Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com
 
Gen5DIY
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2009, 06:49 PM   #1387
EarliestMemory
RED HT RS
 
EarliestMemory's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 VR 2LT/RS Camaro, 06 Harley
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 577
Well, I gave 'im a good looking over, and no swirls or scratches as far as I could tell. But the whole spray-mask problem highlighted another problem: my stripes don't seem to be holding up well - what I first noticed with the spray, was not all the spray. The stripes seem to be discoloring - I posted pictures here about it. Hopefully I'll be able to get them replaced under warranty.
__________________
EarliestMemory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:46 PM   #1388
GC-Camaro
 
GC-Camaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 Impala
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Grove City, OH
Posts: 607
__________________
2010 2SS/RS

GC-Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:34 PM   #1389
SilverIceman

 
SilverIceman's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro SS SIM
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 970
Someone's got to say something

Way too quiet today, so let's start something.

I got my "service bulletin" done Tuesday at Frank Z along with my first oil change (free thanks to Adam). Took them an hour and a half. I examined the whole vehicle before I left knowing someone was probably rubbing their greasy clothes, etc all over the car. Not too bad. Lots of greasy fingerprints.

I did my clay bar thing last weekend prior to the big wax job. Damn, hope I didn't use too much pressure. Didn't have to as the surface was pretty clean and smooth.

I've concluded my car's biggest enemy is me! I put the first scratch on it when mounting the rear license plate. And just put the first ding in the hood while I was waxing it. The plastic jar slipped out of my wax covered hands and bounced all over the hood. Now I can see a micro-ding where it hit. Nobody else will see it, but I know exactly where it is and it shouts at me every time I look at it "Look at me you idiot!"
Good thing the jar was plastic. Once I get a real ding on the car, that one will suddenly disappear.

Next up will be some window tinting. Still deciding on whether to do the legal 50% or go for the 35% on the sides. Any thoughts out there? Will I regret the 50% or will I get tickets with the 35%? Definitely will do 35% on the back . I will be scheduling that to be done Monday the 12th.

It's tucked away under it's covers right now, but can't wait to get out and play again. Some guys at work are going to Kil Kare tonight to run the 1/4 in their cars for fun (just regular sedan type cars). They've been riding me to go too. Really tempting but I think I'll wait just a little longer. I haven't really even nailed the car yet. Need to find a lonely stretch of country road and get more familiar with how it feels above 5 grand. I don't want an audience for that.
Attached Images
 
SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:40 PM   #1390
SilverIceman

 
SilverIceman's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro SS SIM
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 970
Silver

Forgot this one.

Those of us that got Silver paint, guess we follow the trends:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091001/...s_paint_colors

I don't think dark greys should be grouped with silver. Remember when green was popular? Can't believe it was number 1 in 1994.
SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:51 PM   #1391
CamaroSS_LS3
 
CamaroSS_LS3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM/IOM 6M
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Delaware, Ohio
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverIceman View Post
Way too quiet today, so let's start something.

I got my "service bulletin" done Tuesday at Frank Z along with my first oil change (free thanks to Adam). Took them an hour and a half. I examined the whole vehicle before I left knowing someone was probably rubbing their greasy clothes, etc all over the car. Not too bad. Lots of greasy fingerprints.

I did my clay bar thing last weekend prior to the big wax job. Damn, hope I didn't use too much pressure. Didn't have to as the surface was pretty clean and smooth.

I've concluded my car's biggest enemy is me! I put the first scratch on it when mounting the rear license plate. And just put the first ding in the hood while I was waxing it. The plastic jar slipped out of my wax covered hands and bounced all over the hood. Now I can see a micro-ding where it hit. Nobody else will see it, but I know exactly where it is and it shouts at me every time I look at it "Look at me you idiot!"
Good thing the jar was plastic. Once I get a real ding on the car, that one will suddenly disappear.

Next up will be some window tinting. Still deciding on whether to do the legal 50% or go for the 35% on the sides. Any thoughts out there? Will I regret the 50% or will I get tickets with the 35%? Definitely will do 35% on the back . I will be scheduling that to be done Monday the 12th.

It's tucked away under it's covers right now, but can't wait to get out and play again. Some guys at work are going to Kil Kare tonight to run the 1/4 in their cars for fun (just regular sedan type cars). They've been riding me to go too. Really tempting but I think I'll wait just a little longer. I haven't really even nailed the car yet. Need to find a lonely stretch of country road and get more familiar with how it feels above 5 grand. I don't want an audience for that.

Hmmm I must really be abusing my car. Ever since I passed 1500 miles I hammer on mine at least once each day I drive it, take it to 6500 RPM between shifts. Break the law in less than 5 seconds.

You a better man than me, I cannot resist the temptation to dive it like it was built to be driven. It is a hot rod so I hot rod it.
__________________
2SS/RS 6 speed manual. VIN# 2G1FT1EW7A9116851

No Mod's love it just the way it is.

CamaroSS_LS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:01 PM   #1392
EarliestMemory
RED HT RS
 
EarliestMemory's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 VR 2LT/RS Camaro, 06 Harley
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverIceman View Post
Way too quiet today, so let's start something.

I got my "service bulletin" done Tuesday at Frank Z along with my first oil change (free thanks to Adam).
I got mine done when I took my car back to the body shop for spray mask removal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverIceman View Post
I've concluded my car's biggest enemy is me!
LOL You KNOW that's true in my case!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverIceman View Post
Some guys at work are going to Kil Kare tonight to run the 1/4 in their cars for fun (just regular sedan type cars). They've been riding me to go too. Really tempting but I think I'll wait just a little longer. I haven't really even nailed the car yet. Need to find a lonely stretch of country road and get more familiar with how it feels above 5 grand. I don't want an audience for that.
Awwww, take it out there and go have some fun! I ran mine with <1000 miles on it. And yeah, did some stupid things like shift into 5th instead of 3rd one time, took me a couple tries to get it staged right the first time... thing is, when you're in the car ready to go down the track (and going), you don't notice anything else but the car and what you're doing. It's way fun! And I was very happy when I ran the 1/4 in 1 second more than the advertised time - me, who'd never dragged before. Try it, there's only a few weeks before they close!
__________________
EarliestMemory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 02:01 PM   #1393
SilverIceman

 
SilverIceman's Avatar
 
Drives: Camaro SS SIM
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 970
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarliestMemory View Post
Awwww, take it out there and go have some fun! I ran mine with <1000 miles on it. And yeah, did some stupid things like shift into 5th instead of 3rd one time, took me a couple tries to get it staged right the first time... thing is, when you're in the car ready to go down the track (and going), you don't notice anything else but the car and what you're doing. It's way fun! And I was very happy when I ran the 1/4 in 1 second more than the advertised time - me, who'd never dragged before. Try it, there's only a few weeks before they close!
Thanks, but I also had other plans for tonight. I'll have to get out there before they close. I'm sure I can get one of these guys at work to go back again.

Quote:
Hmmm I must really be abusing my car. Ever since I passed 1500 miles I hammer on mine at least once each day I drive it, take it to 6500 RPM between shifts. Break the law in less than 5 seconds.
I plan to, but was waiting to hit that 1500 mile mark. I'm close enough.
SilverIceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 02:06 PM   #1394
CamaroSS_LS3
 
CamaroSS_LS3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM/IOM 6M
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Delaware, Ohio
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverIceman View Post
Thanks, but I also had other plans for tonight. I'll have to get out there before they close. I'm sure I can get one of these guys at work to go back again.



I plan to, but was waiting to hit that 1500 mile mark. I'm close enough.
I drive mine too much, i have over 5000 miles on it now and have only had it since late June. Again I can't resist.

It's a real hoot once you start rapping it out.
__________________
2SS/RS 6 speed manual. VIN# 2G1FT1EW7A9116851

No Mod's love it just the way it is.

CamaroSS_LS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 04:46 PM   #1395
IROCanSS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 89 IROC 350
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Back roads, southern Ohio
Posts: 12,504
I did my oil change my self. It was very easy.

I have a question... Is it possible that the clutch would have to "warm up"? OK sounds crazy but hear me out. It was warm (obviously) when i got the car and only drove it on nice days. Well I had to pick it up from the dealer on a cold rainy day last week and when I did, it almost seemed like the clutch wouldn't grab in first. I felt like I couldnt even drive stick. Did it for a while then seemed to be fine... So I started thinking the worst. I saw a thread where some guy smoked his clutch in like 3000 miles. So I take it to work today. 41 out when I leave the house, same crap for a while. I had to baby it in first to get the clutch to engage without chattering. Every other gear was fine. Now I wanted to try to just jump on it out of the gate and see what happened but by the time i had the chance, it wasnt acting up and didnt at all the rest of the day. Put over 100 miles on today and was fine after maybe 20 miles (only like 4 first gear starts). Is this normal? Anyone else with the LS3 who drove in the cold this morning notice this? My LS2 M6 corvette didnt do this...
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:30 AM   #1396
EarliestMemory
RED HT RS
 
EarliestMemory's Avatar
 
Drives: 10 VR 2LT/RS Camaro, 06 Harley
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Dayton, OH
Posts: 577
Jrhaus, something doesn't sound right about your clutch. Granted, mine is a V6 and a daily driver, but my clutch has felt consistent since I got the car, hot or cold, after oil change, after sitting a few days. I would expect the same from the V8. You might want to post this in the transmission tech forum? Maybe someone else with an LS3 is more likely to see it there.
__________________
EarliestMemory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:42 AM   #1397
IROCanSS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 89 IROC 350
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Back roads, southern Ohio
Posts: 12,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarliestMemory View Post
Jrhaus, something doesn't sound right about your clutch. Granted, mine is a V6 and a daily driver, but my clutch has felt consistent since I got the car, hot or cold, after oil change, after sitting a few days. I would expect the same from the V8. You might want to post this in the transmission tech forum? Maybe someone else with an LS3 is more likely to see it there.
I did post in the tranny forum and I asked Darin. He said he would have to drive it and didn't have any suggestions other then the obvious, have a GM tech drive it. I am going to play with it when i get home and see if I am just crazy...
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:51 AM   #1398
CamaroSS_LS3
 
CamaroSS_LS3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM/IOM 6M
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Delaware, Ohio
Posts: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
I did post in the tranny forum and I asked Darin. He said he would have to drive it and didn't have any suggestions other then the obvious, have a GM tech drive it. I am going to play with it when i get home and see if I am just crazy...
Check your brake/clutch fluid reservoir. Is the fluid a lite yellow color or a dark amber color? Normal is a lite yellow color. I have read where several people are getting clutch dust contamination in the fluid which is causing clutch return issues and other clutch issues. My fluid is a little darker than the last time I checked but so far no clutch issues.
__________________
2SS/RS 6 speed manual. VIN# 2G1FT1EW7A9116851

No Mod's love it just the way it is.

CamaroSS_LS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:59 AM   #1399
IROCanSS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 89 IROC 350
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Back roads, southern Ohio
Posts: 12,504
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSS_LS3 View Post
Check your brake/clutch fluid reservoir. Is the fluid a lite yellow color or a dark amber color? Normal is a lite yellow color. I have read where several people are getting clutch dust contamination in the fluid which is causing clutch return issues and other clutch issues. My fluid is a little darker than the last time I checked but so far no clutch issues.
I read that. Will be checking as soon as I get home. Whats odd to me is that it clears up... unless, when the fluid gets hot, it thins out and doesnt have the problem anymore??? Thoughts on that? I will check the fluid and report back.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:03 PM   #1400
IROCanSS
Account Suspended
 
Drives: 89 IROC 350
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Back roads, southern Ohio
Posts: 12,504
Here is a cool tid bit. There is a sticker on the passenger side frame rail just left of the engine if you are standing in front of the car that gives a date stamp of when your car started down the line.

I had a TPW of 8/3. If you check your calendar, 8/3 was "Civic Holiday" so the plant was shut down. My car has a date/time stamp of 8/4, 7:45am. My car was one of the first built on the day back from a long weekend! Completed getting built and shipped 8/5. I am on the fence as to whats worse a monday morning (or in my case tuesday after a holiday) or a friday afternoon car!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
boringeversincehausleft, doesanyoneactuallyreadthislol, drew10stealsbolts, funny tags are funny, hrpii is pregnant, iroc204hp, irocababy, irocabigsticktobeatyouall, irocansshole, irocarubmark, irocasuspension, irocfluffyslippers, irocgrocerygetter, irocinsomnia, irocsshole, the jeopardy song, trackdaymidohio, whogetsridoftheircamaro4ajeep, whydotheyhatechubby?

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Songs About Camaros (for your driving pleasure) Emjay 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 74 12-18-2014 12:42 AM
GM memo to dealers Moose 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 41 02-04-2010 07:33 PM
CNN: Camaro: From sketchpad to street - The rebirth of a muscle car ... Gatecrasher 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 49 10-05-2009 03:33 PM
UPCOMING CAMARO IMPORTANT DATES CamaroScotty 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 125 01-11-2009 12:31 AM
Camaro Accessories from SEMA FenwickHockey65 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions 1 11-03-2008 02:25 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.