Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 10-19-2009, 10:20 PM   #295
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
No, they still have problems. CE doesn't really fix much. The main issues remaining as far as I'm aware/concerned are all for non-iPods. I think CE gets iPods working pretty good.

1. Doesn't remember last playlist.
2. Doesn't remember 'random' setting
3. Indexes each time on bootup (can't do anything while it's indexing)
4. Zune "skips" towards the end of every track
Does CE at least fix the unrecognized iPod issue? Just curious...
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:55 AM   #296
broncosman

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Send a message via Skype™ to broncosman
Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosman View Post
My Car was at the dealer for 3 days and they were going back & forth with GM about trying to find a fix for my issue. To top it off, they still haven't gotten the software to update it. I picked up the car because I have to go to work tonight and the Service Consultant said that they would call me once they get the update sent to them. He's under the impression that they can't get the updates until GM sends it to them. I printed out a page with the Part number and CVN codes so they should be able to find it, but nope... they didn't even know what they were looking at... According to my deck, I have HW:CB and SW:CC

The issue I have is this:

(here's the video if YouTube still hasn't got the upload finalized: http://s94930524.onlinehome.us/biggs...maro-error.mp4)

Do you have any info I can give them on how and where to find these updates? There's other updates as well for ECM and such but they won't do any updates unless I have a problem with it b/c they said GM won't pay them/for it otherwise!?!?!? Is that right/does that make sense?
Still nothing from the Dealership. They said GM won't send them the update & GM can't figure out why it's doing this. I don't understand why they can't just send the dealer the update and see if that fixes my problem. In the meantime, my DAMN On* is not working. They ordered a new communications module (they said it's being direct shipped from On* to them) 2 weeks ago and still haven't received it.

Codeman, any ideas on why GM isn't even willing to send them the update to give that a try? Or is the dealership that's trying to fix this issue for me full of "hot air"?

2SS/RS with painted Rally Stripes
http://www.h-towncamaroclub.com/index.php
broncosman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:16 AM   #297
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
What does it actually fix?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDustiNN View Post
Does CE at least fix the unrecognized iPod issue? Just curious...
To be honest, I'm not sure. TIS2WEB just says that it adds "robustness". I think codeman said that it does iPod issue. I don't have an ipod so I can't speak on it firsthand. Maybe someone else who does and has gotten the update can chime in.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:43 PM   #298
Crowley
Okie doke

Drives: 2012 GT500
I have pretty much the same issue with my USB stick. Randomly it will show a song on the display but it is playing other songs .. it just keeps that song there. I can get it to clear the display but then it doesn't show any song playing from my USB stick on there. It is pretty annoying and each time it happens, it seems that it will remember the song that is stuck on the display and will start only on that song each time I unplug or plug in the usb stick.
Old 10-20-2009, 01:50 PM   #299
broncosman

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Send a message via Skype™ to broncosman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
I have pretty much the same issue with my USB stick. Randomly it will show a song on the display but it is playing other songs .. it just keeps that song there. I can get it to clear the display but then it doesn't show any song playing from my USB stick on there. It is pretty annoying and each time it happens, it seems that it will remember the song that is stuck on the display and will start only on that song each time I unplug or plug in the usb stick.
same

2SS/RS with painted Rally Stripes
http://www.h-towncamaroclub.com/index.php
broncosman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:49 PM   #300
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowley View Post
Yep, exact same problem here as well. Please someone in the know can we get this FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:37 PM   #301
Schuby
Vroooom!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman71 View Post
That's great news! It looks like there was a problem with the file that was posted online and that has been fixed, so the dealers shouldn't have any problems with updating to version CE now.

Still trying to figure out why the dealers can't get the radio and/or PDIM updated for the aftermarket PDIM install.
Attempted to contact the dealer regarding this but the person who was in charge of my issue was unavailable at this time. I left a message and will hopefully confirm tomorrow that the issue with programming them has been fixed.
Schuby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:38 AM   #302
codeman71
GM Employee

Drives: 2006 Pontiac G6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schuby View Post
Attempted to contact the dealer regarding this but the person who was in charge of my issue was unavailable at this time. I left a message and will hopefully confirm tomorrow that the issue with programming them has been fixed.
I'm not sure if we would have sent out a message or anything to the dealers about the update file being fixed, but it *should* be fixed if they go out and download the file again.

Check out my videos on YouTube here. Let me know if you'd like to see any other type of video.
codeman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:40 AM   #303
codeman71
GM Employee

Quote:
What does it actually fix?
Update CD is the one that should have fixed the iPod not being recognized, the USB song issue, and where USB playback would only play parts of an Artist or Album before skipping on to the next Artist/Album.

Update CE added some more small fixes as well as some Bluetooth A2DP improvements in connections.

Check out my videos on YouTube here. Let me know if you'd like to see any other type of video.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:45 AM   #304
codeman71
GM Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosman View Post
Still nothing from the Dealership. They said GM won't send them the update & GM can't figure out why it's doing this. I don't understand why they can't just send the dealer the update and see if that fixes my problem. In the meantime, my DAMN On* is not working. They ordered a new communications module (they said it's being direct shipped from On* to them) 2 weeks ago and still haven't received it.

Codeman, any ideas on why GM isn't even willing to send them the update to give that a try? Or is the dealership that's trying to fix this issue for me full of "hot air"?
I'm really sorry that you're still having problems with your Camaro after so long. If the dealer is waiting for GM to 'send' them an update, it's not going to happen, as far as I know. We post our updates to a website and the dealer has to go there to download the update to their tool to then update the vehicle. So, it sounds like your dealer may not be aware of how to update your car in the first place.

And, if you're having this problem, they should have no problem charging the time back on warranty and giving you the update. If you have any problems with the dealer, please give this number a call - 1-800-508-3060. If you still don't have any resolution after contacting this number, please let me know.

Old 10-21-2009, 06:47 AM   #305
codeman71
GM Employee

Quote:
Yep, exact same problem here as well. Please someone in the know can we get this FIXED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is a problem that was fixed with update CD, and also CE now, so you just need to visit your dealer and ask them to update your PDIM, and then explain to them the problem that you're having, and they should be able to get it fixed for you. Let me know if you have any trouble with the dealer.

Old 10-21-2009, 07:08 AM   #306
homerlex
Wait'ns the hardest part

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS || 2001 Tahoe
Just curious - Are there any other fixes "in the works" at this time?
3100 - 07/14/2009 | 3300 - 07/14/2009 | 3400 - 07/25/2009 | 3800 - 08/04/2009
4B00 - 08/05/2009 | 4100 - 08/06/2009 | 4200 - 08/08/2009 | 5000 - 08/20/2009 |6000 - 08/22/2009
Target Production Week:Originally: 7/27, pushed to 8/10 then back to 7/27
homerlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:43 AM   #307
BlackinBlack

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06 Blade Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman71 View Post
That's great news! It looks like there was a problem with the file that was posted online and that has been fixed, so the dealers shouldn't have any problems with updating to version CE now.

Still trying to figure out why the dealers can't get the radio and/or PDIM updated for the aftermarket PDIM install.
I had my PDIM updated by my dealer yesterday from CC to CE. They had no issues doing it.

I was hoping it would fix the Bluetooth sync issue with my MotoQ but it still does not work. (I can add but will not call.) This is annoying as my wife's phone works in the Camaro and my MotoQ works fine with my Earbud so both devices work.... just not with each other.

2013 ZL1 BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
Roto-Fab CAI

2010 2SS/RS BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
3" MBRP 304 Stainless Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI
BlackinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:08 AM   #308
BassGeek

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS ABM
I just took delivery of my car last night. I can confirm that it came with CE software.