Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

AWE Tuning

Old 01-18-2017, 04:49 PM   #1
SixgenSix

Drives: 2020 SHOCK SS 1LE
Blotchy/mottled metallic paint

Anyone notice this on their cars? Mine is especially blotchy on the bottom lip area. Noticeable where the front clip meets the hood as well. I'm going to take it in to my dealer and see what they say.
Attached Images

SixgenSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 04:52 PM   #2
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
That's pretty bad. I would definitely take that in for warranty. It's clear that whichever plant paints the bumpers had an issue.
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 05:33 PM   #3
Lashu74
Lashu74

Drives: 2017 ZL1
Man not sure if it's the way the light is hitting it but the hood looks like a completely different color then the bumper. How long have you had the car? Miles? Not only does the color look way off but the blotches look like hell! It's bad enough that dealers are doing a shitty job prepping these cars but the factory isn't giving us much to work with! Sucks man you should def take it in asap and see what the dealer has to say. I'm sure they will say that's normal but it sure as hell shouldn't be!
Lashu74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 05:50 PM   #4
SixgenSix

You have you catch it at the right angle with the right amount of light to notice. I'm glad it actually comes through in the photos. But once you notice it you will always notice it. I've had the car since September and have just under 3k miles on it. It wasn't until someone else brought it to my attention and I then compared it to other SIM Camaros. Most look about the same as mine. While others just have a different shade from bumper to the rest of car minus the blotches.
Old 01-18-2017, 06:25 PM   #5
keon718nyc

Drives: Challenger SP Shaker/Arcadia Denali
Take that back to the dealer and demand the paint be corrected. That's totally unacceptable.
keon718nyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 06:39 PM   #6
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
This seems to happen on certain silver shades… It's been reported on the Corvette site also. Definitely warranty, take it back
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 06:51 PM   #7
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hi SixgenSix,

We certainly understand your dissatisfaction and apologize for any frustration caused. Please feel free to send us a private message if we can be of any assistance. We would be happy to reach out to your dealership and provide an additional layer of support on our end.

Bret B.

GM Customer Care
Old 01-26-2017, 04:11 PM   #8
SixgenSix

Update: Finally had a opportunity to get my car to my dealership. Service advisor noticed the paint issue after moving the car into the sunlight and spoke with his boss for approval. Car is going in next week to have the front clip repainted and set me up with a loaner car.
Old 01-27-2017, 08:30 AM   #9
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Glad to hear
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote