Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 01-10-2015, 09:01 AM   #15
Mark T
American Gold Whisperer

Drives: 2014 White 1LE 2SS/RS/NPP/Rec/Nav
I think this noise is inherently built in.

2014 1LE.

My "pop" seems to show up while backing out the driveway and as soon as I cut the wheel to back into the road. To me it appears and feels like the front right side of the car. More of a clunk than a pop.

And yes, since day one. But I cannot get any other feedback than the sound. So now I back out around 2 to 3 mph and the pop ceases to recur. But sometimes I forget.
Old 01-10-2015, 10:46 AM   #16
DMVarea

Drives: 2SS
Same here. 1LE. Happens in colder weather, only when reversing and with the front wheels turned (typically as i reverse out of a parking spot). Sounds like it's coming from the front - actually at first I thought it was my tires slipping on the painted lines in the lot.
DMVarea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 12:23 PM   #17
Levans85

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS
I know I’m reviving a pretty old thread here but hoping for some assistance. Yesterday when I was backing out to go to work my car made a loud popping noise from the drivers side wheel well. I pulled back in to my driveway and was able to duplicate it a couple of times before it stopped. Initially I thought it was a rock stuck somewhere as I found a large-ish rock laying in the driveway after. It ultimately stopped and I drove to work with no issues. Later that evening when I left work, again backing out, I heard it again.

Last night I tried to duplicate it and couldn’t. So this morning when I backed out of my driveway I didn’t hear the sound...then about a mile down the road I went to turn and heard it again.

There doesn’t seem to be any consistent pattern to when to happening other than I’m usually turning at the time (but it’s not every time).

I have no mods on my car yet and the only thing I did was wash it the night before the popping stared. I know popping can happen when brakes get wet but it’s been over 48 hours since so I would think they’d be dry. It’s in the 60’s here right now and has been mostly dry.

Edit: apologies as I also noticed this is the 1LE forum. I’ll post in the SS forum.

Last edited by Levans85; 06-30-2018 at 02:39 PM.
Levans85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 07:47 PM   #18
Blown1LE

Drives: 2015 Supercharged Camaro 1LE
I get it here in Florida too when backing out of my driveway and it definitely seems to be a suspension or a chassis pop
Only does it once and seems to be in the front and happens as I back out of the driveway as the rear suspension compresses from dropping into the rain gutter
Old 03-02-2019, 08:56 PM   #19
GoTopless

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible
So have any of you gone with tires other than the stock F1's and if so do you still get the pop clunk from what seems to be the front end of the vehicle?
If its actually the tire that's causing the issue as per the TSB mentions switching to different brand or different performance tires should eliminate the sound.
Mine does this also and is odd its the tires since when cold below 30 the stock tires not very good traction wise. What gives ????
Just trying to understand cause it sounds more like what someone said being a tie rod end.
GoTopless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 09:43 PM   #20
adamw135

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoTopless View Post
So have any of you gone with tires other than the stock F1's and if so do you still get the pop clunk from what seems to be the front end of the vehicle?
If its actually the tire that's causing the issue as per the TSB mentions switching to different brand or different performance tires should eliminate the sound.
Mine does this also and is odd its the tires since when cold below 30 the stock tires not very good traction wise. What gives ????
Just trying to understand cause it sounds more like what someone said being a tie rod end.

I had this noise with the factory tires. Same as everyone else's complaint. Backing out of my driveway and turning the wheel it made a popping sound. Mostly in lower temperatures. I replaced the factory tires with BF Goodrich all seasons and have not heard that noise since.
adamw135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 02:10 PM   #21
GoTopless

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Convertible
Looks like thats what I may be doing.
Were they G-Force Comp 2A/S BF Goodrich?
GoTopless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 09:52 PM   #22
Venomcustom
Hard to want.

Drives: 2020 red hot 1SS 1LE
I had the same pop with the Goodyear’s in cold temps. I switched to Firestone firehawk Indy’s and haven’t heart it again. This was a year ago.
Venomcustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 10:00 PM   #23
adamw135

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Quote:
Yes. I am very happy with them. Took some patience finding them in 305 for the rear. They may be more readily available now. I switched them last spring.
adamw135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 09:59 AM   #24
DD1/LE

Drives: 2015 2SS 1/LE
Quote:
I just bought my 1LE a month ago with brand new BFG G-Force Comp 2A/S and have no pop while backing up and turning. I do have a clunk on the right front when going over decent sized bumps or speed bumps at more than 4mph, but I'm pretty sure that's a typical strut tower issue based on my research and is not related to your noise.

Daily Driven 2015 2SS 1/LE in Ashen Grey
DD1/LE is offline   Reply With Quote