Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 12-27-2018, 03:21 PM   #1
HAMBO

Drives: Supercharged 2013 AGM 2SS/RS
Tried A Couple of New Products (Ammo Frothe and Adam's Spray Wax)

Hi everyone,

Got the chance to try out two new products this week (though not on the 5th gen, on the 1st gen; actually bought these two products specifically for the '67).

Ammo Frothe (the hoseless foam cleaner from Larry at Ammo NYC, in case anyone hasn't seen it:
)

and Adam's new Spray Wax

Some quick reviews:

Ammo Frothe

I had been meaning to try this since I refuse to do 2BM on the older car. I've only been using waterless wash. The car is garaged under a cover almost all the time, so doesn't get very dirty, and I would rather risk introducing some light swirls than have running water anywhere near this car and introduce more chance of rust. So was looking for a waterless alternative.

This took some getting used to. It's really foamy. Surprisingly so for something that isn't connected to a hose. It comes on pretty thick, and I went through a ton of towels since they would be covered in foam pretty quickly. Having said that, once I started to get the hang of it, I noticed it wipes off the paint very smoothly. Feels much more lubricated / effortless to wipe than with a typical waterless wash. Buffed off pretty easily as well. The stuff is pricey (much more so than my go to waterless wash, Ultima), so I'm not sure I would use it every time, but if there's more than just a bit of dust, this may be my go-to over waterless wash for the older car. Not a bad alternative for someone who doesn't have access to a hose either.

Adams Spray Wax

This stuff was super easy to apply, and left a nice shine. I'll note, the surface below on my car had (a few months ago) some CarPro Reload applied. Having said that, I could see the panels on the car 'pop' versus other panels when I applied this. The shine is similar to the Buttery Wax shine, but even easier to apply. The directions say to spray the wax directly on the vehicle. I found that a tad streaky (though almost everything seems to streak on the paint on this car for some reason), so instead I applied the spray to a towel and used the towel to apply it to the paint. Then flipped and buffed off. Super simple. The surface of the car was also really smooth afterwards. I could slide a MF towel across it. For how easy this stuff is to apply, I was impressed.

Here's what it looked like after it was all said and done (sorry, lighting isn't great):

SLP TVS2300, Edge CAI, 3" Magnaflow catback, BC Racing BR series coilovers, HRE FF15's (20x10 square) with Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's, GM STB, BMR front and rear sway bars and toe links, Prothane subframe bushings and front control arm inserts, JDP rear upper control arm bushings, Elite Engineering catch can. Tuned by Cunningham Motorsports.
1967 Bolero Red 396 SS/RS Convertible

Last edited by HAMBO; 12-27-2018 at 04:40 PM.
HAMBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 04:51 PM   #2
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
Picked this up in the retail area of Summit in Reno. I had never tried it. I think it might be the best spray wax I’ve used. With two possible exceptions, although the end result is worth it. It’s much thicker than any other spray I’ve used. And it’s blue in color. Its only slightly harder to get off but the blue shows on the black surfaces more. But as I said, the final result is awesome.

Name:  7606C9F7-1C11-4E45-A246-195BD536A4E9.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  124.3 KB

Last edited by Moto-Mojo; 03-22-2019 at 10:27 AM.
Moto-Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 01:52 PM   #3
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
She looks real good, Thanks for the kind words!
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 01:02 AM   #4
rdanzel

Drives: 2010
Love the mirror finish. Good job and nice review.
rdanzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 09:17 PM   #5
Quicksilver2SS

Drives: 2SS/RS LS3 NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
Picked this up in the retail area of Summit in Reno. I had never tried it. I think it might be the best spray wax I’ve used. With two possible exceptions, although the end result is worth it. It’s much thicker than any other spray I’ve used. And it’s blue in color. Its only slightly harder to get off but the blue shows on the black surfaces more. But as I said, the final result is awesome.

Attachment 979526
Just ordered a bottle, it's said to be real easy to use with great results!