Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 11-12-2020, 06:38 PM   #1
Gstick

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS/RS 1LE
Stress reliever

Did my final drive for the season yesterday & I just can't say how much I love driving this car. I don't track it at all, just spirited street driving on back roads in the unpopulated areas of south western, PA. She is 100% stock, but for this "old guy" it just plain works !!!
Gstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 10:59 AM   #2
GONIF

Drives: 73 VETTE ,, 05 2500hd diesel,14 1LE
Cheap Thrills

Yea, I use mine the same way . Great way get the stress and bs relieved . A real hoot to drive on the twisty back roads . And while it isn't exactly cheap ,it's more fun for the dollar than just about anything except maybe chasing Women and sipping good single malt Scotch.
IMHO , you will need to upgrade your radar detector to truly enjoy the drive now a days . I suggest the Uniden R7 for it's range and its ability to eliminate false alarms from the new Honda and Acura k band BSM radar that are all over the place now and driving people with almost all other radar detectors nuts with false alarms.

Last edited by GONIF; 11-13-2020 at 02:25 PM.
GONIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 05:52 AM   #3
Level300

Drives: 2015 Black rs/ss/1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gstick View Post
Did my final drive for the season yesterday & I just can't say how much I love driving this car. I don't track it at all, just spirited street driving on back roads in the unpopulated areas of south western, PA. She is 100% stock, but for this "old guy" it just plain works !!!
Watch out for the deer. But I’m sure you’re fully aware of them already. Find the nearest road track and take it for a spin there.( Tracknightinamerica.com ). At your most spirited, you’re probably experiencing 40% of the fun in your Camaro. I’m an old guy too and let me tell you, the experience is safely in my top 10 best experiences of my life so far. You think it’s amazing on back roads? you’ll be in awe after your first track day. It is a different car at the track. Check it out next year if you get a chance.
Level300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2020, 09:17 PM   #4
Glassman66

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/RS 1le
I'm so in love with my car too. I get so excited just to drive it to and from work. It puts my head right back into a good frame.
Just the sound of NPP with headers raising the dead is so soothing to me.
Slamming through a turn heel toeing my downshift and letting her rip.
I may be 54 but I feel 21 when I'm in this beast.
Old 01-08-2021, 09:17 AM   #5
96SS390

Drives: 2006 BOM GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Level300 View Post
Watch out for the deer. But I’m sure you’re fully aware of them already. Find the nearest road track and take it for a spin there.( Tracknightinamerica.com ). At your most spirited, you’re probably experiencing 40% of the fun in your Camaro. I’m an old guy too and let me tell you, the experience is safely in my top 10 best experiences of my life so far. You think it’s amazing on back roads? you’ll be in awe after your first track day. It is a different car at the track. Check it out next year if you get a chance.
What part of the state are you in? I live like 15 mins from Pitt Race would always be cool to meet up with another 1LE.
96SS390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 09:18 AM   #6
96SS390

Drives: 2006 BOM GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gstick View Post
When you pull her out in the spring shot me a message would love to see some other 1LE in the area.
96SS390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2021, 09:59 AM   #7
Syclone

Drives: 2015 Camaro
I'm 62 and my camaro is my time machine. I love to drive the mountain roads here in San Diego. Its awesome getting up in the morning and chasing the sunrise.