Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 03-20-2014, 08:36 PM   #99
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novie LE View Post
Listen I don't care if the badge says Ford/Chevy/Kia/ect I will never be loyal to any car brand. If I like the car I will get it and not be biased if something else does something better.
You are a rare breed sir

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:38 PM   #100
Zerort

Drives: 2014 AGM Camaro 1LE, 2SS, RS 3/25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
I didnt read the thread...

As a happy 1LE owner......The new Mustang is no joke.

Lighter, 6 pistons stock up front, Boss 302 bits in the engine.....Respect.

-Matt
Huh?
Maybe you should read the thread. 6 pistons stock up front.
What are you talking about? The new 2015 mustang? If so, please read the thread.
Zerort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:06 PM   #101
1BLWN/LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6
The OP is stating his opinion of the 5.0 versus his newly purchased 1LE. It shows what opinions are worth. The fact of the matter is the 5.0 does absolutely nothing better then the 13/14 1LE, nothing!!
The straight line performance is such a coin flip that were talking about 1 or 2 tenths of second in favor of either car, It's called driver mod, who ever has the better one will win, plain and simple. Any review I have seen with the 2 cars 1/4 mile or 0-60 always shows the 1Le as the slight favorite. So with that said what does it do that's better? Is it the handling ? ... Is it it's rigid ride or it's sloppy shifter? Is it's awful new looks (2015)? What, please tell, still can't find one. Oh wait maybe it's the live rear axle , nope that's not it....Hmmmmmm...

Now to Mr. confused 'Novie Le' in one of your posts you stated stock 5.0's were running low 12's....by low 12's I assume you mean 12.0, 12.1, 12.2 ,12.3, or even 12.4.......In what world do you live? Was Jesus C. driving cause I am yet to see one lower then 12.5 , which I do not consider low 12's. Also you better believe if that 12.5 was doable in that 5.0 then it's 100 percent doable in the 1LE (sure it was a fluke anyways) , especially when stock 1Le's are running 12.6- 12.9 consistently...

Hey man thanks again for your opinions ....

Enjoy..........................

http://youtu.be/dtmku2Lw5es
1BLWN/LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:48 PM   #102
J-vette

Drives: '14 1le
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerort View Post
Huh?
Maybe you should read the thread. 6 pistons stock up front.
What are you talking about? The new 2015 mustang? If so, please read the thread.
The 2015 focus- er mustang will be a strong force, but it's butt ugly.
Maybe they will grow on me, but then again no.
J-vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:53 PM   #103
J-vette

Drives: '14 1le
Op thanks for your honest opinion. So what do you think of the new mustang? You traded your '12 for the 1le, what made you trade for it, reviews, heard about it, a friend had 1, what? Just asking.
J-vette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 02:20 AM   #104
Michael2000

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BLWN/LE View Post
The OP is stating his opinion of the 5.0 versus his newly purchased 1LE. It shows what opinions are worth. The fact of the matter is the 5.0 does absolutely nothing better then the 13/14 1LE, nothing!!
Then you have spent little if any time driving the Mustang. Both cars have their pluses and minuses, unless you are completely biased.

Michael
Michael2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 02:27 AM   #105
1BLWN/LE
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael2000 View Post
Then you have spent little if any time driving the Mustang. Both cars have their pluses and minuses, unless you are completely biased.

Michael
Ahhh man I give up!!
Old 03-21-2014, 06:05 AM   #106
Novie LE

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-vette View Post
Op thanks for your honest opinion. So what do you think of the new mustang? You traded your '12 for the 1le, what made you trade for it, reviews, heard about it, a friend had 1, what? Just asking.
What made me trade? Honestly I did the basic bolt ons with the mustang and it was a solid 120mph car on 93 octane. The next step was to put a supercharger on it which now required a big/little set up, drive shaft, most likely a clutch, axle tubes. Essentially about 8kish to run solid mid 10s or low 10s if I wanted to play with pully sizes. When i first got into cars at 17ish, I started with autoxing and every car I owned since then had more power than balance so everytime I took them out to autox (which was rare) they were handfuls. So I had a choice to make, build up the mustang into a highway/drag car or start fresh with something else. I have done bigger power builds in the past running big turbos and it sure was fun, but I have not got serious about autoxing since probabaly 2002-2005 (SE-R Spec V running STX). I still wanted something with decent power but it needed to handle. No disrespect to anyone here but I have always hated the new camaro (lol) and thought it was a useless overweight car. (sorry) Wife said I can do whatever I want but I had to keep it under 40k. So once I narrowed down my choices I came up with a C6 Z06 (dont really fit too good, kinda impratical), Scion/Subi (Car simply doesnt have enough power). 2008-2009 M3 (Didnt want the potential headache of it breaking as I had a BMW prior to the mustang it was in the shop alot) and lastly the STI/EVO combo. Ruled out the Sti because of the glass motor incase I want to add power. The evo I honestly considered very strongly. However, the car is pretty slow in stock form but very pratical.

So during my search for a c6 Z06 I was browsing Chevy dealerships and found this black hood looking thing. Looked it up, watched some reviews on it and finally decided to find one. Long story short, the car fit the bill. It was new, warranty, it wasnt a daily driver, it had decent power, and it handled nice.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:18 AM   #107
Novie LE

Drives: 2014 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BLWN/LE View Post
The straight line performance is such a coin flip that were talking about 1 or 2 tenths of second in favor of either car, It's called driver mod, who ever has the better one will win, plain and simple. Any review I have seen with the 2 cars 1/4 mile or 0-60 always shows the 1Le as the slight favorite. So with that said what does it do that's better? Is it the handling ? ... Is it it's rigid ride or it's sloppy shifter? Is it's awful new looks (2015)? What, please tell, still can't find one. Oh wait maybe it's the live rear axle , nope that's not it....Hmmmmmm...

Now to Mr. confused 'Novie Le' in one of your posts you stated stock 5.0's were running low 12's....by low 12's I assume you mean 12.0, 12.1, 12.2 ,12.3, or even 12.4.......In what world do you live? Was Jesus C. driving cause I am yet to see one lower then 12.5 , which I do not consider low 12's. Also you better believe if that 12.5 was doable in that 5.0 then it's 100 percent doable in the 1LE (sure it was a fluke anyways) , especially when stock 1Le's are running 12.6- 12.9 consistently...

Hey man thanks again for your opinions ....

Enjoy..........................

http://youtu.be/dtmku2Lw5es
There is so much wrong with this post it is going to give me a headache trying to correct you.

Bone stock 5.0's have gone 12.2-12.5, not just one or two. Several owners have showed this. Is it the norm? Absolutly not, they are glory runs in perfect conditions. I have not seen even one 1le go 12.6 or lower, infact the fastest time reported from owners is a 12.8 on this forum.

Do you find it odd how owners of mustangs crush the posted 12.7-12.9 magazine times over and over and over again, however NOT ONE owner of a 1le can even get the claimed 12.7 time of the magazine? I only took my camaro to a drag strip one time on a cold night and it was a waste of time due to the tires. I ran 13.1 @ 110 on my very first run ever with the car that was only a week old. The next one I spun the tires through all of second, the next one it wheel hopped so bad that I missed a shift and I went home. I will try again in 70-75 degree weather. I have thousands of 1/4 mile passes in many many cars and have always been in the "top" if not the top of a list for stock cars setting records. IMO the 1le is good for the calimed 12.7 on a glory run in perfect conditions, maybe a 12.6. My mustang went 12.64 first time out, never took it back to the track stock again. I am 99 percent sure that if i tried I would have gotten into the 12.4 range with the car with a 12.3 being the absolute best I could muster.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:23 AM   #108
Mannsiam

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS/RS 1LE
This is a good video.

Yeah Im a Chevy Guy. 11 Silverado, 12 Malibu, 14 Camaro 1LE
Mannsiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:24 AM   #109
hcsi99
Cadillac Service Manager

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1SS, 1LE, NPP, RECAROS
That video is what finally sold me on the 1LE.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:37 AM   #110
aggieguy13

Drives: 2013 SS/RS VR 1LE
But there lies the problem with the mentality of this whole thread. The 1LE was not built AT ALL for straight like speed. Just to be able to handle it's fat ass like a m3 in the corners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013 SS/RS 1LE VR-Backup System, SOLO Perforsance HF Cats, Muffler Delete, BBK Off-road X-pipe
2002 35th Aniversary SLP SS-Sold
aggieguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:49 AM   #111
1BLWN/LE
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Novie LE View Post
There is so much wrong with this post it is going to give me a headache trying to correct you.

Bone stock 5.0's have gone 12.2-12.5, not just one or two. Several owners have showed this. Is it the norm? Absolutly not, they are glory runs in perfect conditions. I have not seen even one 1le go 12.6 or lower, infact the fastest time reported from owners is a 12.8 on this forum.

Do you find it odd how owners of mustangs crush the posted 12.7-12.9 magazine times over and over and over again, however NOT ONE owner of a 1le can even get the claimed 12.7 time of the magazine? I only took my camaro to a drag strip one time on a cold night and it was a waste of time due to the tires. I ran 13.1 @ 110 on my very first run ever with the car that was only a week old. The next one I spun the tires through all of second, the next one it wheel hopped so bad that I missed a shift and I went home. I will try again in 70-75 degree weather. I have thousands of 1/4 mile passes in many many cars and have always been in the "top" if not the top of a list for stock cars setting records. IMO the 1le is good for the calimed 12.7 on a glory run in perfect conditions, maybe a 12.6. My mustang went 12.64 first time out, never took it back to the track stock again. I am 99 percent sure that if i tried I would have gotten into the 12.4 range with the car with a 12.3 being the absolute best I could muster.
I don't find it odd at all that the 5.0 might have a few runs out there in the mid twelve's on a perfect condition scenario, the fact of the matter is they have 2-3 years of being around longer. So that's translates to way more passes then the 1LE.
You still claim low 12' s with bone stock mustang's but I'm yet to find a legitimate source claiming your posts, and frankly it is just that without actual data to back it up. Please do show me some actual proof to your 12.2 claims, I would love to see it.
At the end of the day you could write what ever you want on the internet and it's held in the same regards as your opinion is. (and we know where that ranks with me)
Hey this morning I went 12.5 in my stock 2010 Dodge ram hemi ..(see how easy it is).
I think you got a lot of pipe dreams my man with you 'know you could of got a 12.4 or muster a 12.3' ...but what I think you got is a lot of B.S.

I'll stick with the actual reviews from guys who do this for living not some post that a dude is inflating cause his butt hurts that he sold his 5.0 .

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Old 03-21-2014, 07:50 AM   #112
1BLWN/LE
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannsiam View Post
This is a good video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcsi99 View Post
That video is what finally sold me on the 1LE.
+1

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk