Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-10-2009, 04:15 AM   #1
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Good Woork.

Thanks GM for fueling a prelaunch car community like never before. Thanks for giving us information about the Camaro in a fashion that no automobile company has ever done before. You continuously give us extra tidbits of information long in advance of the cars release. When other companies decide to sit on their information until a few weeks before sales start, you decide to give use enough information that 90% of us are smarter then 90% of your own dealers.

With all of this love you have shown the community it amazes me that certain elements of the forum still find the need to complain. Most car companies wouldn't have a sanctioned preorder period. Sure some dealers would take money anyways but there would be no guaranties. It amazes me that people can be so unrealistic. I think somewhere in our society we are breeding ungrateful idiots who have no idea how the world works and just want to complain about things they have no understanding of. I realize this is the internet and you can say anything on the internet because of the veil of anonymity. But I think a lot of this complaining is definitely going to put a sour taste in GM's mouth next time they consider informing and including the community on later projects. So to those who decide to be unrealistic and idiotic, please take the whinging some were else, we are tired of hearing it.

Last edited by headpunter; 01-10-2009 at 01:45 PM.
headpunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:27 AM   #2
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick

- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:37 AM   #3
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
Thanks GM for fueling a prelauch car community like never before. Thanks for giving us information about the Camala in a fashion that no automobile company has ever done before. You continuously give us extra tidbits of information long in advance of the cars release. When other companies decide to sit on their information until a few weeks before sales start, you decide to give use enough information that 90% of us are smarter then 90% of your own dealers.

With all of this love you have shown the community it amazes me that certain elements of the forum still find the need to Complain. Most car companies wouldn't have a sanctioned peorder period. Sure some dealers would take money anyways but there would be no guaranties. It amazes me that people can be so unrealistic. I think somewhere in our society we are breeding ungrateful idiots who have no idea how the world works and just want to complain about things they have no understanding of. I realize this is the internet and you can say anything on the internet because of the veil of anonymity. But i think a lot of this complaining is definately going to put a sour taste in GM's mouth next time they consider informing and including the community on later projects. So to those who decide to be unrealistic and idiotic, please take the whinging some were else, we are tired of hearing it.
I would disagree with you here.

I think it should be 99.99% of us are smarter than our own dealers.

Old 01-10-2009, 06:57 AM   #4
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I've got to ask about this mysterious Camala. Is it a Camaro-Impala?

I also have to take issue with your low estimate of consumer intellect. At least 99% of consumers are smarter than their dealers. The 1% reflects the like of CamaroScotty.

Otherwise, I'm with you!
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:10 AM   #5
kevin2323

Drives: challenger
Quote:
Thanks GM for fueling a prelauch car community like never before. Thanks for giving us information about the Camala in a fashion that no automobile company has ever done before. You continuously give us extra tidbits of information long in advance of the cars release. When other companies decide to sit on their information until a few weeks before sales start, you decide to give use enough information that 90% of us are smarter then 90% of your own dealers.

With all of this love you have shown the community it amazes me that certain elements of the forum still find the need to Complain. Most car companies wouldn't have a sanctioned peorder period. Sure some dealers would take money anyways but there would be no guaranties. It amazes me that people can be so unrealistic. I think somewhere in our society we are breeding ungrateful idiots who have no idea how the world works and just want to complain about things they have no understanding of. I realize this is the internet and you can say anything on the internet because of the veil of anonymity. But i think a lot of this complaining is definately going to put a sour taste in GM's mouth next time they consider informing and including the community on later projects. So to those who decide to be unrealistic and idiotic, please take the whinging some were else, we are tired of hearing it.
you need a tissue?

lol jk
kevin2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 09:34 AM   #6
CatiaJockey

Drives: 2010 2LT RS
Head Punter, you know how it is man, some people bitch if you hang them with a new rope. Someone posted about instant gratification, I think thats it in a nut shell. They want it now and if you can't deliver then its off into conspiracy theory land they go. If GM isn't doing things the way they think they should be doing business then they must be sabotaging the program for X reasons. Sometimes its fun to watch and sometimes I sit with my face in my hands shaking my head in amazement. The Camaro is coming, I hope everyone here is still around to enjoy it. I know you and I will be.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:15 PM   #7
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:

With all of this love you have shown the community it amazes me that certain elements of the forum still find the need to Complain. Most car companies wouldn't have a sanctioned peorder period. Sure some dealers would take money anyways but there would be no guaranties. It amazes me that people can be so unrealistic. I think somewhere in our society we are breeding ungrateful idiots who have no idea how the world works and just want to complain about things they have no understanding of. I realize this is the internet and you can say anything on the internet because of the veil of anonymity. But i think a lot of this complaining is definitely going to put a sour taste in GM's mouth next time they consider informing and including the community on later projects. So to those who decide to be unrealistic and idiotic, please take the whinging some were else, we are tired of hearing it.
Headpunter, I think you need to stay true to your roots and start punting some heads. I couldn't agree with you more. Viva la GM lol.
Old 01-10-2009, 12:18 PM   #8
AirBoyzT
Deployed OIF Basrah, Iraq

Drives: Future Camaro
Awesome Car...Awesome Price...Waiting a Month vs. Dodge Challenger....think I'll go with the Camaro...
Old 01-10-2009, 12:24 PM   #9
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
You had to be out of breath after that. I've never seen you say one tenth as much in one post before. And....BRAVO!
Old 01-10-2009, 01:42 PM   #10
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
i couldn't agree with the OP more... except that the 90% is a bit low

thank-you GM for bringing us together to celebrate with you for the return of one of the most iconic Chevrolet vehicles ever!
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:50 PM   #11
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
I can live with 1%.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 01:53 PM   #12
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I've got to ask about this mysterious Camala. Is it a Camaro-Impala?

I also have to take issue with your low estimate of consumer intellect. At least 99% of consumers are smarter than their dealers. The 1% reflects the like of CamaroScotty.

Otherwise, I'm with you!
the retarded Firefox3 spell check is to blame for that.
Old 01-10-2009, 02:15 PM   #13
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
the retarded Firefox3 spell check is to blame for that.
I use firefox 3 and one of the first things that I did was add Camaro to the spell checker.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 04:05 PM   #14
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Well said! But i do have to agree to the 99%
Lets drink to the General
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote