Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-22-2019, 08:25 PM   #15
ozm0sis

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS 1LE
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvydvr View Post
That would be a tight fit and there would be zero room for error loading and unloading. But, if you do, extend the ramps to the next county (for a smooth transition)and make sure you have a guide who knows what they're doing... I had my wife guide me and it would have been easier landing Apache helicopters on an inner tube :-)
I had to LOL in real life too and log into this account I have only lurked on just to state how hard this made ma laugh.

I am currently looking into the same thing and may be towing my 2018 600+ miles shortly. I did see wooden blocks used at the front to get over the lip, and glad to know the 1LE will fit with the wide tires. You guys are life-savers! I have been scouring the internet all day for information!
ozm0sis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 03:00 AM   #16
@ReaperZL1

Drives: 2013 camaro zl1 aka the Reaper
Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier02832 View Post
Like the title says. Has anyone towed a ZL1 with a rental U-haul auto trailer? Looking for tips/advice on fitment/clearance issues with towing a ZL1 1600 miles on a rental u-haul trailer.
alright i have the exact answer you need as i travelled from west coast to east coast with my zl1 on one of those trailers.
as far as fitment the car will fit on the trailer, however i hope you have a sledge hammer handy. the front lip of the trailer where the ratchet strap ratchets, its right above the ratchet part needs to be hit down just a little bit so the front lip doesnt grab. in the center where the car first comes off the ramp and onto the trailer itself there is a V-shape of a slant that also needs to be hit down a little bit, especially if you had subframe connectors and lowered like mine is. dont worry about uhaul raising a stink about it as they wont even notice it. i watched them do the after inspection on mine when i turned it in, they had no clue.
as far as weight being an issue, no problem whatsoever. i put the car on the trailer and filled the car with a ton of stuff and had no issues at all. drove form california to north carolina even in a snow storm with like 4 inches of snow. wasnt worried one bit
hope this helps you man, any questions feel free to ask. i check this forum twice a day
@ReaperZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 09:09 PM   #17
SecondZ28

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by @ReaperZL1 View Post
alright i have the exact answer you need
...3 year old thread, he probably figured it out by now
'87 GN
SecondZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote