Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 11-11-2011, 11:18 AM   #1135
Jekyll-N-Hyde
I put the FU back in FUN

Drives: 1969 SS 396 , 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUISSD View Post
There is no way Bama is going to jump OSU if OSU finishes undefeated. OSU has #7 OU left while Bama has #24 AU left, who might not even be ranked by the time they play them. Stanford has #6 Oregon this weekend and if they win they should move up to the #3 spot. Once there I highly doubt Bama will move ahead of them if they stay undefeated.

You may be right and I hope you are however all everyone keeps talking about on ESPN and Rivals Radio is THE REMATCH and wouldnt it be awsome if it was the National Championship????

A lot of people said yeah but OSU if they win out they will automatically go !!!!!!
A BCS spokes person on Rivals Radio said not so fast OSU still needs to continue putting up points if they win but start decling in points and only win by a little thats a Mark against them.

BCS rules now a Team who wins by large margins during the year and starts declining towards the end and does this to teams who have had defeats thats bad for the school who is winnning. BS BCS crap.

Because OU lost to Tech and Tech lost bad the next week and hasnt played well since OSU needs to Blow OU out.

( you and I know a lot of other teams have a lot to do also lol )

I dont see Stoops letting that happen.

I wouldnt be suprised if they do anything they can to make LSU/bama a game for the NC game.

Its all about money . Everytime a Great game is played all we hear is omg the $$$$$$$$$$$$$ it made.
Jekyll-N-Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:58 AM   #1136
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
All reasons why college football sucks. Not the BCS, because the BCS is better than the way it was before, but Div. 1 college football is a joke.

Lose a game and your season is over. So pretty much alienate 90+ % of the league after week 4.

Lot of people love it. I think it's stupid. OU is usually good. So I watch. Until they lose. I don't give a DAMN about a division or conference championship. I'll leave that to the players.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:05 PM   #1137
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
All reasons why college football sucks. Not the BCS, because the BCS is better than the way it was before, but Div. 1 college football is a joke.

Lose a game and your season is over. So pretty much alienate 90+ % of the league after week 4.

Yeah, better than what we had, but it still suck's azz. Teams get better as the season goes. Hell, I've seen teams in the past with 2 or 3 losses at the end of the year playing as well as anyone. They get no shot at showing how good they are except for some lame bowl game. I hear people say a playoff would ruin the regular season. LMFAO Last time I checked the NFL is the most popular sport on the planet. The regular season would remain exciting because now you are fighting to get into the playoffs. It would be SO damn AWESOME!!!
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:22 PM   #1138
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
I like OUr chances on December 3rd. Okie-lite has too much to lose. They've never been on the big stage before. Never won a conference championship in the BigXII. Have only seen a BCS bowl game on TV. They are a talented and consistent offense but I see them choking at the hands of OU. They have all the advantage (home field, key players healthy) but I still question their ability to pull it off. If they do and LSU and Stanford are still undefeated, the Cardinal is going to be left out of the big dance.

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:01 PM   #1139
Havok

Drives: 2010 IBM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Yeah, better than what we had, but it still suck's azz. Teams get better as the season goes. Hell, I've seen teams in the past with 2 or 3 losses at the end of the year playing as well as anyone. They get no shot at showing how good they are except for some lame bowl game. I hear people say a playoff would ruin the regular season. LMFAO Last time I checked the NFL is the most popular sport on the planet. The regular season would remain exciting because now you are fighting to get into the playoffs. It would be SO damn AWESOME!!!
Funny last time I checked it was soccer (the other football). In fact american football ranks pretty low, somewhere around 9th place (behind soccer, cricket, basketball, baseball, rugby, field hockey, volleyball, ice hockey).
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:41 PM   #1140
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
Funny last time I checked it was soccer (the other football). In fact american football ranks pretty low, somewhere around 9th place (behind soccer, cricket, basketball, baseball, rugby, field hockey, volleyball, ice hockey).
Ok, in the United States, but Soccer sucks azz. Although it is a good sleeping remedy.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:57 PM   #1141
MEDISIN

Drives: 2011 CTS-V Sedan
John Cleese on football. Some pretty valid points here. But soccer is a snoozefest...and I used to play

"Not giving a f*^k is truly the greatest luxury, and no luxury car gives fewer f*^k's than a CTS-V." - Matt Hardigree
MEDISIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:09 PM   #1142
kudzu74
Account Suspended

Drives: SS 08' Trailblazer
Arrow SMACKSMACKSMACK

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
I you think Alabama would jump an undefeated Okie State you are smoking crack. The computers still like Okie St. the best.

And Stanford is in an AQ conference, Boise and TCU aren't. Big difference. If Boise had been in the Pac 12 they'd have been in a couple BCS CGs already. (of course, only if they were undefeated, which they probably wouldn't have been)

And say what you want, LSUs offense SUCKS. Not even in the top 90.

And don't give me that 'Because they are in the SEC' crap. Go look (cause I did) at the games. LSU did MUCH better against the SEC this year than they did out of conference.

Neither BAMA, nor LSU hold Standford, Okie St. or OU to 6 points. No way in hell.
Rantin' and Ravin' again I see...well you can have your rant and rave, but I still say that Stanford ain't goin' PERIOD. OSU has about the best team in the conference though you didn't want to admit that till OU got kicked where the sun don't shine in their own stadium. OUCH! And as for LSU and Alabama...I never stated anything in regards to just because they are SEC...in fact, I was pulling more for Clemson in the ACC until GA TECH spanked them with the option. BCS is still all . FCS RULES!

Though I think Alabama still has a good shot at the game only time will tell overall and only stated I was partial to them because we play them next week though we have to get Wofford outta our head first before the playoffs! Yes, playoffs...you know where real teams earn the title its not just given out as a freebie for nice uniforms.

God I love this thread...honestly just glad to be here today. I lost my 08' SS Trailblazer today to a wreckless driver coming home from work. I got clipped and went 4 lanes and flipped 4 to 5 times though I only remember two of em'. Guess now I am gonna have to get a new camaro, but I was hoping not to have to get one before the ZL1 was release!
kudzu74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:13 PM   #1143
kudzu74
Account Suspended

Drives: SS 08' Trailblazer
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUISSD View Post
There is no way Bama is going to jump OSU if OSU finishes undefeated. OSU has #7 OU left while Bama has #24 AU left, who might not even be ranked by the time they play them. Stanford has #6 Oregon this weekend and if they win they should move up to the #3 spot. Once there I highly doubt Bama will move ahead of them if they stay undefeated.
Thought Alabama played Mississippi State next? Check again!
kudzu74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:20 PM   #1144
Havok

Drives: 2010 IBM 2LT RS
Oregon over Stanford you heard it here first. BTW Boise is terribly overrated. Only reason they so high is they beat up crappy teams. If they had a more tougher opponents more than just once a season they wouldn't be ranked so high.
Havok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:55 PM   #1145
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok View Post
Oregon over Stanford you heard it here first. BTW Boise is terribly overrated. Only reason they so high is they beat up crappy teams. If they had a more tougher opponents more than just once a season they wouldn't be ranked so high.
Yet, when they play the top teams they have an amazing record.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:01 PM   #1146
skar

Drives: 2010 2SSRS headers/CAI/tune/corsa,
OK MICHIGAN fans We need to play better then last week.
Illinois Or Michigan ? Never know what team will show up on both sides.
skar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:06 PM   #1147
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by skar View Post
OK MICHIGAN fans We need to play better then last week.
Illinois Or Michigan ? Never know what team will show up on both sides.
I think Michigan is going to have a tough time with Illinois. Illinois loves to spread the field out and Michigan has a tough time stopping that kind of offense. Yeah, Im a little worried about this one. :(
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 03:20 PM   #1148
PonyMan

Drives: 2009 C6 4lt Vert, 2011 Camaro Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEDISIN View Post
I like OUr chances on December 3rd. Okie-lite has too much to lose. They've never been on the big stage before.
Oh......and the Pooners do real well on the "big stage". If OSU chokes, atleast it won't be like choking to TTU.....at home!!!