Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-25-2011, 09:52 PM   #1
Fogey

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS A6, IOM
Who made whos' day (kind of sappy)

This afternoon I was parked on a local street while my wife went into the Post Office. I see this kid (about 6 years old) on his skateboard, helmet on coming down the street with his Mom trailing behind. When he sees the Camaro he stops and he's checking it out. I don't think he saw me in the car because he walks over and sticks his nose on the passenger side window looking inside. I rolled down the window and he says, "awesome car". Then as he and Mom head down the street, he tells his Mom, "We gotta get one of those". Ten minutes or so later, my wife has just gotten into the car and here comes the kid and Mom heading back from where ever they had gone. When the kid gets to the car, he stops again. I fired it up and gave him three good raps from my Borla catback exhaust. After recovering from the shock of startup he comes over and says "sweet". His Mom then says, "You just made his day"
The truth is, that kid made my day.
Fogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:02 PM   #2
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Very cool. I love moments like that. You just never get enough of it.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:03 PM   #3
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
aww how sweet lol made me smile too
Old 04-25-2011, 11:15 PM   #4
momofsix

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I love when kids comment on the car..it is always a genuine comment, honest...we were told our car is 'way better than the real bumble bee' by boys in the neighbourhood that comment came right after their father told us we should have went with Yellow..
Old 04-26-2011, 07:18 AM   #5
jcouves

Drives: Bumblebee!!
I love how kids react to this car!
The parking lot of my building is on the back of a school. Can you imagine what happens when I come to park my "Bumblebee" as they call it?
A few days ago, I was parking my other car on the place of the Camaro (a "boring" black Hyundai Azera). A 7 years old kid saw it and when I left the vehicle, he said:
- "Hey, mister, where is the yellow car?".
- "It has turned into a robot, it's walking out there", I said
- "Are you kidding me?"
- "No, I'm pretty serious about that"
- "Cool! And how the car will come back?"
- "Come on, it's a robot, it knows how to come back home by himself"
The kid enters the classroom screaming the news to his friends. The cutest thing ever!
jcouves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:53 AM   #6
Tigg
Irreverent Schmoe

Drives: Black 2010 2SS
Great story!!!
my only experience was quite the oppsite.... But the kid was a teenager... I was picking up my youngest son from school .. While waiting a boy as he walked by looked in and said Camaros suck while giving me the thumbs down..I asked him before he got too far away what he drove... the Calvin pissing on the Chevy logo tee shirt he was wearing was a pretty good indicator..He turned back to look at me and said proudly "an 02 Mustang ". . I said cool and he continued on to the parking lot.. About the time my son made it out of the school the boy I was talking to was rolling out of the parking lot in a pretty nice looking Mustang (as good as a mustang can look). He looked over at me,smiled and tacked it up a few times.. I looked back at him, lost the smile off my face and wagged my finger back and forth as I shook my head no.. He lost most of his smile and pulled out witbout spinning the tires.. Every time he saw me after that he would stop,say hello and talk shop until my son came out.. . So it wasn't a totally negative experience ..
Old 04-26-2011, 07:58 AM   #7
champ22

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro 1SS 1LE
We had some of the neighbor kids come over and were looking at my car. It was all well and good until my wife asks them if they want to look inside the car. I complied with it, unlocked my car and opened the door. That only lasted about 5 seconds when one of them decides to stand on the drivers seat and climb on top of the center console and sit there on their knees. I said that was enough and told them to get out. It's nice to have them admire my car but that will be the last time I let one get inside.
champ22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 07:59 AM   #8
MrandMrsNinja

Drives: 11' SGM 2SS/13' GT/08' F-150 4x4

great story...you're helping bring that kid up the right way
MrandMrsNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:06 AM   #9
2010victoryredss_ron
Born: August 27, 2009

Drives: 10CAMARO SS,12CRUZE RS,07 YAM R6
Send a message via MSN to 2010victoryredss_ron
yes that is very cool......now he is going to remember that everytime he sees a Camaro...should have given him a ride.....always make time for kids....
Old 04-26-2011, 08:12 AM   #10
DevilsReject97
Nightmare

Drives: Your mom crazy in bed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogey View Post
This afternoon I was parked on a local street while my wife went into the Post Office. I see this kid (about 6 years old) on his skateboard, helmet on coming down the street with his Mom trailing behind. When he sees the Camaro he stops and he's checking it out. I don't think he saw me in the car because he walks over and sticks his nose on the passenger side window looking inside. I rolled down the window and he says, "awesome car". Then as he and Mom head down the street, he tells his Mom, "We gotta get one of those". Ten minutes or so later, my wife has just gotten into the car and here comes the kid and Mom heading back from where ever they had gone. When the kid gets to the car, he stops again. I fired it up and gave him three good raps from my Borla catback exhaust. After recovering from the shock of startup he comes over and says "sweet". His Mom then says, "You just made his day"
The truth is, that kid made my day.

Well done!
Old 04-26-2011, 08:16 AM   #11
MrandMrsNinja

Drives: 11' SGM 2SS/13' GT/08' F-150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010victoryredss_ron View Post
yes that is very cool......now he is going to remember that everytime he sees a Camaro...should have given him a ride.....always make time for kids....
and chance him peeing himself in the car from excitement?!?!?!?! no thank you!!
MrandMrsNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 08:20 AM   #12
BlwnSS
i like carz

Drives: 99 Formula,85 Trans Am,04 Monte
awesome story . I had one similar a week ago .

I had just got gas and was going home , windows down , i stop at a stop sign and start up , real slow driving like a cop was behind me and this kid 5-8 on a bike go by and yells "i like your car"

That put the biggest smile on my face and made be feel so good . ITs so cool and innocent when a little kid says something like that.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:38 AM   #13
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
I've written about this before, but kids were part of the best moment I've had in mine as well.

I was driving along a highway in Canada out for a cruise (Route 3, just across the border from Washington) heading back towards Vancouver. It's a smaller highway and there wasn't much traffic that day.

I drove through this small town called Hedley, population 400 (or so). The speed limit through town was 40kph, which is slow...love how you can switch the car from english to metric. As I was leaving the town, I saw two kids around the age of 8-9 years old standing in a farm by the fence near the road. My windows were down, and I heard them yell "DO A BURNOUT"!

I stopped 50 feet past them, and turned off all the nannies. No traffic in either direction (nor had there been for a long time). So I did a nice burnout through first gear, probably about 80 feet or so. In my rear view mirror through the smoke I saw them both jumping up & down cheering, which was my last view of them as I rounded the corner.

Definately made my day, and I'm pretty sure I made theirs
Old 04-26-2011, 08:56 AM   #14
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
When I first got mine, I had a little kid (maybe 4?) come up in a parking lot and ask "Does it twansfome?" I just smiled and said "I don't know yet, I only got it a week ago!" He looked so excited to find out...