Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-24-2014, 08:46 PM   #1
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
picked up a new toy (early christmas presant)

My safety bonus came early and I blew most of it on this. 2012 Ctsv wagon, Still have the camaro but to be honest its not fast enough for me (even after the full bolt ons and cam). With the 6th gen arriving next year Im going to probably sell it before they hit the ground and ours tank in resale value.

Plans are for full long tunbe catless headers and x pipe, exhaust, cold air intake, ported snout, upper and lower pulleys, and a tune. Going under the knife next Monday for all of that stuff so I can see what its like. For being bone stock its quicker than my ss sits modded and is more comfortable. I'm still having to adjust to a boring ass automatic (sucks) but the manuals are very hard to find. All in all its a fun car tho

mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:02 PM   #2
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
AWESOME. I had a chance to drive one of those for a week. LOVED IT.

I was up against a guy in a vette one evening. No racing for me on Woodward. One can get in serious trouble doing that (LOL). But we did have a little fun from light to light. His first comment to me at the next light when he caught up, was, "they make that in a WAGON". My response was, "they sure do". He was not happy, his reply was, "well F@$& ME." When the light went green, I let him roll out, I reeled him in quickly and then shut it down. Good thing too, as a car came up quickly behind him, turns out it was a police officer. I knew this when the red and blue lights came on flashing and pulled him over. I laughed for a very long time, my wife did not think it was funny, but I tried to explain to her that a vette will always get pulled over when racing on Woodward, especially against a WAGON.......LOL

ENJOY your new ride, you have a GREAT SLEEPER.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:05 PM   #3
Jeff_SS
"Cam Only"

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
If that's faster than your SS and the V is stock, you must have a shitty build/tune on your SS.
2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS M6 | LSA Blower, 2.5" pulley, 10% lower, FIC1000's, Fore Innovations Twin Pump fuel system w/ Flex Fuel, CMS Custom Grind Cam, Kooks 1 7/8" headers w/ catless off-road pipes, NPP Exhaust, 3.91's, JLT ZL1 Intake, Prospeed Heat Exchanger | Pfadt Suspension, 1LE Sway Bars | DSS 1000hp axles |
Tuned by Ryne @ CMS E85: 734rwhp/636rwtq (mustang dyno)
Jeff_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2014, 09:29 PM   #4
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtcat600man View Post
AWESOME. I had a chance to drive one of those for a week. LOVED IT.

I was up against a guy in a vette one evening. No racing for me on Woodward. One can get in serious trouble doing that (LOL). But we did have a little fun from light to light. His first comment to me at the next light when he caught up, was, "they make that in a WAGON". My response was, "they sure do". He was not happy, his reply was, "well F@$& ME." When the light went green, I let him roll out, I reeled him in quickly and then shut it down. Good thing too, as a car came up quickly behind him, turns out it was a police officer. I knew this when the red and blue lights came on flashing and pulled him over. I laughed for a very long time, my wife did not think it was funny, but I tried to explain to her that a vette will always get pulled over when racing on Woodward, especially against a WAGON.......LOL

ENJOY your new ride, you have a GREAT SLEEPER.
Thanks man appreciate it.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:31 PM   #5
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_SS View Post
If that's faster than your SS and the V is stock, you must have a shitty build/tune on your SS.
No sir, my ss is putting out 478 to the rear, 422 torque but is not as fast as the stock V. The V is a faster car overall, my build is stout for what it is.
Old 11-25-2014, 12:03 AM   #6
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
Wow those are some decent #'s. Well I can say my previous SS did feel a bit sluggish. Felt very stiff. Think I prefer how the jeep feels. Specially when I throw it in Sport mode.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 12:24 AM   #7
rebelyell22

Drives: 2011 SIM 2SS/RS LS3
Is your employer hiring? lol
Old 11-25-2014, 12:29 AM   #8
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
My safety bonus came early and I blew most of it on this. 2012 Ctsv wagon, Still have the camaro but to be honest its not fast enough for me (even after the full bolt ons and cam). With the 6th gen arriving next year Im going to probably sell it before they hit the ground and ours tank in resale value.

Plans are for full long tunbe catless headers and x pipe, exhaust, cold air intake, ported snout, upper and lower pulleys, and a tune. Going under the knife next Monday for all of that stuff so I can see what its like. For being bone stock its quicker than my ss sits modded and is more comfortable. I'm still having to adjust to a boring ass automatic (sucks) but the manuals are very hard to find. All in all its a fun car tho

well we'll see you in a 15 mustang! Lol... And why the wagon?
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 12:59 AM   #9
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
The V wagons and sedans are pretty cool to me not the coupe though.
Blue,white or even black would be mine if I get one next year.
Old 11-25-2014, 01:57 AM   #10
Eddiefuzz

Drives: 2011 RS
$75,000.00 Safety Bonus!!! Congrats! I thought mine was nice $.60 an hour, which with all of the hours that I work, works out to about $1600. I might buy an R/C car...LOL HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!
Eddiefuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 06:39 AM   #11
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Thanks again guys. Yea I did look at the coupes but they just did not do it for me. I chose the wagon for the rarity factor plus I wanted something different. Here in Houston you see 5th gens (ss's, v6's, all) nearly every corner. I really wanted a 6 speed manual wagon (v) but there was only 1 in Arizona and it was black (not again) and also out of my range.

I wont get into my personal finances but I'm not rolling in dough by any means necessary lol. I work in the oilfeild and sacrifice a social life averaging 85-100+ hours a week with 2 days off every 2-3 weeks, money is decent but it sucks and I wont be here forever. I also was also blessed with hard working very well to do parents who left me sitting pretty comfy. The bitter side to that is by 18 I had lost both my biological parents (I'm 29 now). Btw the car is used with 38k miles (nowhere near 70k), but yes its paid for in full.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:49 AM   #12
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
well we'll see you in a 15 mustang! Lol... And why the wagon?
Lol Q's, naw the 15 Mustang is actually slower than the 13/14 coyote. It would be a dead even tie therefore with a current 5th gen and with no sunroof option makes it a no go for me as I like my 5th gen better. Again I think the wagons are sick bc of the rarity factor and the overall look, sucks its an auto but I will live (or change it to M6 next year) lol. I have no brand loyalty and did look at a 13 gt500 honestly but it was too far out of my reach.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:53 PM   #13
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
Lol Q's, naw the 15 Mustang is actually slower than the 13/14 coyote. It would be a dead even tie therefore with a current 5th gen and with no sunroof option makes it a no go for me as I like my 5th gen better. Again I think the wagons are sick bc of the rarity factor and the overall look, sucks its an auto but I will live (or change it to M6 next year) lol. I have no brand loyalty and did look at a 13 gt500 honestly but it was too far out of my reach.
Oh , ok! I do love the coupe because like the wagon it's nothing like it neither! But yea , I was just saying mustang because you said that you'll be getting rid of your Camaro! So I had to be funny because I seriously wouldn't pick a mustang over a Challenger neither! And I like the 13-14 mustang's too ! But not over the 5th Gen or Challenger because these two are big and mean looking on the road !
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 07:01 PM   #14
Gee
Silver Ice

Drives: 2011 1LT Coupe SIM
Sweet wagon!
Gee is offline   Reply With Quote