Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > International Regions > Italia

Old 01-28-2009, 10:16 PM   #15
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
I miss Italy I lived there for five years. But I'm planning on moving back in the near future and my camaro SS is coming with me
Old 01-29-2009, 01:51 AM   #16
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
& they call me a necro-poster!
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 07:18 AM   #17
TheItalianJob

Drives: Audi TT, Fiat Panda Cross
E io che credevo di essere l'unico italiano qua...
Well I think I'll get my Camaro directly from the States, 'cause I want to finish my studies at the MIT in Boston... I just hope they will accept my application... Do you think I'd have better chances if I say that I'm a Camaro-addicted?
TheItalianJob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 08:35 AM   #18
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheItalianJob View Post
E io che credevo di essere l'unico italiano qua...
Well I think I'll get my Camaro directly from the States, 'cause I want to finish my studies at the MIT in Boston... I just hope they will accept my application... Do you think I'd have better chances if I say that I'm a Camaro-addicted?
Yes tell them you are addicted to camaro's I heard that always works
Old 06-28-2009, 07:31 AM   #19
Luca

Drives: Alfa Romeo MiTo
Hi, i'm another Camaro Fan from Italy
I really love this car is very very Beautiful I hope one day i can buy one
Sorry for my english, i've learned it only at school
Luca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 08:46 AM   #20
F4st1DiO

Drives: Peugeot 208 e-HDI Allure
Send a message via MSN to F4st1DiO Send a message via Skype™ to F4st1DiO
Hi all!

Hi everybody!
I found this community looking for Camaro infos! I see that there are other guys from Verona, Italy! I'm here posting because I want to give my contribute to the thread. On a website called www.mobile.de I found a German dealer that imports Camaro at a very good price (imho).
I found an 2LT ad 24900 €. In addition to the 25k € there are other 1000€ for duty and tax.
So with 25900€ everyone can have in Germany (the town is Bremheaven) a 2LT Camaro, with 19" Wheels, Lether interior, sunroof, boston car stereo and much more.
The problem is that I have to go there in Germany, pick the car, drive to Italy for one and half day and once I'm at home, I have to convert the license plates (ITA: thevo reimmatricolare l'auto) to italian ones...
F4st1DiO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:37 AM   #21
F4st1DiO

How to import Camaro in Italy / Come importare Camaro in Italia

ENG:

I spent the last days calling USA & Germany and looking for forums, to understand what an Italian person has to do to import a Camaro in Italy.

The first step is to find a delaer in USA which is reliable.
Looking at some website like Auto Scout, mobile.de you can easily find USA dealers that already have a reseller in Europe (mainly in Germany).
Personally I choosed "Autohaus" asking for a Camaro 2LT saw on mobile.de at 24900€.

After talking via Skype with the dealer I found that the car shipment, duty and taxes are about 1000€. At this point you have to spend the car price + 1000€ to have the Camaro ready in Germany with temporary license plate (valid for 60 days) with assurance.

Now we have to travel to the reseller in Germany, pay, bring the car and come back to Italy. Usually the European dealers are placed in the North of Germany, near Denmark so there are a lot of km to do to come back to Italy...

Once in Italy we have to go to the local Motorizzazione, to enrol the car to the P.R.A. (Pubblico Registro Automobilistico) and receive the Italian Licence Plates.
Here at this moment we have to pay the IVA (Imposta Valori Aggiunti... the Italian VAT) which is 20% of the Car value. At this time we have spent car price + 1000€ + 20%.

If the Camaro is used, and has more than 6000 km and more of 6 months of lifetime the IVA is assolved and we don't need to pay nothing.

ITA:

Allora ragazzi, in questi giorni ho chiamato USA e Germania per cercare di capire come fare ad importare una Camaro in Italia.

Prima di tutto bisogna trovare un conessionario in USA che sia affidabile.
Cercando su Auto Scout, mobile.de potete facilmente trovare concessionari USA che già si appoggiano a rivenditori in europei (in Germania principalmente).
Io ho scritto ad Autohaus chiedendo un preventivo di una Camaro 2LT vista sul sito mobile.de a 24900€.

Dopo aver sentito via Skype il venditore, ho scoperto che la spedizione, le tasse e la dogana ammontano a 1000€. A questo punto il prezzo dell'auto equivale al prezzo dell'auto +1000€ per avere la Camaro in Germania pronta su strada con targhe temporanee (valide 60 giorni) assicurazione e bollo.

Ora non rimane che andare in Germania a ritirare l'auto, pagarla, e tornare in Italia.. Solitamente i concessionati sono a nord della Germania, a ridosso della Danimarca e quindi per tornare in Italia ci sono un bel po di km da fare...

Una volta in Italia, bisogna andare in Motorizzazione per iscrivere l'auto al PRA e prendere le targhe italiane. ATTENZIONE AD AVERE LA SCHEDA TECNICA E TUTTI I DOCUMENTI. Con le targhe verrà anche richiesta la fattura d'acquisto dell'auto e si dovrà versare l'IVA corrispondente al 20% del prezzo d'acquisto dell'auto... e son dolori!
Prezzo auto + 1000€ + 20%.

Se la Camaro è usata ed è immatricolata da più di 6 mesi e ha più di 6000km al contachilometri L'IVA RISULTA GIA' ASSOLTA E NON DEVE ESSERE PAGATA.
Old 07-22-2009, 02:35 PM   #22
O2BQIK

Drives: 1991 Camaro RS
That's great Simone! I hope you are able to get a Camaro soon!
Old 07-23-2009, 02:54 AM   #23
F4st1DiO

Quote:
Originally Posted by O2BQIK View Post
That's great Simone! I hope you are able to get a Camaro soon!
I'll be in touch... at this moment I can't buy from autohouse because the Camaro will cost me about 31000 € because of Italian VAT (20%).

At this moment I'm looking for a Dealer that is able to sell a new Camaro as used. This is possible using some tricks, like stock of car 5 months old and running the cars on test rolls until 6000 km...

My friend/colleague who already bought imported cars know one of these dealers. In these days I'm waiting for a price of a 2LT, yellow with sunroof, RS package, Rally stripes.

Here in Italy with 25000 USD (19000 EUR) you can't buy a car like a Camaro.
A cons is that a camaro need a lot of fuel, and here at this moment the gasoline cost 1,29 Euro/litre (1 litre = 0.26 gal) so is very expansive.
Old 07-25-2009, 08:35 PM   #24
GIJedi

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 2012 Z71 Avalanche
I'm stationed at Aviano AB with the USAF and if all goes well, she'll be here by the end of the year. I'm currrently at event code 1100 and she was ordered about a month ago. She'll have to be shipped to my home town dealer, where my Mom will take care of the paperwork, then go on a trailer down to GA, the put on the ship and sent directly to Aviano. The sucky thing is, it'll be the middle of winter when I get her, by the way I figure the way production and shipping. That's the breaks, but I'll have a real badass car soon!!
GIJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 07:41 AM   #25
F4st1DiO

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIJedi View Post
I'm stationed at Aviano AB with the USAF and if all goes well, she'll be here by the end of the year. I'm currrently at event code 1100 and she was ordered about a month ago. She'll have to be shipped to my home town dealer, where my Mom will take care of the paperwork, then go on a trailer down to GA, the put on the ship and sent directly to Aviano. The sucky thing is, it'll be the middle of winter when I get her, by the way I figure the way production and shipping. That's the breaks, but I'll have a real badass car soon!!
You're very lucky... only a question. When your car will be at USAF base in Aviano, what kind of licence plates "she" will have your car?
One of your base I presume...

Anyway you're very lucky!

In these days (and I have to thank my colleague's girlfriend) I have a great contact with 3 people that have large experience in importing cars from USA. This crew is contacting all the states dealers looking for a car with my requirements. Of course I'm looking for a 6 month old Camaro with 6000 km so I have not to pay the VAT once the car will be here in Italy.

My plan to buy a Camaro is not dead for the moment!
Old 07-29-2009, 08:34 PM   #26
GIJedi

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, 2012 Z71 Avalanche
Not sure as to when she'll be getting here, hopefully by the end of the year. Actually we use EU plates here, so the same as everyone else in Europe.

Well good luck to you and keep the dream alive.
GIJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:50 AM   #27
bluman

Drives: '10 Corvette GS/'13 Mustang
Benvenuti a tutti !!
2010 Camaro SIM/CGM RS/2LT VIN #310 SOLD

2010 Corvette Grand Sport
bluman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 03:29 AM   #28
starscream

Drives: camaro lt 2
ciao ragazzi!!! ho appena comprato una camaro lt 2 ....potreste aiutarmi a trovare lo spoiler posteriore???
starscream is offline   Reply With Quote