Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

Old 06-09-2020, 02:28 AM   #1
redrum_maro
Runs on caffeine

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Autocross suspension settings

Im going to be going to an autocross event soon. I was wondering if anyone has tracked the car with the Pedders supercar coilovers with reservoir. What settings have you ran and felt like you had great results with? I'm also open to learning techniques to finding the right settings.

I am running Nitto Nt555 285 front and 305 rear on an FBO Camaro SS
redrum_maro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 09:55 AM   #2
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
I ran them for four years autocrossing. It depends on a lot of things. Is the course surface beat up and old with low grip or newer asphalt or concrete and more grip? I see you have a 2010, what swaybars do you have? And are the bars the newer fe4 style in the rear? Keep these in mind, especially as the swaybars will have a influence on settings. Basically with your staggered tires use soft settings for low grip surfaces and middle settings for good grip surfaces. Low grip surfaces, really tight slow turns try rebound of 9F, 12R, the bound will be 7 F&R. On a better surface, and or a bigger more sweeping and open course try 16f, 18r rebound and 12 bound range. All of these are set from dead soft.You will have to play with them to tune to your tires, turn in response and if you like oversteer or understeer.
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2020, 01:06 AM   #3
redrum_maro
Runs on caffeine

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Thank you Baron, greatly appreciated and I have seen people say their settings but never knew whether they were from dead soft or hard. Made it nice and clear to understand will begin to play around with these settings and find what I like the most.
redrum_maro is offline   Reply With Quote