.
and has the Hp/tq required why go anywhere else??

Gm is smart enough. Even an LS3 with some sort of + displacment s/c will be akin to the LSA....why change what isn't broken.
No not offended, I just feel some of the people on here are going overboard and maybe are just wanting to be an, "I told you so" kind of person.. I guarentee you this, some predictions will come true and some will not, and Nobody will be 100 percent right...
Old 07-24-2010, 02:43 PM   #62
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS1owner View Post
I would be on a Z28 with 500+ HP in a second if the price stays south of 50k...46k MSRP max. At that point youre in a well equipped Vette.
Only if you get one heck of a deal on the Corvette. They start at $49k.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 03:11 PM   #63
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Only if you get one heck of a deal on the Corvette. They start at $49k.
But you don't pay near sticker on a vette either
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 05:48 AM   #64
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
Ive said this too, we dont know what its going to have. And really maybe the body might even change too and the shell we see in these photos is false. Who really knows maybe this thing turns into just a re-badge and price jack or maybe its a monster. Let's think of rescent muscle car failures, the charger and the GTO.
Old 08-07-2010, 09:09 AM   #65
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by nards444 View Post
Ive said this too, we dont know what its going to have. And really maybe the body might even change too and the shell we see in these photos is false. Who really knows maybe this thing turns into just a re-badge and price jack or maybe its a monster. Let's think of rescent muscle car failures, the charger and the GTO.
The GTO wasn't as much of a failure as people think. Its production was rather limited so GM never expected to sell too many of them in the first place. It was a badge engineered Holden Monaro, which was cancelled with no replacement so its life was destined to be short from day one.

I have no idea why you consider the Charger to be a failure. Its arguably been their most successful car over the last 5 years. Last month it was the best selling car at Chrysler Corp, and 6th best selling overall (behind the Ram 1500, Wrangler, the minivans, and Grand Cherokee). And thats despite the fact that it was introduced over 5 years ago and is getting a refresh later this year.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......

Camaro Fest sub-forum
Old 08-07-2010, 09:51 AM   #66
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
The GTO wasn't as much of a failure as people think. Its production was rather limited so GM never expected to sell too many of them in the first place. It was a badge engineered Holden Monaro, which was cancelled with no replacement so its life was destined to be short from day one.

I have no idea why you consider the Charger to be a failure. Its arguably been their most successful car over the last 5 years. Last month it was the best selling car at Chrysler Corp, and 6th best selling overall (behind the Ram 1500, Wrangler, the minivans, and Grand Cherokee). And thats despite the fact that it was introduced over 5 years ago and is getting a refresh later this year.
when I mean failure it failed to capture the muscle car feeling. The GTO looked more like a ricer/Cavalier and the charger looks nothing like a sports car, now sporty four door family car yes. And the GTO was never a success a production run of what 3 years, umm dont think so
Old 08-07-2010, 10:56 PM   #67
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by nards444 View Post
when I mean failure it failed to capture the muscle car feeling. The GTO looked more like a ricer/Cavalier and the charger looks nothing like a sports car, now sporty four door family car yes. And the GTO was never a success a production run of what 3 years, umm dont think so
But it wasn't cut short due to lack of interest either. There was never any intention to continue it on for more than 3 years. I will agree that it was pretty generic, but then again ... at the time Pontiac was trying to get far away from 'expressive styling' which was done exclusively with plastic body moulding (like on my Grand Am).

As for the Charger, it has never looked like a sports car. Most people remember it as a big mean muscle car, and thats what the current Charger is (as long as you don't get a V6, but the slant 6 from back in the day wasn't terribly awe inspiring either).

Camaro Fest sub-forum