Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 06-26-2018, 01:53 PM   #1
clrkmr

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary
Accident Questions

Got rear ended today on the freeway. Damage all looks easily fixable, but had a few questions. I can see bumper and exhaust damage (pipes bent about middle of car, brackets, etc...). It looks like other car went under my car.

Is there anything else I should be asking the adjuster to look at when they look at the car?

Can I insist on the dealership working on the car?

I recently had the exhaust system replaced due to a rattle from the AF valves and have had the NPP valvue TSB applied to the car. From where the damage is (see pictures) are the AFV in this area or they closer to the engine and will they just cut the pipes and replace the pipes? Or should I insist on the entire thing being replaced again?

Will they apply a TSB if they replace the exhaust?
Attached Images

clrkmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 02:18 PM   #2
HackSaw

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
If it was me, Since OEM exhaust is one piece from the 2nd cats back Id want it replaced that way.
HackSaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 02:25 PM   #3
nicktechla

Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
You can insist on having it repaired wherever you want. I just had mine done and took it to the dealership of my choice.
-- Past --
2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe - Red Hot - A10, PDR - HRE P101
2015 Mustang GT PP - Whipple Supercharger
nicktechla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 02:29 PM   #4
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
if the exhaust was pushed in, I would get everything up to the intake manifold checked. The full catback, cats, resonators and even the headers.
Old 06-26-2018, 02:46 PM   #5
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
I doubt they'd attempt to splice the exhaust. If it's all one piece, then they should put it back the way it was. I know the wreck looks bad, but it appears most of the damage is the rear bumper, bumper cover, and the exhaust. Fortunately, it doesn't appear to have gotten the truck or the rear quarter. Glad you're ok.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 02:53 PM   #6
clrkmr

Yes, both myself and the other driver are OK.

I believe the car hit the bumper and went under mine. I do not see any damage on the trunk or rear quarter panels.

I will am going to use my dealership and have them check everything as stated above.

Thanks for the input.
Old 06-26-2018, 03:02 PM   #7
Skyset

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Coupe
Damn...sorry for your car. Even that other car, Integras are getting rare..that car is done
Skyset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 03:08 PM   #8
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Vtec kicked in YO!
Old 06-26-2018, 03:13 PM   #9
marcgo2

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS Hyper Blue
Depending on how bad it is make sure you file a diminished value claim.
Old 06-26-2018, 03:54 PM   #10
danbrew

Drives: 18 2SS A8
As somebody else said, your insurance gives you the right to take it wherever you want. The other guy's insurance company may very well tell you, "take it to our independent shop for an evaluation"... ah, yeah, screw that. Why would I do that? I take it to my dealer/shop. Somebody I know and trust will tell me what's what. And then my insurance will pay for it and I'll pay my deductible. My insurance company will then subrogate the claim to the other insurance company and/or individual. I could care less if my insurance company is made whole.

The #1 job of the insurance adjuster for the other guy is to minimize your damages. This is why you have insurance. Use it.
danbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 04:07 PM   #11
FH212

Drives: 2021 Camaro SS 1LE
Auto insurance is designed to repair your car to the way it was prior to the accident happening. So demand that happens and you will be fine.
2001 Mecham Trans Am #3 - 7.0L LS1
FH212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 04:08 PM   #12
HackSaw

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS
The last time i got hit My insurance offered to do that
HackSaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 05:11 PM   #13
Sev

Drives: 2016 2SS / 2004 Tacoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by danbrew View Post
As somebody else said, your insurance gives you the right to take it wherever you want. The other guy's insurance company may very well tell you, "take it to our independent shop for an evaluation"... ah, yeah, screw that. Why would I do that? I take it to my dealer/shop. Somebody I know and trust will tell me what's what. And then my insurance will pay for it and I'll pay my deductible. My insurance company will then subrogate the claim to the other insurance company and/or individual. I could care less if my insurance company is made whole.

The #1 job of the insurance adjuster for the other guy is to minimize your damages. This is why you have insurance. Use it.
^^^This. Also, when you call your insurance company, make sure they record the "interview". When the other company calls you, direct them to call your agent, refuse to answer their questions regarding to the accident, and tell them you already answered the questions with your insurance agent. This keeps your side of the story straight.

"I'm going to drink you pretty, beautiful toad"
Sev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 10:51 PM   #14
clrkmr

Thanks for all the input. I did call my insurance company earlier today and they said they could handle it but since it was such a straight forward rear end collision to just call the other guys insurance and I wouldn't have to deal with the deductible (high as this is a company car on company insurance). I haven't heard from the adjuster yet, but first thing I will tell him is that the car is going to the the Chevy dealership. That they are the only ones I let touch the car. If he has a problem, we will just end the discuss and I will call my insurance and go that route. Again thanks for the input.