Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 01-18-2013, 08:25 PM   #1
NovaDaddy
Nova Daddy

Drives: 2012 Cummins/1972 Nova 2 door coupe
Canadian dealers!!!!

So I went to one of my local dealers today to price out a 2SS RS 1LE

Options: Sunroof, NPP exhaust, navigation

MSRP $52350!!!

On the same screen it shows their invoice of $48670. I asked him what about this price? No comment. So I pulled out the pricing from the US site which is about $9500 cheaper. Told him I'd be shopping in the US if he doesn't get closer to the US cost! Where does GM get off charging so much more up here in Canada?!? I can understand maybe $2000 more since our buying population is so much less but $9500 is ridiculous!!!!
NovaDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:50 AM   #2
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo

Drives: Crystal Red 2SS 1LE
That is ridiculous and very unfair.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:24 AM   #3
Christok

Drives: 2011 v6 auto
One thing to check out before buying in the US is the Warranty. I was going to buy in the US and contacted GM to see if the Warranty would be repected in Canada. They said the car had to be six months old before they would do any work under warranty. they also said that any car bought in the US would have to have the gauges ie speedometer changed to reflect KPH however with the camaro you just have to set the computer to metric so no problem. Another advantage of buying in the US would be that when you bring it across the border and have to pay your fedral sales tax you get the $800 taken off if you have been in the US for 48 hours or more before they calculate wht you owe in tax You will however have to pay an RIV fee (around $250)and you will have to send proof that all recalls have been completed on the vehicle to RIV and will have to get an RIV inspection done as well. It is a bit of paperwork but not too much of a hassle. (RIV= registry of imported vehicles)
Old 01-19-2013, 10:16 AM   #4
scubadoo7
Airborne Recondo

Drives: Crystal Red 2SS 1LE
Oh, one more to thing to consider, is if you pay cash (not finance) you will be asked to sign a "domestic use of vehicle statement", which says you will not be exporting car to another country. For continental U.S. only. I believe this prevents people from making profits on the vehicle in more expensive countries. However you circumvent the issues, I wish you good luck, as the 1LE is an awesome package deal.