Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 07-06-2023, 06:30 PM   #309
1SSkenny

Drives: 2015 Chevrolet Camaro 1ss 6sm
thanks for the write up I got to say this is by far the best instructions for a cam install I've found. I just finished my GPI SS3 cam install and followed your steps for the most part ( I pulled the heads to swap the lifters and ls7 head gaskets) so mine was "a little" more challenging. But, anyways much apricated my man I know this must have taken a while to write up w/pics !
1SSkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 08:49 PM   #310
Incyder

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS_Dave View Post
Does anyone still have access to the videos? The write-up and pics are awesome, but the vids would be nice to have as well.
I'm here posting about that as well. The oil pan is the hardest part. It seems the vid for that part of the process has gone the way of the dodo. A shame really. Such a good write-up only to delete some of the supporting documentation.

While I'm here though, are you guys re-using the oil pan gasket? How are you breaking the pan free? I've givin it some "love-taps". Still nothing. I've loosened the starter bolts, should I maneuver it away from the pan? And one last thing, are you leaving any bolts in, just loose near the trans to keep it in place while lowered?

Thanks in advance.
Incyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 06:34 AM   #311
joshnmn
2&THEHIT

Drives: 5th Gen Camaro; 5th Gen Ram 3500
No, take them all out. The cross member will catch the pan when it drops.

I haven't replaced the oil pan gasket. I've done this on my car 3x and once on my son's
I agree that this write up is tremendously helpful. I refer to it all the time, although I never had the need to see the videos.
joshnmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 05:56 PM   #312
Incyder

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshnmn View Post
No, take them all out. The cross member will catch the pan when it drops.

I haven't replaced the oil pan gasket. I've done this on my car 3x and once on my son's
I agree that this write up is tremendously helpful. I refer to it all the time, although I never had the need to see the videos.
10-4. Thanks for the reply. Did you have to do anything with the oil cooler for the pan to drop?
Incyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 06:53 PM   #313
joshnmn
2&THEHIT

Drives: 5th Gen Camaro; 5th Gen Ram 3500
Nope. Took it off of one and left it for the other.
joshnmn is offline   Reply With Quote