Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-16-2018, 03:28 PM   #1
jaysanti

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
SCT error codes, Need Help!

Hey everyone. wasnt sure where to post this thread but if anyone can direct this to right place it would be much appreciated!

First of all, I want to thank RDP motor-sports and SCT techs for all their help so far. But I came to a point where maybe I need help from fellow forum members only becuase its really difficult for me to get in touch with SCT techs due to my work hours in pacific time zones vs SCT's service hours.

Im having trouble pairing my SCT BDX hand held tuner device with my 2013 Camaro SS L99. You can find my mods in my signature below.

1st attempt: SCT error code #110B8
-before attempting to pair and load stock file, I did make sure to update device. And failed to load stock file with code 110b8
-this is where I got in contact with sct and Rdp which who I purchased from.
After several phone calls and attempt with the techs we came to conclusion that battery was low.

2nd attempt. SCT error code #110B8
-this is after purchase of new battery after Amps were too low aswell as a new Alternator.
-attempted to pair and load stock tune and failed once again with same error code #110B8 after new battery and alternator.

At this point not sure what to do and difficult to get on phone during work hours with SCT service. So Ill have to wait until Saturday. I want to make sure I can get this tuner working with my car before I supercharge.

Thanks for reading!

Follow Me @ssatann_ss

Last edited by jaysanti; 06-04-2019 at 07:13 PM.
jaysanti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 06:26 PM   #2
swampcritter

Drives: 2014 Camaro LS / 13 zl1
I can't help ya,but I know how ya feel.I just went through that installing my Overkill tune.I E-mailed Will and told him what was happening and he said"ya big dummy!Ya trying to down load the wrong S#!t ,read the instructions!" Well, not those exact words ,then he educated me and I got it down loaded.Today I installed the 93 octane tune and I was purdy damn happy.Purdy good for an old redneck hillbilly!!
swampcritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:06 PM   #3
chuckie669

Drives: 2011 ss
I've had to put my charger on my car for all my sct tunes.

Got a battery tender jr for my bike that I just connected to car the few times I've used it.
chuckie669 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:37 PM   #4
jaysanti

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckie669 View Post
I've had to put my charger on my car for all my sct tunes.

Got a battery tender jr for my bike that I just connected to car the few times I've used it.
I'll try to upload tune with battery tender tomorrow, Lets see how that goes. Ill come back with an update forsure.

Follow Me @ssatann_ss
Old 05-24-2018, 07:21 PM   #5
IASS

Drives: 2014 ss
did you backup your stock flash to your pc?
IASS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 02:11 PM   #6
jaysanti

Quote:
Originally Posted by IASS View Post
did you backup your stock flash to your pc?
Hey IASS thanks for the input. No I didnt back up stock flash. I havent been able to even upload stock flash. Uploads fails each attempt unfortunately.

Follow Me @ssatann_ss
Old 05-30-2018, 02:13 PM   #7
jaysanti

Keep the Ideas/Help coming everyone. Greatly appreciated. I have faith in C5

Follow Me @ssatann_ss
Old 05-30-2018, 03:33 PM   #8
InFiD3ViL

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS LS3 Swapped A6
Sorry if this was already listed in your OP, but has the SCT Handheld (or cables) already been swapped out?

If not, this needs to be an option for you.

My SCT X4, which I direct ordered from Summit, came with totally non-functional Wifi. Since I would never risk file transfer via wifi, it hasn't been a big deal to me. But it does show these things can have issues from the factory. Multiple firmware updates have done nothing to fix it either.

I would suggest trying to swap out the handheld (cables too) if at all possible. If that doesn't work, at least you can scratch that off your list of possibilities.
2010 CGM Camaro 2SS LS3 Swapped A6 - GPI LS3 SS1 .647/.638, (224/237, 112 +4, 7º overlap) on CamMotion 8620 core, BTR Platinum .660" Dual Spring kit w/titanium retainers, CHE bronze trunnion upgrade, stock heads milled @ .015, Melling HV 10296 oil pump, TSP 1-7/8" long tube headers (W/Catless Off-road Pipes), Corsa Xtreme 3" Catback, GPI Ported/Rod Mod Intake, Stage 2 Ported Throttle Body, Vararam OTR CAI, Mike Norris Gen 2 catch can + GM 1LE clean side separator, 160º thermostat - Megan Racing adjustable coilovers (lowered 1.75"), MRR M017 10/11" wheels-Tuned by Ryan @ GPI
InFiD3ViL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 04:15 PM   #9
craigd853

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysanti View Post
Hey everyone. wasnt sure where to post this thread but if anyone can direct this to right place it would be much appreciated!

First of all, I want to thank RDP motor-sports and SCT techs for all their help so far. But I came to a point where maybe I need help from fellow forum members only becuase its really difficult for me to get in touch with SCT techs due to my work hours in pacific time zones vs SCT's service hours.

Im having trouble pairing my SCT BDX hand held tuner device with my 2013 Camaro SS L99. You can find my mods in my signature below.

I'll break down the troubles in number of attempts and hopefully someone can chime in and save the day or any input is well taken.

1st attempt: SCT error code #110B8
-before attempting to pair and load stock file, I did make sure to update device. And failed to load stock file with code 110b8
-this is where I got in contact with sct and Rdp which who I purchased from.
After several phone calls and attempt with the techs we came to conclusion that battery was low.

2nd attempt. SCT error code #110B8
-this is after purchase of new battery after Amps were too low aswell as a new Alternator.
-attempted to pair and load stock tune and failed once again with same error code #110B8 after new battery and alternator.

-Now I was suggested by SCT tech to do a Fuse pull. I went ahead and pulled
-Fuse #5 and #20 (VSES)
-Fuse #15 SEO-IGN
-FUSE#40 ABS

After pulling fuses and waiting up to 6 hours, I replaced all fuses in correct location but car would no longer turn over with stabilitrak warning. After disconnecting ground from battery for 30minutes car turned on once again.

[B]Attempt3: After fuse/battery pull reset? error code #12124
Camaro is now on but yet again SCT device failed to load stock tune and with new Error code #12124

At this point not sure what to do and difficult to get on phone during work hours with SCT service. So Ill have to wait until Saturday. I want to make sure I can get this tuner working with my car before I supercharge.

Thanks for reading!
I had the same issues. it is very frustrating but what you need to do is put a battery charger on your car while trying to connect your SCT. The second thing is you need to have a rep on the phone while you are trying to connect your SCT scanner. Mine actually needed to go back to the SCT folks so they could completely reprogram my tuner only to get it back and it still took a week of talking to the reps while attached to the vehicle to finally get it to talk to the vehicle. Good luck and I hope this helps. Their customer support is very knowledgeable and the best thing to do as I said is to have the rep on the phone while you are going thru different diagnostic procedures and they will offer suggestions on how to fix.
craigd853 is offline   Reply With Quote