Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

sjm autoprod
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes

Old 09-28-2009, 05:13 PM   #1373
heinzd01

Drives: 2010 SS RS, 1976 Type LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by javo View Post
We could do all of the Camaro you own together in the shots and rig them up too. Maybe try to put all three in the same rig shot, rolling at the same time.... It be cool, let me know.
What could you maybe do for the group of Camaros going to Hocking Hills Oct 17?
heinzd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:57 PM   #1374
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinzd01 View Post
What could you maybe do for the group of Camaros going to Hocking Hills Oct 17?
Kind of what I was thinking.... but it may eat up a lot of time...???
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:57 AM   #1375
javo

Drives: 350Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhaus76 View Post
Kind of what I was thinking.... but it may eat up a lot of time...???
True it will eat up a lot of time but it can be done. If you guys provided me with the qty of attendants, some type of time line, location and any other important details I can make a package and cost can be divided by the group. Which will make it a hell of a deal. Let me know guys this sound like it will be fun!!!

J

one more...lol
javo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:59 AM   #1376
javo

Drives: 350Z
ohh and I can bring a few of my clients w/ their Mustangs and Challengers and make this shoot even better...

any color... lol
javo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:14 PM   #1377
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
True it will eat up a lot of time but it can be done. If you guys provided me with the qty of attendants, some type of time line, location and any other important details I can make a package and cost can be divided by the group. Which will make it a hell of a deal. Let me know guys this sound like it will be fun!!!

J
I will say you do sweet work and I am interested for sure if the cost is right. Right now we are at 7 cars and the location would be somewhere around Hocking Hills but having a good road that you could rig up would be tough. (I think) We may have to keep this in mind for a later meet, which looking at the weather may get bumped to spring but I am for sure interested.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:15 PM   #1378
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
ohh and I can bring a few of my clients w/ their Mustangs and Challengers and make this shoot even better...

any color... lol
i will keep this in mind for a future meet! Would be a hell of a pic!
Old 09-30-2009, 12:42 PM   #1379
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

been slow here...
Old 09-30-2009, 01:25 PM   #1380
heinzd01

Drives: 2010 SS RS, 1976 Type LT
Quote:
been slow here...
Weather has been dreary. It looks like rain Friday/Saturday here and for the Oshawa meet. I haven't driven either of my Camaros for a number of days. :(
heinzd01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:43 PM   #1381
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Weather has been dreary. It looks like rain Friday/Saturday here and for the Oshawa meet. I haven't driven either of my Camaros for a number of days. :(
Indeed it has. I am bringing mine to work tomorrow. It is supposed to be nice, sunny and upper 60s. I was reading over the oshawa meet post. Looks like fun. I should have gone.

We are up to 8 cars with a lot of regulars that have not got back to me yet for Hocking. I am really looking forward to it!
Old 09-30-2009, 01:48 PM   #1382
EarliestMemory
RED HT RS

Drives: 10 VR 2LT/RS Camaro, 06 Harley
Quote:
been slow here...
Quote:
jrhaus76, you must be bored LOL. heinzd01, neither have I, and I'm not happy. So we'll see if I can provide a little rant for your entertainment.

[RANT] Everything looked good when I picked up Lucien from Serra Chevrolet's body shop last week. He was dirty, but he was dirty when I brought him in, so no problem. Also why I didn't notice the problem until several days later - what I thought was just dirt, looked like adhesive residue on my trunk lid, I assumed from the paint job. No big deal, I figured I could just wipe it off with Goo-Gone. Didn't work. My husband checked it out and foudn it all over the car - he thought it was clear overspray. So back to Serra it went. (Body shop mgr. says it's actually spray mask that wasn't cleaned off all the way, but still... grrrrr...)

During the first time in the body shop, the ol' spoiler bolts came out. The body shop replaced one but coudln't locate a second, so I got a nice rattle when I opened/shut the trunk. So when I took it back, the service dept. did the spoiler bolt fix and HVAC reprogramming, so that was good. Went to pick up the car last night, and son-of-a-gun, if there wasn't still spray mask on that car. They'd cleaned it off the trunk lid and most of the drivers' side, but there was still grit on the roof, and all over the passenger side. The car stayed at Serra last night.

The body shop peeps had already left by the time I got there last night, but called me first thing today - well, almost first thing. The mgr. says they claybared the car and felt every inch of it, and swears they got it all this time. Going to check tonight - I told him if my husband took me out there and it wasn't right again, they did not want to see him.

Did I mention that my husband used to own a black Suburban? LOL

So we'll see. To their credit, the body shop mgr has been nothing but nice, and as soon as I called him Monday about the (we thought) overspray, his immediate response was, "when do you want to bring it in so we can take care of it?" [/RANT]

On another note, in case anyone's looking, Serra has a white 1LT in stock - loaded, except Manual transmission. I usually don't like white cars, but that Camaro looks great. MSRP, and their sales people were great to deal with on mine.

I am soooo looking forward to the Hocking Hills cruise!
Old 09-30-2009, 02:03 PM   #1383
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarliestMemory View Post
jrhaus76, you must be bored LOL. heinzd01, neither have I, and I'm not happy. So we'll see if I can provide a little rant for your entertainment.

[RANT] Everything looked good when I picked up Lucien from Serra Chevrolet's body shop last week. He was dirty, but he was dirty when I brought him in, so no problem. Also why I didn't notice the problem until several days later - what I thought was just dirt, looked like adhesive residue on my trunk lid, I assumed from the paint job. No big deal, I figured I could just wipe it off with Goo-Gone. Didn't work. My husband checked it out and foudn it all over the car - he thought it was clear overspray. So back to Serra it went. (Body shop mgr. says it's actually spray mask that wasn't cleaned off all the way, but still... grrrrr...)

During the first time in the body shop, the ol' spoiler bolts came out. The body shop replaced one but coudln't locate a second, so I got a nice rattle when I opened/shut the trunk. So when I took it back, the service dept. did the spoiler bolt fix and HVAC reprogramming, so that was good. Went to pick up the car last night, and son-of-a-gun, if there wasn't still spray mask on that car. They'd cleaned it off the trunk lid and most of the drivers' side, but there was still grit on the roof, and all over the passenger side. The car stayed at Serra last night.

The body shop peeps had already left by the time I got there last night, but called me first thing today - well, almost first thing. The mgr. says they claybared the car and felt every inch of it, and swears they got it all this time. Going to check tonight - I told him if my husband took me out there and it wasn't right again, they did not want to see him.

Did I mention that my husband used to own a black Suburban? LOL

So we'll see. To their credit, the body shop mgr has been nothing but nice, and as soon as I called him Monday about the (we thought) overspray, his immediate response was, "when do you want to bring it in so we can take care of it?" [/RANT]

On another note, in case anyone's looking, Serra has a white 1LT in stock - loaded, except Manual transmission. I usually don't like white cars, but that Camaro looks great. MSRP, and their sales people were great to deal with on mine.

I am soooo looking forward to the Hocking Hills cruise!
wow same crap happened to me with the overspray when I got the back bumper fixed. Can't dealer body shops learn to do their freakin job. I clayed mine myslef. NO ONE CLAYS MY CARS! I made that mistake once. It only takes once!
Old 09-30-2009, 02:21 PM   #1384
CamaroSS_LS3

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS IOM/IOM 6M
Quote:
been slow here...
I'm still monitoring everyday too I just have noting to say. Have not driven car much in the past week either.

No Mod's love it just the way it is.

CamaroSS_LS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:48 PM   #1385
EarliestMemory
RED HT RS

Drives: 10 VR 2LT/RS Camaro, 06 Harley
Quote:
wow same crap happened to me with the overspray when I got the back bumper fixed. Can't dealer body shops learn to do their freakin job. I clayed mine myslef. NO ONE CLAYS MY CARS! I made that mistake once. It only takes once!
Oh man, now you have me paranoid. The manager says he did it himself this time, and sounded like he knew what he was talking about. I hope.

I suspect the problem is that tasks like washing after body work are paid the same way as mechanical tasks - by the hour, and a set # of hours for a given task, and they probably don't allot enough time to do this properly, so the lot boy rushes through it and does a half-a$$ job. We'll see! Anything specific I should look out for on the claybar job?
Old 09-30-2009, 03:05 PM   #1386
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarliestMemory View Post
Oh man, now you have me paranoid. The manager says he did it himself this time, and sounded like he knew what he was talking about. I hope.

I suspect the problem is that tasks like washing after body work are paid the same way as mechanical tasks - by the hour, and a set # of hours for a given task, and they probably don't allot enough time to do this properly, so the lot boy rushes through it and does a half-a$$ job. We'll see! Anything specific I should look out for on the claybar job?

SWIRLS AND SCRATCHES IN THE CLEARCOAT. Most noticable at certian angles in the sun. VR would hide it pretty good but you would still see them.

FIrst, claying takes a knack, and a while to do.

Short story. Bought a new 2007 black corvette at night in the rain. I was so excited i took it home dirty that night. I got it home and wanted to dry it off and clean it up. The ENTIRE car felt like sand paper. BAD! So I took it first to a detail shop to figure out what it was. Covered in overspray... OK why? It was a brand new. So I took it back to the dealer (the same dealer I got the Camaro from) and explained the situation. The offered to let me take it and have it clayed and buffed to remove the overspray. Instead of doing it myself (which i should have) i took it to a detail shop and explained how OCD I am and I didn't want any scratches or swirls. Yea, 2 years of trying and I never got all the swirls out. Plus when they buffed it, they burnt the clear in a few spots. I was never 100% happy with the finish on the car from day one. Part of the reason I was glad to see it go and part of the reason I swore off a black Camaro.

So no one could explain how the overspray got all over the corvette. I am to assume it had some damage in shipping and they repaired it and did a shitty job when they painted it. Since it was the same body shop that I was FORCED to use to do my warranty work, same thing on the camaro. Overspray on the ENTIRE car. This time I did it myslef and it came right off since I have 3 coats of Zaino on the Camaro already.

As I said, you can mess the car up with clay. #1 is pressing too hard. You have to let the clay glide and let it do the work. NO PRESSURE. #2 is to let the surface get to hot or dry and the clay stick. I will leave a mark that is hell to get off. #3 is debris stuck in the clay. You really have to watch to make sure nothing gets embedded in the clay. Hopefully he knows his stuff. If not ...

Oh and you mentioned the washing... no amount of washing will wah off the overspray so it isnt the wash boys fault. It is the painters fault for not covering the car with the plastic sheet or not clearing the air after spraying before removing the sheet. When I got my front bumper fixed (not the dealer, an actual body shop), the was ZERO overspray anywhere. They knew what they were doing.

Tags
boringeversincehausleft, doesanyoneactuallyreadthislol, drew10stealsbolts, funny tags are funny, hrpii is pregnant, iroc204hp, irocababy, irocabigsticktobeatyouall, irocansshole, irocarubmark, irocasuspension, irocfluffyslippers, irocgrocerygetter, irocinsomnia, irocsshole, the jeopardy song, trackdaymidohio, whogetsridoftheircamaro4ajeep, whydotheyhatechubby?