Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 07-07-2017, 03:58 AM   #15
Camarofan93

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS & 2018 ZL1 1LE
I got a 2ss for 39
Camarofan93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 08:51 AM   #16
tsanchez18
Software Architect

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0L Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by TenSeven View Post
That $44.5 quote is a nicely-optioned 2SS money, not 1SS.

It'd be 60hp power bump. The I4T has 275hp, the V6 has 335hp.

If I remember right, the I4T puts out a touch more (10? 20? LBS) torque. Torque is fun!
The car was $36k, but it went up because of my negative equity on my car now and yes torque is fun. I've had oh shit moments when I accidentally put too much pressure on the gas pedal haha

Tell me, ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?
tsanchez18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 09:12 AM   #17
tsanchez18
Software Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDevilsG View Post
What options are on it? The price of the car is fine, you could probably get another 1k either from the trade or rebates if you negotiate between dealers and use one quote as leverage against the other.

But at the end of the day it's about how badly you want to get out of your current car and how capable you are of paying the monthly payments. I had negative equity in that range but I rolled it into a lease which washes out faster. You are going to be paying upwards of 500 a month leasing at that amount and several hundred more than that if you are buying. If you can pull the payments off more power to you otherwise stay put.

Other option is to get an 2lt v6. If you are going from a v4 to v6 it's going to probably be at least a hundred more horsepower, you are going to feel a huge difference in power and can probably save 4 or 5 grand in the process which will get a lease range of around 400 a month. That would solve your negative equity issue while getting you into a fully loaded car with leather interior and heads up display for the next couple of years.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
The monthly payments isn't a problem it's just that my trade in adds $5k to it which is a whole lot of money and the i4 still has enough power anyways.

Old 07-07-2017, 10:08 AM   #18
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsanchez18 View Post
The monthly payments isn't a problem it's just that my trade in adds $5k to it which is a whole lot of money and the i4 still has enough power anyways.
the real problem is that you are going to be upside down on this car for a very long time. This is meaningless if it's your intention to keep it until the end of the note.

The best way to do this is to wait for the right incentive package to hit, or find a red tagged car. These can help offset that negative equity situation a little bit. At that price, I'm wondering if the dealer is not adding the current incentives, or ignoring them, hoping you don't ask.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 10:12 AM   #19
TDevilsG

Drives: 2013 2LT Victory Red LFX
Quote:
Well in that case if money isn't a problem I say go for it. It is an incredible car. And I still recommend maybe leasing this one if you aren't already considering it.

TDevilsG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 10:26 AM   #20
mcintyre1969

Drives: 1968 SS/RS, 2006 H2 2016 2SS White
Walk away
Old 07-07-2017, 10:28 AM   #21
tsanchez18
Software Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
the real problem is that you are going to be upside down on this car for a very long time. This is meaningless if it's your intention to keep it until the end of the note.

The best way to do this is to wait for the right incentive package to hit, or find a red tagged car. These can help offset that negative equity situation a little bit. At that price, I'm wondering if the dealer is not adding the current incentives, or ignoring them, hoping you don't ask.
Yeah, maybe I'll wait it out a bit. There were a few incentives that I saw. I could also ask and see if they can give me some more. I'm in no rush anyways to get a new car.

Old 07-07-2017, 10:29 AM   #22
tsanchez18
Software Architect

Quote:
Well in that case if money isn't a problem I say go for it. It is an incredible car. And I still recommend maybe leasing this one if you aren't already considering it.

Yeah, test drove the manual one and it's really good! The only thing about leasing is that I would daily drive it.

Old 07-07-2017, 10:30 AM   #23
TDevilsG

Drives: 2013 2LT Victory Red LFX
Quote:
Yeah, test drove the manual one and it's really good! The only thing about leasing is that I would daily drive it.
I guess it depends on how many miles you drive daily. My commute is like 5 miles round trip nowadays so it made sense for me. I also had a large amount of negative equity and the car got too expensive when financing for my taste.

TDevilsG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 11:05 AM   #24
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
I'm stuck on them only offering $18k for your car. Unless it is bone strip, that's nuts. Sell outright, then walk in with cash in pocket or at least a clean slate from your current car and deal off the sticker, instead of folding in an upside down car.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 12:38 PM   #25
tsanchez18
Software Architect

Quote:
I guess it depends on how many miles you drive daily. My commute is like 5 miles round trip nowadays so it made sense for me. I also had a large amount of negative equity and the car got too expensive when financing for my taste.

I do 20 miles everyday and I do some road trips on weekends as well. Yeah, I feel you man. Might go for something cheaper or wait till next year.

Old 07-07-2017, 12:39 PM   #26
tsanchez18
Software Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post
I'm stuck on them only offering $18k for your car. Unless it is bone strip, that's nuts. Sell outright, then walk in with cash in pocket or at least a clean slate from your current car and deal off the sticker, instead of folding in an upside down car.
Dealer just bumped up the trade in value to $20.3, but then again I'm still adding a lot to the price of the car. Yeah, I was thinking of selling it and buy a new one that way. I have the 1LT that's why it's probably so low and one of the reasons I wanna get a better one

Old 07-07-2017, 02:09 PM   #27
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
That is really high. Not a good deal.

My bro in law got a 1ss also and got it for 41k. Still a lil high but its their money.

Getting the bug again...maybe by the end of the year.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2017, 03:05 PM   #28
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
IMHO, that's not a good deal. Just from yesterday to today they came up $2.3k on your trade and maybe there's still a little more wiggle room to come up some more...I wouldn't do anything just yet. Like others have said; that out the door figure is close to 1LE or 2SS money.
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote