Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 10-02-2009, 09:07 PM   #1415
petman
Proud IBM Owner

Drives: 2010 1SS-RS
there you go jrhaus76 Foto of my great new ride, thanks for asking,the photo is on my previous post above yours
petman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:18 PM   #1416
tunacan58

Drives: 40th mustang/Camaro 2LT IOM
PETMAN welcome and your ride looks fine...
tunacan58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 09:20 PM   #1417
tunacan58

FEN hows school doing? I have not been around for a while. Things going well I hope!
Old 10-02-2009, 09:20 PM   #1418
petman
Proud IBM Owner

Drives: 2010 1SS-RS
jrhaus76 I just updated my signature, so one photo car ought to show,,, well maybe now, I am oviously new to forums

My Baby, 1SS/RS Auto
petman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 10:12 PM   #1419
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunacan58 View Post
FEN hows school doing? I have not been around for a while. Things going well I hope!
Things are all right. Kind of a big ball of blah right now.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:25 AM   #1420
CamaroSS_LS3

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM/IOM 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunacan58 View Post
Followed camaro5 for awhile now reading and learning, some may know that I got my wife 2LT IOM (NMFQPP) for her birthday (#50 on 9/21). Here is the rest of the story! I ordered on blind faith, never test drove, just looked and sat in one. We stopped by the dealership and the owner’s was on showroom! We walked in and she froze in-place, and said in a whisper “I like this car!” I ordered on Jul 3rd and told could take 3 months maybe less. Went back next day (without b-day girl), dealer had allocation (no games from dealer) and I put 500.00 down and walked out fat dumb and happy! Those who have ordered know what came next, the eternal waiting, tracking, waiting still at 1100 and on and on! One day checked in and went to 3000 and had TPW 8/13. Might get it in time for birthday….Then nothing…no 3400….no 3800 and VIN, for two weeks! Did a check on the spastic, nothing? Checked the next day…..BINGO, VIN!!! Got call three days later, cars here!!! WTC, now where do you hide a new Camaro for 3 weeks? (I’m military) Hide it on base, don’t drive it, just look at it! Well, I made it!
Also part 2 of birthday gift is road trip to FL (where we honeymooned, 28 yrs ago), Daughter relocated to TN, 2 weeks before and needed her stuff moved down on Sep 19th….combine trip, drop her stuff in TN and climb in Camaro and head south! Moved the car from the base on Thursday( hidden at nursing home) in town, sneak out late Friday night, hide car on other side moving truck, do birthday card, wrap key fob in jewelry box, AND DON’T LET WIFE LOOK OUT WINDOWS OR GO OUTSIDE UNTIL SATURDAY MORNING!! Saturday we packed stuff in suitcase and she wanted to put stuff in car! Now is the time> Give her the card, and wrapped box…explain I wanted to do early due to moving daughters stuff, she buys off on that, reads card, looks at box, guesses jewelry, I smile…..she opens finds key fob…looks puzzled… I explain that I got remote start put on her Saturn Ion for birthday…and suggest we go out and try it! She presses the start button and her Saturn does not start….But the hidden out of sight camaro does!... She walks to the front of moving truck, see the camaro and asks “is that a camaro?” I say “NO, it’s your camaro, happy birthday!” She’s got the biggest smile, now! I had our destination downloaded in the OnStar…Needless to say she had a blast on the trip…and I’m her Hero! Best gal in the world, gets the best car on the market! I don’t see her much now…She’s out driving! GO FIGURE! Thanks for letting me bend your ear! Camaro5 folks you rock!
That is a great story. It makes me want to do someting special for my wife.

No Mod's love it just the way it is.

CamaroSS_LS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 01:26 AM   #1421
CamaroSS_LS3

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM/IOM 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by petman View Post
Hi, Rick from Fostoria Ohio, suppose 40 minutes south of Toledo Ohio, and I just got my car yesterday 10-1-2009... and I now have the perm-a-grin.
Welcome Rick! Beautiful car too.

No Mod's love it just the way it is.

CamaroSS_LS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 07:09 AM   #1422
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSS_LS3 View Post
That is a great story. It makes me want to do someting special for my wife.
It will be tough to top that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petman
jrhaus76 I just updated my signature, so one photo car ought to show,,, well maybe now, I am oviously new to forums.
Car looks killer! Are they SIM stripes on the IBM? Looks very good. I love all the different ways to customize these cars. I did find out on spastic, there is 1 identical car to mine in Ohio. 2SS/RS SIM LS3 with black h/h stripes! Oh well, i guess 1 is ok! As far as the sig pic, I don't see it. Play around a bit and if you can't figure it out, ask away. Maybe the pic is too large...
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 07:11 AM   #1423
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSS_LS3 View Post
I think that is about my color now but i thought it was a lighter yellow about a month ago. Sounds like it was just a fluke.
Ok, well, here goes. I am going to the store and Autozone. Its cold out... STAY TUNED.

EDIT... I guess I just admitted to everyone on Camaro5 that I suck at driving stick in the mornings. Went out today, 50 degrees, no problems at all. I am saying it was operator error!

Last edited by IROCanSS; 10-03-2009 at 07:58 AM.
Old 10-03-2009, 08:17 AM   #1424
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

A reply I got... makes total sense to me and could totally be it. First time it had been parked out in the cold rain at the dealer . Second time it was in the garage but it had rained for like a week straight and was so humid you could see it in the air. I am guessing thats it b/c it has been fine the past few times and its been dry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Back from my Gen 4 days when I parked my car outside when it was cold condenstation would form on the clutch plate. It was a pain to start out it the car like you are describing. What I started doing on cold days was start the car and let it sit for about 4-5 minutes before going and all was fine.

Tech told me it was condensation and it happens alot on cars left outside in the cold.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:45 AM   #1425
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
Hi Rick, welcome to the forums! We were at New Carlisle's New Heritage Festival yesterday for their HUGE car show. 777 cars showed up! As far as I could tell, other than ours, there was only one other 2010 SS Camaro there (a black with orange stripes w/o the RS package). We had A LOT of people stopping by to see our car. It was fun.

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 05:05 PM   #1426
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostock69 View Post
Hi Rick, welcome to the forums! We were at New Carlisle's New Heritage Festival yesterday for their HUGE car show. 777 cars showed up! As far as I could tell, other than ours, there was only one other 2010 SS Camaro there (a black with orange stripes w/o the RS package). We had A LOT of people stopping by to see our car. It was fun.
tell darin thanks for getting back to my emails and it appears the car is fine!
Old 10-03-2009, 06:56 PM   #1427
GC-Camaro

Drives: 2014 Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by petman View Post
Hi, Rick from Fostoria Ohio, suppose 40 minutes south of Toledo Ohio, and I just got my car yesterday 10-1-2009... and I now have the perm-a-grin.
I will be going to Toledo for work on Thursday. I hope the weather is nice so I can take the camaro! Maybe I will see you on the road.

GC-Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:25 AM   #1428
tunacan58

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
tuna.. thats a fantastic story ... but you know whats next...

No pics of the car or the unveil

Its ok, I could feel her (and your) excitement just from reading. Sorry you can't make our trip to Hocking but did you suggest it to the wife? You know, Mrs. tunacan is welcome to go with out you.

Enjoy the car... they are great aren't they!
You wanted pics, Here are a couple (not so Good!, Cell phone) but you get the idea

RB
Attached Images

Tags
boringeversincehausleft, doesanyoneactuallyreadthislol, drew10stealsbolts, funny tags are funny, hrpii is pregnant, iroc204hp, irocababy, irocabigsticktobeatyouall, irocansshole, irocarubmark, irocasuspension, irocfluffyslippers, irocgrocerygetter, irocinsomnia, irocsshole, the jeopardy song, trackdaymidohio, whogetsridoftheircamaro4ajeep, whydotheyhatechubby?