Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 06-15-2012, 04:55 AM   #183
Gunnie21
Jarvis

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Where did you get the new halo retro lights at?
Gunnie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 10:23 PM   #184
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Drives: Synergy LS & Vulcan 1600cc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnie21 View Post
Where did you get the new halo retro lights at?
I made them. Check this thread i made on it:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201133
Old 06-17-2012, 12:40 AM   #185
Envious
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Twin Turbo Synergy RS Coupe
Beautiful car! How did you paint the scale model? What scale is it? BTW I like the hood pins too!
Envious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:47 AM   #186
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious View Post
Beautiful car! How did you paint the scale model? What scale is it? BTW I like the hood pins too!
Thank you, and I bought synergy green paint in a spray paint can (3 of them) from automotivetouchup.com.

So i sanded down the model, primed it, painted it with the green, then clear coated it. All with spray paint cans. No special equipment at all. And i forget the model size, but its about a foot long, its pretty big.
Old 06-17-2012, 10:11 AM   #187
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
going through some of the member journals, looks great! I want to see this beauty in real life though lol

Also, have you thought about AAC afterburners?
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 12:26 PM   #188
MrGood

Drives: Broken palmghetto test car
Send a message via Yahoo to MrGood
Can't wait to see this in person. I'd been thinking about straight pipes on mine too but I wanna hear em first. The hood pins have really grown on me too! They are functional right?
MrGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:52 PM   #189
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
going through some of the member journals, looks great! I want to see this beauty in real life though lol

Also, have you thought about AAC afterburners?

Thanks, and yes in time I will be getting some afterburners for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGood View Post
Can't wait to see this in person. I'd been thinking about straight pipes on mine too but I wanna hear em first. The hood pins have really grown on me too! They are functional right?

Thanks, and no the hoodpins are just for looks.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:59 PM   #190
MrGood

Quote:
Originally Posted by austinjames View Post
Thanks, and no the hoodpins are just for looks.
Damn. Oh well they still look sweet. How do they attach and how much did they run ya? f you don't mind me askin of course!
Old 06-17-2012, 04:04 PM   #191
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Quote:
Damn. Oh well they still look sweet. How do they attach and how much did they run ya? f you don't mind me askin of course!

Thanks man. They were $80 and the cable part can attach anywhere under the hood u want. I just used 2 tiny screws into a tab on the inside of the bumper. and the metal plate part just sticks on the hood.

I was going to get real hoodpins that were $80 as well and drill thru the hood, but i figured since they are just for looks why go thru all of that when they will look the exact same, and the OEM hoodlatch wont fail anyways
Old 06-17-2012, 04:16 PM   #192
MrGood

Quote:
Thanks man. They were $80 and the cable part can attach anywhere under the hood u want. I just used 2 tiny screws into a tab on the inside of the bumper. and the metal plate part just sticks on the hood.

I was going to get real hoodpins that were $80 as well and drill thru the hood, but i figured since they are just for looks why go thru all of that when they will look the exact same, and the OEM hoodlatch wont fail anyways
I gotcha. I dunno how they'd look on my car. I already had a phantom grille I was watching on eBay too. Haha I'd feel like a copycat if I got it now.
Old 06-17-2012, 05:35 PM   #193
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Quote:
I gotcha. I dunno how they'd look on my car. I already had a phantom grille I was watching on eBay too. Haha I'd feel like a copycat if I got it now.
Every mod on here is a copy from someone elses nearly. Thats how u get ideas. When some one asks me about a mod or "copies" it, I feel honored and happy they like it that much.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:09 PM   #194
MrGood

Quote:
Every mod on here is a copy from someone elses nearly. Thats how u get ideas. When some one asks me about a mod or "copies" it, I feel honored and happy they like it that much.
Sweet. Great outlook! Cause I plan on giving those pins a try haha. You've got a lot of cosmetic stuff that I think is awesome once I'm done with my performance I might get into the cosmetic aspect of mine some more. As of right now for cosmetic all I've gots powder coated wheels and a bunch of vinyl and plasti dip. 350$ total lol. But damn did it do wonders IMO.

You plan on upping the performance of yours or no? Dunno if I would if I had a sick bike. Cause it still wouldn't be as fun as the bike.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:13 PM   #195
austinjames
Account Suspend...Right

Quote:
Sweet. Great outlook! Cause I plan on giving those pins a try haha. You've got a lot of cosmetic stuff that I think is awesome once I'm done with my performance I might get into the cosmetic aspect of mine some more. As of right now for cosmetic all I've gots powder coated wheels and a bunch of vinyl and plasti dip. 350$ total lol. But damn did it do wonders IMO.

You plan on upping the performance of yours or no? Dunno if I would if I had a sick bike. Cause it still wouldn't be as fun as the bike.
Ya man your car is going to be killer with that supercharger. I cant wait to see that and hear it.

And, yes im going to do a lot more performance mods once my warranty is up. I have a injen longtube CAI right now and with the t2 ports I can feel quite a difference but thats still pretty small of a HP increase., but I eventually want to get twin turbos. Just need that warranty to run its course. Thats why ive been so focused on cosmetic mods.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:25 PM   #196
MrGood

Quote:
Ya man your car is going to be killer with that supercharger. I cant wait to see that and hear it.

And, yes im going to do a lot more performance mods once my warranty is up. I have a injen longtube CAI right now and with the t2 ports I can feel quite a difference but thats still pretty small of a HP increase., but I eventually want to get twin turbos. Just need that warranty to run its course. Thats why ive been so focused on cosmetic mods.
Gotcha. Mines already at 70,000 and I got a deal I couldn't pass up so I went for it. Can't wait to see that with twins though! Tracy at Rx Performance does one hell of a job boosting these things if you aren't decided on where you eventually wanna go. Also how do you like those straight pipes?