Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 05-04-2018, 03:25 PM   #365
jc615
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro and Sierra
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Thanks. Both are cool each in it's own way.
jc615 It's okay, to each his/her own. The car's name is Ruby so that is what I wanted.
He said it was the hardest thing he has ever done. I'm really glad to have found someone willing to take on the challenge. Every Airbrush artist I have asked for years was not willing to try doing a faceted Ruby. It is sitting pretty in the garage curing. More pics when installed.
Not knocking you at all. Built mine for the track...just two different paths to where we both wanted to be. Still, it looks good and I'd be very happy with the results you got
jc615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 08:50 PM   #366
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Oh for sure. I did all my performance mods first. Now time to pretty her up!
Old 05-05-2018, 06:31 AM   #367
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Oh for sure. I did all my performance mods first. Now time to pretty her up!
You standing next to that camaro. Is all the pretty it needs. And yes I know your married and me to going on 44 years.
Old 05-05-2018, 11:53 AM   #368
RubyCamaro
Jan

Thanks Spike!
Old 05-06-2018, 10:42 PM   #369
RubyCamaro
Jan

Well it is FINALLY done! Hood liner along with the custom fuse box cover & ABS covers are installed. 1st a pic of the hood liner on, then I will post up before, during & after install pics.
Attached Images

Old 05-06-2018, 11:13 PM   #370
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
That looks awesome....

Congrats!

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 01:25 AM   #371
Dragonman

Drives: 2015 1LT OBE
^wut he sed!

Lookin' good Ruby. Keep it up.

Now I have another build thread to peruse.
Old 05-08-2018, 07:15 AM   #372
RubyCamaro
Jan

Thanks guys!
Old 05-20-2018, 10:18 AM   #373
RubyCamaro
Jan

First car show since the hood liner install. I forgot to get my fuse box cover out of the garage. I'm not leaving it in full time due to very slim clearance between it & the hood liner & not wanting any scratches. I expected it to be a relatively small car show but turned out pretty big with 200ish cars. Mike & I did not expect to win anything since there were not a lot of categories for our cars & there were so many great classics there. Still I managed to get a top 20 modified class plaque. Mike was cheated. A very dirty, not in good shape, nothing special 4th gen got a top 20 stock plaque & Mike's extremely clean 35th anniversary edition got nothing. The owner had talked to Mike & said he knew the guys putting on the show from his delivery job. Hummmmmm. They actually had several cool vendors & tons of great door prizes including cash prizes ($100 bills), great gift certificates & a huge tool box worth like $900. Very cool trophies too. Here are a few pics. I put more pics of other cars at the show in the pics section:

https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showt...5#post10191505
Attached Images

Last edited by RubyCamaro; 05-20-2018 at 11:29 AM.
RubyCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2018, 12:17 PM   #374
RubyCamaro
Jan

Did me a little drag racing Saturday. I beat a Vette! It was the first round of eliminations in our club Bracket racing event. He barely crossed the line ahead of me but he red lighted so either way you look at it, I would have won. I was learning to use the new inside the car mount for the GoPro. I hate the wind noise on outside mounts & did not want to mount it to my tint so this mount attaches to the head rest bar. Forgot to turn it off though. Just too much to think about. I had my best reaction time on this run but red lighted & was eliminated the next run. Great fun though. I'll add a few pics too.

Attached Images

Old 07-21-2018, 11:04 PM   #375
RubyCamaro
Jan

CamaroFest VIII was a blast. I already posted up a lot of pics elsewhere so just a few here & the videos.

Attached Images

Old 05-14-2020, 04:37 PM   #376
Kevzag

Drives: 2013 Camaro Convertible LT V6
W/W relocation and intake scoop

You have a beautiful car!
I am fairly new on the forum and with camaros
I have a 2013 Convertible LT1 V6 Auto.
I put in a Spectre cai znd tb spacer. Ordered a Roto fab w/w relocate and an air scoop.
It looks nearly impossible to squeeze those in and around the cai box. Do you have pics showing how you did yours?

2013 LT Convertible V6, Spectre CAI,TB Spacer, Performance Chip, Jet MAF, Pedal Commander, MF exhaust
Kevzag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2021, 10:41 AM   #377
RubyCamaro
Jan

Well, this will be the final post to the thread of the legendary Ruby. I have so loved this car & so enjoyed the journey she has taken me on. I have met so many wonderful friends, learned about modifying & customizing cars, learned how to maintain & detail cars correctly, learned to race & show cars & had an absolute blast. But things are changing. I am getting older & no longer feel confident in myself racing. My back issues have made taking care of the washing & detailing beyond my ability without suffering for it for days or weeks. I need something more practical that I don't have to worry about clearance in parking lots, with potholes or on rough roads. A car I can drive into my golden years. It has been an extremely difficult choice. I thought I'd keep this car forever. But the current times have led to an environment when I can get more $ for her in a trade-in than I ever imagined. Ruby is getting to the age where there will be expensive repairs to be done like timing chain. I need something I can rely on & not worry about what could go wrong next. I really wanted a GM product but with both my husband & I retired, getting an SUV with all the bells & whistles I wanted, was just cost prohibitive. I will be getting a Mazda CX-5 Grand Touring all wheel drive in Metallic red with parchment interior.

This car has changed me in ways I could not have imagined. It has been my therapist, my friend, my motivator & my joy. We still have 2 Camaros in the driveway & I still have my Nissan 370Z so the fun continues & I will still be hanging around here. Thank you so very much to everyone here who has so patiently & kindly taught me all I have learned along the way. Without you & this forum, truly nothing in this thread & all the fun I have had would never have been possible.

I will be selling the custom painted hood liner. It is for pick-up only. I will post a pic here & there are more posted in the thread above. $1000 firm. Fuse box cover thrown in too.
Attached Images

Old 12-30-2021, 10:28 PM   #378
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Ruby is a fine car. You'll have your memories. Enjoy retirement!

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rubycamaro