Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 01-08-2014, 04:39 PM   #15
Joe@TuneTime
Sales@TuneTimePerformance

Drives: Camaro SS
If we had charged the 7% tax nobody would have an issue. But bec we are being honest about what each charge is for we get flamed? Everybody has different charges for cash vs credit card.
Joe@TuneTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 05:35 PM   #16
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Tune Time review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe@TuneTime View Post
If we had charged the 7% tax nobody would have an issue. But bec we are being honest about what each charge is for we get flamed? Everybody has different charges for cash vs credit card.

Sorry but I do credit for a living so these fees drive me nuts. I am curious though as to how you can collect less then the NJ tax rate? Does NJ allow this when collecting the CC fee? If so then I can certainly understand why a business would bill this way.

Sent from my AGM, 2SS/RS
Old 01-08-2014, 06:04 PM   #17
Joe@TuneTime

Our shop is in an industrial park which is considered an urban enterprise zone which enables us to charge only 3.5% instead of the 7.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:05 PM   #18
nyrfan
Let's go Rangers!

Drives: 13' AGM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Our shop is in an industrial park which is considered an urban enterprise zone which enables us to charge only 3.5% instead of the 7.

Interesting, thanks for explanation as I was honestly curious on that.

Sent from my AGM, 2SS/RS
Old 01-09-2014, 06:04 PM   #19
StreetSS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Quote:
Just expressing my opinion on fees, that's all. They always seem to show up without prior notice. Not sure you should be posting the ops signature.
StreetSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 07:28 PM   #20
Joe@TuneTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSS View Post
Just expressing my opinion on fees, that's all. They always seem to show up without prior notice. Not sure you should be posting the ops signature.
Deleted the picture as the point was made. As for fees showing up with no notice, we have a large sign in the office that explains the credit card processing fee. Many customers will choose to pay by cash or a debit card to avoid the fee after seeing either the sign or the invoice. Lots of people realize though, that with the 3.5% card fee and only 3.5% tax it's as if you are only paying the standard 7% sales tax in NJ.
Old 01-10-2014, 06:21 AM   #21
2011ss/rs

Drives: 11 ss/rs RJT w/Black Cherry stripes
Send a message via AIM to 2011ss/rs

I will be paying Tune Time with dollar bills, I was going to the bar with the dollars but I decided I will get something else with my cash.
Old 03-18-2014, 03:56 PM   #22
Blackdevil77

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8 GT, Shelby GT500
I'm confused, there are 2 Tune Time Performances in New Jersey? One is owned by a guy named Matt and it's in Toms River, correct? Or is this the same place and they just moved?
Blackdevil77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:06 PM   #23
Craig B

Drives: 2013 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdevil77 View Post
I'm confused, there are 2 Tune Time Performances in New Jersey? One is owned by a guy named Matt and it's in Toms River, correct? Or is this the same place and they just moved?
They moved to Lakewood, NJ
Craig B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 12:12 AM   #24
B-_-RAD
Banned

Drives: ...
Quote:
Chris,

Don't know how I missed this but I'll do my best to respond now.

First off I want to apologize if the staff came off as being in a bad mood and you did not feel welcome. I don't understand how that happened or why, I'm sure many of our customers and even non customers can tell you how we are nothing like that.

Now, you were unhappy with the dyno numbers your car put down and decided to go somewhere else and have it re tuned, I understand no hard feelings. A dyno is a tool, nothing more and nothing less. Unfortunately ours is a stingy tool, the numbers your car put down are in line with what it should. Why another similarly modded car made a bit more on our dyno could be due to any number of things, weather plays a part in things as well. I'd be glad to strap your car down to our dyno and see what it puts down on your current tune. Also if you had a concern about the way the car felt all you had to do was notify us and we would adjust it at no charge at all until you were satisfied.

The issue I have, is you saying we screwed you over.

Everything was written down and documented, you were shown the bill before any work was performed. The dyno tune cost is 550, we let you know there was an hour diagnostic/shakedown charge as well, since there were mods installed that we did not install. We always go over a car and smoke test it for leaks prior to letting it go on the dyno to avoid any issues, not to mention strapping and then unstrapping a car is a giant waste.

My tech came back and notified us that you had a stock thermostat as well as non optimal spark plugs installed, he recommended we install a 160 stat and a set of NGK TR-55's.

An estimate was written up and shown to you prior to anything happening, you signed the work order and let us know to proceed.

My techs work ticket...

The signed work order by you to proceed..

(Pic deleted for privacy)

Again I apologize for you feeling unwelcome and that the wait was longer than expected, I honestly do not remember what was going on in the shop that day to cause the delay. I hope you understand where I'm coming from, I understand you were not happy with the power it made but we have never and will never screw anybody over on a bill. If there is anything else I can do for you give me a call anytime at the shop.

Hope you can make it out to our Open House & Car Show in April, your car is definitely a good looking ride and I hope to see it there.

Joe
How much is your shop labor rate per hour?
B-_-RAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 08:48 AM   #25
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Supercharged
Just to be fair spark plugs are a pain in the ass to install depending how much stuff you have in the way of spark plugs. I have multiple hoses in the way that left little to no room on drivers side. Took me 2.5hrs to install, then again it was my first time installing on my car.

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
lbheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:51 PM   #26
Blue17CamaroZL1
650HP soon to come

Drives: 2017 Chevy Camaro ZL1
Figuring this was a good place to post this since it was done at the Tune Time show today.

I'm just disappointed at the results of my dyno from todays event.

Here are my stock numbers from ECS, 336 HP and 372 TQ:

According to Tune Time's dyno, I gained 66 HP and LOST 7 TQ, for 402 HP and 365 HP:

The ECS dyno was stock with a K&N cold air intake. The Tune Time dyno was cam, headers, high flow cats, cat back exhaust, stall convertor and tune.

Maybe someone can shed some light????

Blue17CamaroZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 06:58 PM   #27
Craig B

Drives: 2013 1LE
Two different dyno's. Really can't compare the 2. I think Tune time is a Mustang and ECS is a Dynapac.
Craig B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 10:10 AM   #28
2011ss/rs

Drives: 11 ss/rs RJT w/Black Cherry stripes
Send a message via AIM to 2011ss/rs
Blue when you pulled into the lot that thing sounded pretty damn strong. You have a 66 horsepower total gain that is about where I am at.
I started with the LS3 with a CAI, Long tubes and 3 inch catless system, tune and hit 430 hp at last Aprils Open House. Tune Time installed a Comp Cam setup with underdrive pulley,160 thermostat and a new tune and now I am the 490 range.

Hope you had a good time at the show.