Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-08-2018, 07:40 PM   #1
homermacleod

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS Blue Velvet Metallic
Problems with PAC kit

Hello All,

For those of you that have the pac kit, have any of you had problems with the ac controls?

After installing the kit, I could not get the recirculate and the rear defrost buttons to work. I contacted PAC tech support and initially, the tech I spoke with said he had never heard of this before. After a few about 15 - 20 minutes of having me check the firmware, etc, he looked at the tickets and found that there were some other reports of the same issue. After a while, he said he would send me a circuit board and face plate. He also stated that he would test it before sending it out to me.

After two weeks, I received a replacement face plate and circuit board. The face plate had a defect in it and a sticker attached to it that said paint flaw. I went ahead and installed it anyways. After installation, the buttons worked, however, one of the leds for the heated seats would not work. Again, I contacted tech support and the tech told me that he sent me a part that was returned by another customer because of the paint flaw. At this point, he said that they did not have another part to send out to me, so I would have to contact the company that I purchased the part from.

The solution provided by the company was that I would have to pay shipping to return the defective part to them. After they received the part, I got an email from them with an invoice saying I had to pay for shipping for the replacement part. I then contacted PAC customer service to see if they could help me out. The answer was no. I would have to go ahead and eat the shipping ($50+ for round trip shipping) even though their product was defective.

Although I did not agree with it, I went ahead and paid for the shipping just so I could finish the install and be done with this. The new part arrived and that does not work either. The rear defrost will not come on at all and the recirculate only works if I push it hard.
Flowmaster Outlaw Catback | CAI Intake | Skip Shift Eliminator | Hill Start Assist Disable | Factory Short Throw Shifter |GM Strut Tower Brace | Bo White Ported Throttle Body | Elite Engineering E2 Catch Can |PAC RPK-GM4101 | Kenwood DDX6904S | JL C2650; C2650X; 10W1 (2); XD400/4 | Fosgate P500X2
homermacleod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 09:03 AM   #2
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
https://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=466017
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote