Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-04-2014, 12:37 PM   #617
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
The funny part is the Haters can't stop themselves from coming to C5 and reading about Camaros. This is what is known as closet ZL1 love and and deep down they know they really want one but have run their mouths off so much they don't want their friends and family to know how they really feel. I've never looked at a Challenger or Mustang forum so this concept of going to brands I claim to not like and posting is foreign to me. I'm betting some therapy will help you guys and then you can come out and go buy a ZL1, it's OK we are here for you once you get you head screwed on straight.

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 02:07 PM   #618
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd in Vancouver View Post
The funny part is the Haters can't stop themselves from coming to C5 and reading about Camaros. This is what is known as closet ZL1 love and and deep down they know they really want one but have run their mouths off so much they don't want their friends and family to know how they really feel. I've never looked at a Challenger or Mustang forum so this concept of going to brands I claim to not like and posting is foreign to me. I'm betting some therapy will help you guys and then you can come out and go buy a ZL1, it's OK we are here for you once you get you head screwed on straight.
I come to this site because its a good place to get automotive news, and theres some pretty smart people here too. (there is also certain posts that are so entertaining you just have to chip in and say something lol) I never once thought of purchasing a 5th gen camaro. But I get a lot of good GM news here, I even get Dodge news here and Ford news here.

I just like fast cars, particularly fast american cars so here I am.
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 03:39 PM   #619
Todd in Vancouver

Drives: 2014 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
I come to this site because its a good place to get automotive news, and theres some pretty smart people here too. (there is also certain posts that are so entertaining you just have to chip in and say something lol) I never once thought of purchasing a 5th gen camaro. But I get a lot of good GM news here, I even get Dodge news here and Ford news here.

I just like fast cars, particularly fast american cars so here I am.
I find it amusing and this was my effort to poke the bear. I'm not a brand fanboy and I've been doing this way to long to get worked up by it. It's always been amusing to me that some people refuse to look at the facts and are so enamoured by the emblem on the front of their car that you can't have a reasonable discussion. Are there faster cars then mine, yes for sure and there always will be. Are there some slower, always, and that's the interesting part. I can kick someone's a$$ on the track because I'm a better driver, the car can only do so much, and that exact same thing has happened to me. If you really want a lesson in humility, go to an AutoX and get your butt handed to you by a 150hp Miata and you quickly realize a lot of the "discussed knowledge" is BS.

How hard can it be...
Check out my other build http://www.pro-touring.com/threads/9...ject-Obsession

Todd in Vancouver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 04:47 PM   #620
GB73ZL1

Drives: 2014 ZL1, Ashen Grey, 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by RLHMARINES View Post
This IS a Camaro forum after all, so if you come into our house talkin s**t, don't expect not to get delt with. You bring respect, you get respect, that's how it works here.
Well said.

I don't understand where the sportsmanship went. I would personally be embarrassed to brag about beating a car in a 1/4 mile race against a car that has 130hp deficit and a less drag race friendly transmission with similar weight. Yet, I've read these posts on this thread and that other thread about how this hellcat will hand it to me in a race. Not only that...i have to concede to this. Really? Fair? Sportsmanlike? I don't think so. I will deal with the hellcat AND it's owners when I encounter one. Till then, all this smack talk is bull. And I hope the attitudes change when confronted face to face...giving/receiving the respect each car and owner deserves.