Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 11-11-2018, 09:06 PM   #1
Scroller
Shazoom

Drives: 2012 2lt Camaro 45th Edition
Where to run wires

Hello all, I have a question that I could not find answered anywhere. Hoping someone can help or lend advice.
I'm getting ready to install Rock Lights in all the wheel wells on my 2012 Camaro, but I can not find where to run the individual wires into the interior under the dash to connect them to the control box. I don't want to have to drill holes anywhere. I am also going to install under glow lights, but , same situation as for the rock lights.
When I pulled the fender well covers out, there is a small 1 1/2" plug located towards the door, but when I pulled it off, it just leads into the frame and I could not find anything under the dash, or behind the kick panels that that plug might lead to that I could use. That would be an ideal place to run the wires but I cannot get into the dash from there.
I know about the one pass through near the 12 volt cable, but that is not anywhere near big enough to pass the 4 leads through. That would work great for running the hot and ground wires if I could find someplace in the engine compartment to mount the control box.
Please, if anyone has any advice, or could lend me their secrets for how they ran theirs, it would be greatly, greatly appreciated.
Thanks!! Kerry
Scroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 06:35 AM   #2
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Control box goes in engine bay or you're drilling to run wires to the trunk or inside.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 11:01 AM   #3
Scroller
Shazoom

Drives: 2012 2lt Camaro 45th Edition
Hey Snoman, Thanks! That's what I was afraid of, guess I'll be mounting in the engine bay. I certainly don't want to drill holes if not needed.
Scroller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 11:18 PM   #4
opossum

Drives: 2013
Hello,

I pulled all cables in the passenger footwell to the engine compartment. There in the footwell lift the carpet at the front, below that you will find an existing opening. There is already a rubber stopper available. The cables come out in the engine compartment below the cabin air filter. My Camaro is a 2013 european modell.

Best regards from Germany

Egbert
Chevrolet Camaro - V8 - MT - 2013 - European Version - Inferno Orange/ Inferno orange - ACC Sidemarker ghosted - Dash Kit PAC RPK5-GM4101 with DNX8170DABS - Amp KAC-8406 - Sub Pioneer TS-WX110A - Rear- and Front-Camera - ACC Mail Slot Scanner RGB - Pedders Sportsryder - painted parts in engine compartment - black powder coated original rims - H & R wheel plates 20mm front and rear axle - 1 LE steering wheel - MGW Short shifter replacement - aluminum door Pins - ACS T4 Splitter - us-mirrors - ZL1 side rockers - High Wing Spoiler
opossum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 09:34 AM   #5
Talladega

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS
I had to run some wires from the engine bay to the interior. Under the cabin air filter there are existing holes that are plugged with rubber stoppers, I poked a hole through one of them and the wires come out behind the glove box inside.
Talladega is offline   Reply With Quote