Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 01-14-2009, 11:36 PM   #57
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Wow... I never noticed the speakers in the stang... damn that's hideous.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:53 PM   #58
fad1

Drives: Future 5th gen Camaro
It's alright guys, just go see for your self. Dont let one mans opinion shoot your hopes down. What if it was a biased opinion ? I was told the interior of the Camaro was going to be the same as the Impala, and when I sat in the Impala, I liked it quite a bit. So just be patient to sit in the Camaro and you personally can decide your decisions about the interior.
fad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:53 PM   #59
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
hmmmm

I gonna be honest, I love the camaro but leather interior on the SS sucks.....ass yeah I said it..., I'll take the cloth interior anyday and those SS seats look like they suck compared to the SRT bucket seats

Here:

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 12:03 AM   #60
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
the seats in the challenger are great...and the leather is superb
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 12:08 AM   #61
SIK07GTSTANG
Team Fordpower

Drives: 2007 Mustang GT
I've been in both an 09 Challenger and my 07 GT (obviously) and I've got to say, the interior of my Mustang is far superior to that of the Challenger. Can't say much about the Camaro considering I've only seen pics; but in comparison, I think they're right about the 2010 Mustang's interior being better than the Camaro's.
SIK07GTSTANG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 03:19 AM   #62
kanakattack

Drives: wife's xterra
I've sat in the new Mustang in the LA car show and was not impressed. The interior in my opinion was kind of bland and lots of flat plastic surfaces. The ergonomics didn't fit me. Ergonomics is one thing that I really think Japanese manufactures on average have done quicker and better than U.S. car makers, although some of the more recent higher end U.S. models have been absolutely great in that department. The seat in the Mustang was uncomfortable for me, thin feeling, with very little support in the hip and side areas. The SRT8's seats, all of them Charger, Challenger, 300 and Grand Cherokee was very comfortable. Those seats hugged me but gave enough outlet by the shoulders that it didn't seem suffocating. I think that seat comfort is hugely determined by body size and proportions. I hope that the Camaro's seats lean more toward the SRT8's than the Mustang. Have to hand it to the Chrysler/Dodge people on those seats, just hope GM will go toe to toe with them on that as well as other aspects of the interior. By the pictures shown of the Camaro interior I think it will feel better than the Mustang's but only a production model open for testing will answer that.
kanakattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 05:16 AM   #63
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS white rally
ehhh -- whatever.

Camaro Interior:

Mustang Interior:

ALTHOUGH, I sure would like to have to SS badges back in the dash -- ARE YOU LISTENING GM ????????????
FirstLSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 05:24 AM   #64
Punk_rider

Drives: VW Typ 166 + Black 1LE
agree with autoblog. plastics (especially gauges and tachometer plastics) look really cheap. The concept looked way better inside (outside too but ...)

but saying mustang does better .. to the extend of what i've seen, the mustang interior is the most boring one i've ever seen. Even VW Golf are sexy compared to the mustang
Old 01-15-2009, 07:33 AM   #65
35th02ss

Drives: 02 SS
That has to be one hellva interior. I can't really tell you who has the better one, not seen a new stang yet to compare. I would be willing to bet that Camaro has it.
35th02ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 07:46 AM   #66
Beau Tie

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2007 Camry
Send a message via AIM to Beau Tie
I have to give props to the Mustang in at least two areas. I like the font on the tach/speedo, and I like the chrome trimmed pedals. Those do look nice.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:11 AM   #67
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
The only reason they say that is because it has a freaking nav screen in the console.
Doesn't the new Mustang use real aluminum accents and not painted silver plastic like the Camaro? I for one love the interior design of the Camaro, but it would be nice if they used quality materials like the new Mustang as I think it would go a long way
Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:22 AM   #68
BigZAJ

Drives: 2007 Z06 Black
I think one of the biggest reasons the mustang interior trumps the camaro is ... and flame me ... the technology package(s) offered by ford in the mustang. The Nav with traffic and ipod interface (not just aux jack or usb jack), weather, etc and HVAC controls are what a car 10 years in to the 21st century should have.

The radio/cd and hvac in the camaro are very outdated and that has an affect on the perceived QUALITY of the interior.
BigZAJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:49 AM   #69
eggydoo

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
the dash on the mustang interior does look a little classier.
But the seats on the camaro look better.
eggydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:49 AM   #70
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigZAJ View Post
I think one of the biggest reasons the mustang interior trumps the camaro is ... and flame me ... the technology package(s) offered by ford in the mustang. The Nav with traffic and ipod interface (not just aux jack or usb jack), weather, etc and HVAC controls are what a car 10 years in to the 21st century should have.

The radio/cd and hvac in the camaro are very outdated and that has an affect on the perceived QUALITY of the interior.
You need to look at the functionality in the Camaro Radio. If you get the connectivity package you have bluetooth, etc.

Also, if you haven't used OnStar Turn by Turn, you are missing out. Other than seeing a picture it is the greatest way to get around. Push a button, no stopping to enter an address. The Camaro has a lot of tech, it's just burierd in the retro styled I/P.

Tags
camaro, camaro vs mustang, cobra, faster, mods, mustang, race