Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2015, 03:16 PM   #1
lcrosss

Drives: 2012 SS Camaro
Thumbs down FAST Performance in Houston Complaint

Just in case any of you decide to get your car upgraded with performance parts, do not take your vehicle to fast performance in Houston. I just had to hire a wrecker to get my car out of their shop before I incurred additional charges and even more time. They had my car for 5 months trying to install a Procharger F1X. They have never installed this type of install before that's about all I can say on their defense. I got Nothing but lies on the duration of the install, and how much this would cost. This place is GARBAGE, If I can keep one of you from going to this place I have done my job. Feel free to contact me and I will show you invoices, and how much it's going to be to repair for their lack of knowledge! This is the website:
http://www.fastautomotive.net/fast/p...ance-upgrades/:f rusty::fru sty::frust y:
Old 02-28-2015, 03:25 PM   #2
Ice992
Semper Fi

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS A6
You're the first complaint I've heard of... Mike and his team have done a lot of work on a LOT of cars I know of in Houston. I know of people who have driven down from Dallas to have work done and others have taken botched jobs there to be corrected.

Ready to live life on your terms?

-H-Town Camaro Club-
Old 02-28-2015, 07:12 PM   #3
Sapper12b
HTCC Member

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
Dude sorry to hear that your vehicle wasn't taken care of. I've had all my work done at FAST including some of my friends vehicles and none us had any issues. Mike and his crew will work with you if you have any issues

Last edited by Sapper12b; 03-01-2015 at 10:43 AM.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:36 PM   #4
hazy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Care to elaborate beyond "OMG THEY F'D MY CAR UP!" ?

One would think that a shop that has gone from a single bay in a strip center, to a big ass hangar with multiple bays is doing something right....I have a feeling there is more to the story that we are not being told....
Old 03-02-2015, 07:29 PM   #5
Dmpsix

Drives: Black L99 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazy View Post
Care to elaborate beyond "OMG THEY F'D MY CAR UP!" ?

One would think that a shop that has gone from a single bay in a strip center, to a big ass hangar with multiple bays is doing something right....I have a feeling there is more to the story that we are not being told....
If what OP said about having his car for FIVE MONTHS, that IS unacceptable. Sorry, time is money... not to mention, they're wasting BOTH his time and his money.

Not to say that someone should expect this done in 5 days or anything, but jesus man... if I had to wait nearly half a year to have FI done on my car, I would've went to someone else without a doubt.

I mean also... most people can knock a supercharger / turbocharger out in a matter of 5-6 hours with general mechanic skills.

If a performance shop specializing in this kind of thing can't take care of it within a month, then it's time to go somewhere else.
Old 03-02-2015, 07:31 PM   #6
UF4LIFE102SS
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 2 SS
Wasn't this shop on tv for a bit?
Old 03-02-2015, 07:42 PM   #7
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by UF4LIFE102SS View Post
Wasn't this shop on tv for a bit?
No, that was Fastlane. Another Houston shop
Old 03-02-2015, 07:43 PM   #8
KRIS10

Drives: 2010 2SS Black and Inferno Orange
This is not the first complaint. Maybe just the first someone has had the balls to call them out. Its about time some one did. I wouldn't let them touch my 9 year olds scooter!!

Sent from my cammed supercharged #SurvivorCamaro
Old 03-02-2015, 07:48 PM   #9
Dmpsix

Every shop is different, but just after literally 5 mins of searching I found 2 shops on this website that claim they could have a supercharger/turbo installed and dyno tuned within a matter of days to a week.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279021

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177956
Old 03-02-2015, 07:57 PM   #10
KRIS10

Drives: 2010 2SS Black and Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
Every shop is different, but just after literally 5 mins of searching I found 2 shops on this website that claim they could have a supercharger/turbo installed and dyno tuned within a matter of days to a week.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=279021

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177956
Matt at FSP is awesome! He'll be tuning mine when he comes to Houston in a few weeks.

Sent from my cammed supercharged #SurvivorCamaro
Old 03-02-2015, 08:03 PM   #11
UF4LIFE102SS
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 2 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
No, that was Fastlane. Another Houston shop
Yeah wrong shop!
Old 03-02-2015, 10:35 PM   #12
hazy

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
If what OP said about having his car for FIVE MONTHS, that IS unacceptable. Sorry, time is money... not to mention, they're wasting BOTH his time and his money.

Not to say that someone should expect this done in 5 days or anything, but jesus man... if I had to wait nearly half a year to have FI done on my car, I would've went to someone else without a doubt.

I mean also... most people can knock a supercharger / turbocharger out in a matter of 5-6 hours with general mechanic skills.

If a performance shop specializing in this kind of thing can't take care of it within a month, then it's time to go somewhere else.
I agree wholeheartedly, but at the same time, know this shop good enough to know that they aren't the type to scam, or otherwise screw over a customer. OP mentions something about them not being able to install a procharger on his car. Well, I'd bet a good sum that they've done a procharger install, or two. Certianly shouldn't be strangers to it...however his mention of "They have never installed this type of install before that's about all I can say on their defense." makes me wonder what was going on...custom application?

Only other post OP has is something from yesterday asking about a cam spec. Not sure where it came from, but I have a feeling it's related.

I'm not saying OPs bull$hitting. I'm saying that I want the whole story, and don't think that's asking too much. If you're going to call out a business (of any sort) in this fashion, I think it only appropriate to include the full story, and I don't think that's too unreasonable...
Old 03-02-2015, 10:46 PM   #13
lownslowss
PaPa Smurf

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
Old 03-03-2015, 01:49 AM   #14
Dmpsix

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazy View Post
I agree wholeheartedly, but at the same time, know this shop good enough to know that they aren't the type to scam, or otherwise screw over a customer. OP mentions something about them not being able to install a procharger on his car. Well, I'd bet a good sum that they've done a procharger install, or two. Certianly shouldn't be strangers to it...however his mention of "They have never installed this type of install before that's about all I can say on their defense." makes me wonder what was going on...custom application?

Only other post OP has is something from yesterday asking about a cam spec. Not sure where it came from, but I have a feeling it's related.

I'm not saying OPs bull$hitting. I'm saying that I want the whole story, and don't think that's asking too much. If you're going to call out a business (of any sort) in this fashion, I think it only appropriate to include the full story, and I don't think that's too unreasonable...
I agree with what you said, and I actually had a typo on the first sentence of my statement, which was probably the most important one.

I meant to say "If what op said is TRUE"... Forgot to add the "if it's true, THEN it's an issue" part lol.
Closed Thread