Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 02-21-2013, 09:26 AM   #71
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
My Dad searched everywhere around home (Pittsburgh) for months before finding one at $500 below sticker in Indiana. All the dealers near him wanted $5,000-$10,000 over sticker and they told him he would NOT find one below that. He said, "Watch me!". A couple weeks after he picked it up, he needed to stop at the dealer for something for his Silverado. He pulled into the dealer lot and parked it right in front of the showroom. Seconds later, all the salesmen came clammering out like bees around a hive to see the Mighty ZL1. He said, "Remember when you told me I couldn't find one for sticker? This one was $500 under sticker.". They all just stood there speechless, gocking at the car in amazement. Bunch of jokers!

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".
DRKS1D3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:38 PM   #72
z28-conv

Drives: '97 z-28 conv. 2013 BRM ZL1 conv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavorwrench View Post
My cousin from out of town was visiting the other day and has never heard of a ZL1. I asked him if he wanted to go for a ride and he hesitantly said "Yeah sure??" About the halfway point of our ride I floored it from a roll in 2nd gear and ole cousin "Nancy" started freaking as slammed 3rd gear. As the ZL1 slowed to a legal speed, out of his mouth comes "I hope this thing has heated seats, if not, I might have just shit my pants!" -CLASSIC

I am LMAO no pun intended That was a funny story. Thanks for sharing.
z28-conv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:42 PM   #73
z28-conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRKS1D3 View Post
My Dad searched everywhere around home (Pittsburgh) for months before finding one at $500 below sticker in Indiana. All the dealers near him wanted $5,000-$10,000 over sticker and they told him he would NOT find one below that. He said, "Watch me!". A couple weeks after he picked it up, he needed to stop at the dealer for something for his Silverado. He pulled into the dealer lot and parked it right in front of the showroom. Seconds later, all the salesmen came clammering out like bees around a hive to see the Mighty ZL1. He said, "Remember when you told me I couldn't find one for sticker? This one was $500 under sticker.". They all just stood there speechless, gocking at the car in amazement. Bunch of jokers!

That will teach them.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:25 PM   #74
ernie scar

Drives: Chevy/Dodge/Ford
DRKS1D3 original post

Its dealers like this that drives me bananas. The salesman (I have known this guy for years) at the dealership where I ordered the car says to me, that there isn’t any discounts on this car when you put your order in for it; but I will try and see if there is any discounts and get you the best deal possible.

I told him I am just happy to be able to put an order in for the car and get it at MSRP.

This markup crap seems to happen all the time when cars like this first come out. I’m glad your old man went somewhere else to get his car.

I wish I could have been there to see the look on their faces when he pulled up with his car.

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!

One last thing about my salesman, when I finally get my car and if he sees it around town; he wants to be the one to say I sold that car to that guy.

Thumbs up to your old man.

Last edited by ernie scar; 02-21-2013 at 08:28 PM. Reason: add in the quote
ernie scar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 08:59 PM   #75
phantom
phantom

Drives: 2012 ZL1 CRT 6M
Second week I owned the car I was driving north on HWY 45 in Vilas County Wi on my way to our lake rental property. Headed in the opposite direction is a Roush Pony. Of course the Roush must get a better look at the new Alpha in town. I catch his u turn in the rear view and touch my brakes to engage. Soon the Roush is breathing hard on my exhaust. About that time my turn to the rental appears, time for the stickies and magnetic suspension to shine, quick downshift to 3rd for power puts me in a position for a never tried before 45 mph 80 degree turn. With no problem I'm around the curve powering past cottages. The Roush slides into the turn, on to the gravel shoulder and tries to recover. By then I'm gone handling one turn after another like I'm diving a 4200 lb go-cart. So I back into a drive way and wait. In moments a very zealous Roush goes flying by attempting to catch me. So, why not, I wheel out and head after the run away pony. In seconds I'm on his butt. He tries to escape but the Roush can't power in the curves. So he finally pulls over, I join him at the road side. He can't believe the look, stance, power and handling. Great time, and one proud muscle car owner!
phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:23 PM   #76
DrkPhx

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 / 2006 TB SS
The ZL1 is definitely an attention grabber. I was filling up after one of my late night runs and an older gentlemen from the next pump walks over and asks "Is that the one with the big kahuna?" I smile and say "Yes it is". Him: "That's the Corvette motor, right? Me: "No, it's actually from the CTS-V but rated at 580 hp." Him: "580 hp, huh? I bet you piss off a lot of those Corvette owners!" and laughs. Me: "Yes, I do." Him: "Nice car son, I was filling up and heard you pull in and had to take a look." I tell him thanks and just happen to look over to the window by the cashier and he's taking pics with his cell phone. Lol.
DrkPhx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:43 PM   #77
z28-conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom View Post
Second week I owned the car I was driving north on HWY 45 in Vilas County Wi on my way to our lake rental property. Headed in the opposite direction is a Roush Pony. Of course the Roush must get a better look at the new Alpha in town. I catch his u turn in the rear view and touch my brakes to engage. Soon the Roush is breathing hard on my exhaust. About that time my turn to the rental appears, time for the stickies and magnetic suspension to shine, quick downshift to 3rd for power puts me in a position for a never tried before 45 mph 80 degree turn. With no problem I'm around the curve powering past cottages. The Roush slides into the turn, on to the gravel shoulder and tries to recover. By then I'm gone handling one turn after another like I'm diving a 4200 lb go-cart. So I back into a drive way and wait. In moments a very zealous Roush goes flying by attempting to catch me. So, why not, I wheel out and head after the run away pony. In seconds I'm on his butt. He tries to escape but the Roush can't power in the curves. So he finally pulls over, I join him at the road side. He can't believe the look, stance, power and handling. Great time, and one proud muscle car owner!

Awesome!!!!!
Old 02-21-2013, 09:45 PM   #78
z28-conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkPhx View Post
The ZL1 is definitely an attention grabber. I was filling up after one of my late night runs and an older gentlemen from the next pump walks over and asks "Is that the one with the big kahuna?" I smile and say "Yes it is". Him: "That's the Corvette motor, right? Me: "No, it's actually from the CTS-V but rated at 580 hp." Him: "580 hp, huh? I bet you piss off a lot of those Corvette owners!" and laughs. Me: "Yes, I do." Him: "Nice car son, I was filling up and heard you pull in and had to take a look." I tell him thanks and just happen to look over to the window by the cashier and he's taking pics with his cell phone. Lol.

Nice!!!
Old 02-22-2013, 11:04 AM   #79
ZL1 Brian

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
I had the rare occassion of being able to take the Z out and I was at a stop light several cars back. The right lane had a few less cars in it. All of a sudden a little red truck goes by in the right lane, slams his breaks on, puts it in reverse and pulls up next to me. I rolled down the window and he said "I didnt realize that was a ZL1"! I do love the attention this car brings. On another funny note my 3 year old daughter calls my car the maro. lol. sooo cute.
ZL1 Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:55 AM   #80
Zikma

Drives: ZL1 2012 # 721; 2013 Tahoe Z71
WI requires a front plate and I had heard several stories of LEOs in my area stricly enforcing it with warnings and even tickets. I didnt let the dealer install the front plate bracket as I planned something different with out drilling any holes.

Before I could get the front plate on I was driving to work one morning and I needed gas so I wheeled in to a station that many LEOs take there break at. Seeing 2 county and 1 city cop car parked there I make a loop so that the rear of the car is toward the window where the officers are sitting. As I am filling up they come out and get in there cars and then totally box me in, one in front one behind and one on the left side they all get out. All I could think was here we go....first ticket is going to be for not having a front plate. All they wanted was to inspect the car and we talk for 20 minutes. They made me leave first so they could hear her roar. None of them even mentioned not having the front plate and I was late for work.

They all wave at me when they see me in town now.
Zikma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:39 PM   #81
z28-conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zikma View Post
WI requires a front plate and I had heard several stories of LEOs in my area stricly enforcing it with warnings and even tickets. I didnt let the dealer install the front plate bracket as I planned something different with out drilling any holes.

Before I could get the front plate on I was driving to work one morning and I needed gas so I wheeled in to a station that many LEOs take there break at. Seeing 2 county and 1 city cop car parked there I make a loop so that the rear of the car is toward the window where the officers are sitting. As I am filling up they come out and get in there cars and then totally box me in, one in front one behind and one on the left side they all get out. All I could think was here we go....first ticket is going to be for not having a front plate. All they wanted was to inspect the car and we talk for 20 minutes. They made me leave first so they could hear her roar. None of them even mentioned not having the front plate and I was late for work.

They all wave at me when they see me in town now.

I also asked the dealer not to drill holes in my front bumper. Great story!!
Thanks for sharing!
Old 02-23-2013, 10:40 PM   #82
z28-conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1 Brian View Post
I had the rare occassion of being able to take the Z out and I was at a stop light several cars back. The right lane had a few less cars in it. All of a sudden a little red truck goes by in the right lane, slams his breaks on, puts it in reverse and pulls up next to me. I rolled down the window and he said "I didnt realize that was a ZL1"! I do love the attention this car brings. On another funny note my 3 year old daughter calls my car the maro. lol. sooo cute.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:36 AM   #83
jaj18

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
I was stopped at a set of lights next to a police officer who asked me if I had time to pull over for a few minutes so he could look at my car. This was about a month after I purchased it. I figured befriending the local police is never a bad thing in a car like this and had time to kill. After he spent 10 minutes raving over the car, he said he was thinking about pulling me over to look at it but didn't think he could catch up on to me once the light turned green.
jaj18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:57 PM   #84
EsKiMo HuNtEr66

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 (Ashen Grey)
The only really cool experience I've had was that I overslept and was running late to school for a test. When I got to the school parking lot I noticed an empty spot close to my class so without hesitation I parked my car and ran as fast as I could to class. When I got out of class I thought I didn't do great on the test and when I got back to my car I noticed a paper that looked like a parking citation on my windshield. I thought great maybe I should check my tires to see if I got a flat seeing that my day couldn't get any worse. When I read the citation it said "Nice car i'll let you off this time. P.S. don't park in the staff only spot." I had no idea that was the reason the spot was open.

Not as good as some of the other stories but it was great for me and I ended up getting a B on my test!!!
EsKiMo HuNtEr66 is offline   Reply With Quote