Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 03-21-2017, 01:24 PM   #1
bakoholmes

Drives: 2014 Z/28
Thinking about selling Z/28 #048

Thinking about selling my Z/28. I have had it for almost a year and have only put 2500 miles on it. With 11 month old twins and a new business I don't have as much time to play as I would like. I have a trackday credit that I don't think I will get to use in the foreseeable future.

Anyway what do you guys think is the right private party price to ask for a 2014 Z w/ AC and ~3kmiles. I bought the car right so I can afford to price the car competitively.

I am sure I will regret selling it but it is hard to justify keeping it.
Attached Images

bakoholmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:06 PM   #2
1970judge

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2007 HHR
Its going to be in the mid-upper 40's. That is about the price I have been seeing. Also what I paid for mine with 3k on it.
1970judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 02:32 PM   #3
bakoholmes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970judge View Post
Its going to be in the mid-upper 40's. That is about the price I have been seeing. Also what I paid for mine with 3k on it.

I agree mid 40's is probably a realistic selling price. I will start a little higher so I have some negotiating room. Thinking about selling it reminds me how much car you get for the $$,$$$. I know I am going to regret this one. But I already have a pretty long list of cars I wish I had back. lol
Old 03-21-2017, 03:29 PM   #4
zcarczar

Drives: 15 Z/28
If you can afford to keep the car why sell it? Mine is sitting in storage right now since I don't have room at my house. The cars seem to have quit depreciating much so might as well keep it until you can enjoy it again.
zcarczar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 03:50 PM   #5
bakoholmes

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcarczar View Post
If you can afford to keep the car why sell it? Mine is sitting in storage right now since I don't have room at my house. The cars seem to have quit depreciating much so might as well keep it until you can enjoy it again.
That is a good way of looking at it. I know that I will want to buy something else in less then 18 months if I sell it. Damn car addition.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:17 PM   #6
zcarczar

Drives: 15 Z/28
That's the same reason I've kept mine, I'm probably 12-18 months away from getting my house/shop built so I just have it stashed away somewhere safe. I've driven all the new Camaros and Corvettes and nothing really appeals to me like the Z/28. I say keep it and enjoy it, I have a pretty healthy addiction myself and this is one of the only cars I truly think I would miss.
zcarczar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 06:29 PM   #7
Crushinator

Drives: '15 Z/28 #783
Everyone is different, and we all have our reasons for keeping or selling a car. But like zcarczar, I have always had a crazy car addiction to get the next thing long before I wore out the current car. I've never had any car longer than 1 year. Viper's, Vette's, Shelby's, after a year I always get the itch for something new. The Z/28 is the ONLY car I've ever bought that I had to own and I'm coming up on 2 years of owning it. I have lost zero passion for mine. I still just go in the garage and look at it. Matter of fact, my second garage is getting built and my decorating plans are to do up one side all 5th Gen Z/28. I'm intrigued by the new ZL1 1LE, but that car would be in addition to the Z/28. I have had dreams about trading it on a new Z06 and have awoken feeling heart broken.
Old 03-21-2017, 08:51 PM   #8
JUSTIFIED

Drives: 2015 black Z/28
Based on supply and demand alone I'd keep it a while longer as I believe used Z/28s will increase in value the not too distant future.

Either that or keep it and start driving the hell out of it. I drive mine to work on a fairly regular basis. Turns a boring commute into a whole lot of fun!

Best of luck with whatever you decide to do.
Old 03-21-2017, 09:49 PM   #9
Chulai

Drives: '79 Camaro, '99 Vette, etc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushinator View Post
Everyone is different, and we all have our reasons for keeping or selling a car. But like zcarczar, I have always had a crazy car addiction to get the next thing long before I wore out the current car. I've never had any car longer than 1 year. Viper's, Vette's, Shelby's, after a year I always get the itch for something new. The Z/28 is the ONLY car I've ever bought that I had to own and I'm coming up on 2 years of owning it. I have lost zero passion for mine. I still just go in the garage and look at it. Matter of fact, my second garage is getting built and my decorating plans are to do up one side all 5th Gen Z/28. I'm intrigued by the new ZL1 1LE, but that car would be in addition to the Z/28. I have had dreams about trading it on a new Z06 and have awoken feeling heart broken.
An excellent summation of the passion this car creates. I have a tendency to hang on to cars (I bought my '79 Z in 1980) but I've never owned a car quite like this. It's really special.
'15 Z/28 #990
'21 Dodge Charger Scat Pack Widebody
Chulai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 11:44 AM   #10
bakoholmes

Thanks guys for the great responses. It is good to hear the feedback of people with a similar car disease. The Z/28 is my first modern muscle car so I don't have enough experience in that realm for comparison.

The boys are getting bigger and at some point they will be able to ride in a forward facing car seat. That will open up a lot more opportunities to use the car. In the next 18 - 24 months we will be ready to buy our next house w/ more garage space and that will make it a lot easier to justify keeping it.

Right now I have a F250, 1998 Mustang that is currently in the garage (LsX Drag Car project), Vw Vanagon Westy (TDI Swap in progress), Z/28, and the wife's MDX. Our current house only has room for 3 cars.

I listed the car for $48k on Cars.com. I doubt there are any buyers out there at that private party price. So I will probably end up keeping it for now.
Old 03-22-2017, 01:13 PM   #11
MRBZ28

Drives: 2014 Z28
Mine is a 2014#083 it has more miles than yours, I have it wrapped with Expel a couple sets of rims and tires, Don't think I would list it that cheap.

Yours might sell fast that you think.
MRBZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 04:15 PM   #12
rcandiloro

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakoholmes View Post
Thanks guys for the great responses. It is good to hear the feedback of people with a similar car disease. The Z/28 is my first modern muscle car so I don't have enough experience in that realm for comparison.

The boys are getting bigger and at some point they will be able to ride in a forward facing car seat. That will open up a lot more opportunities to use the car. In the next 18 - 24 months we will be ready to buy our next house w/ more garage space and that will make it a lot easier to justify keeping it.

Right now I have a F250, 1998 Mustang that is currently in the garage (LsX Drag Car project), Vw Vanagon Westy (TDI Swap in progress), Z/28, and the wife's MDX. Our current house only has room for 3 cars.

I listed the car for $48k on Cars.com. I doubt there are any buyers out there at that private party price. So I will probably end up keeping it for now.
If it's in great shape, which it sounds like, you will sell it.....
rcandiloro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 08:28 PM   #13
serviceguy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 # 89, 69 Camaro, 2013 ZL1
We received our first 2017 Gen 6 ZL1 at the dealership, while a very nice car for sure, I'll keep my Gen 5 Z/28, more raw, sounds way better, Trofeo's, Ceramic rotors and a NA 7.0 liter. I don't think you'll be sorry if you can hang on to it !
serviceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 08:42 AM   #14
f1wannabee

Drives: 2002 Z/28
Honest info in this thread. I've been looking for one but price had been a bit out of reach. I just found one that has 3,400 miles, absolutely perfect car with radio and A/C, for $43k.

It's more than I wanted to spend and I'm worried the car is going to have a larger drop in value with the new stuff out now. I don't need to make money on the car, but I don't want to lose 10k on it if I decide to sell within a year.
f1wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote