Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 06-19-2009, 11:41 AM   #267
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by FwyFlyer View Post
I didn't care for the factory hockey stripes especially the hood and rear deck stripe. GM should really take note of what you have done. It looks great!
I was shocked when I saw the video at Stainless, it sounded great but shocked non the less. After reading this thread it finally dawned on me that you STILL haven't taken possession yet, you must be going crazy! Very nice job! ~ Rick
Thanks A LOT, Rick. Especially the "GM should really take note of what you have done. It looks great!" comment.

We played with the hockey's and took a lot of time on the phone getting them how I wanted. Some might think they are too thick, drop down too low, are too "fat" at the front, etc. But, like Jamie said, when you see them in person, they are not "fat" up front at all. My inspiration was the white supercharged Camaro that you see in the first page. Those hockey's were a bit different, but Bret did his own rendition for me and they have stuck ever since. I love'em. I think they look great. I'd love to see someone copy it. But, then again, I'd also love to be the only one to do it!

And thanks again, Jamie for all the pictures you sent me!
Attached Images

TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:09 PM   #268
SK360
Account Suspended

Drives: 2005 Pontiac GTO
So we will be seeing this car on the showfield next weekend?
SK360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 12:17 PM   #269
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

You betcha. It'll be just inside the main gates at Toms area.

When you walk in, go to the right and it's like....a row down on your left. 90% of the people that enter the main gates will walk right by it.
Old 06-19-2009, 02:03 PM   #270
SK360
Account Suspended

Drives: 2005 Pontiac GTO
You should see a whole mess of GTO's rolling in Friday afternoon if you are gonna be up there
SK360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 05:11 PM   #271
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
So... I'm in Carlisle, where is everyone???

Since I'm here this weekend, I may not make it back by next weekend grr
Old 06-19-2009, 10:36 PM   #272
JewelZ
Just Lovin' My Camaro!

Drives: CGM 2LT/RS/AUTO
makes me tear up

NJHKKM $29,965.00 1EH37 1100 03/28/2009 AFF, B34, DCP, FE9, GBV, LLT, MX0, SGC, UQA, WRS, 2LT

50 YEARS FROM NOW, DON'T YOU WANNA BE ABLE TO LOOK BACK AND SAY YOU HAD THE GUTS TO GET INTO THE CAR!?!?

ORDER STATUS : 6000 as of 08.18.2009. VIN# 33,985!!! His name is 'GOLIATH'!!!

GOT MY CAR!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!
JewelZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 11:47 PM   #273
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
You are welcome. Wish I could make the show but extremly unlikely. Wife and are heading off for several days with no kids that Sunday.
Old 06-20-2009, 01:10 AM   #274
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
So... I'm in Carlisle, where is everyone???

Since I'm here this weekend, I may not make it back by next weekend grr
FIGURE IT OUT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JewelZ View Post
makes me tear up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Mac View Post
You are welcome. Wish I could make the show but extremly unlikely. Wife and are heading off for several days with no kids that Sunday.
:(

Hope you guys have fun. Sorry I won't be able to meet ya. You've been a great help and I can't thank you enough. It's like...every time I get an email from you on my phone, I check and there's a new pic of my car. Maybe next time, we can get the IOM and CGM together for a picture or two.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:02 AM   #275
Jamie Mac
NCM-WINR

Drives: 2010 SS/RS IOM 2014 2LT Stingray
Well since your getting to the burgh a couple days early we should get together with Franknbeans. We could get a group pic. CGM IOM CGM. You know that whole rose between two thorns thing! HaHa Better yet we grab King Mouse and his IOM and go cruise the streets. That would grab some attention
Old 06-20-2009, 09:42 AM   #276
Joe in T.O.

Drives: 1970 GTO Ragtop
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
You betcha. It'll be just inside the main gates at Toms area.

When you walk in, go to the right and it's like....a row down on your left. 90% of the people that enter the main gates will walk right by it.
TAG UR IT, My son and I are looking forward to seeing your car at the show next weekend, we are heading down on Thusday. Can't wait. (I am holding out for the convertible so no Camaro yet).
Joe in T.O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 10:51 AM   #277
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Mac View Post
Well since your getting to the burgh a couple days early we should get together with Franknbeans. We could get a group pic. CGM IOM CGM. You know that whole rose between two thorns thing! HaHa Better yet we grab King Mouse and his IOM and go cruise the streets. That would grab some attention
Actually, this could work. You interested in getting together? A shoot sounds like a great idea...maybe a drive to grab a bite to eat? I don't know. My wife does have plans for us to go to two places while we are in Bakerstown. There is a bar her grandfather used to own in Pitt called the Rines??? And, she wants to take me to some sandwich shop. Not sure...but...we have to plug those in somewhere. We land at 4:30pm on Wed and have to go straight to Toms to sign papers, etc. That comes FIRST! After that, not so sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe in T.O. View Post
TAG UR IT, My son and I are looking forward to seeing your car at the show next weekend, we are heading down on Thusday. Can't wait. (I am holding out for the convertible so no Camaro yet).
Cool deal! Make sure you stop by and introduce yourself. I'm sure I'll be hanging around wearing my blue oakley sunglasses and Camaro5 shirt.
Old 06-20-2009, 11:22 AM   #278
djsnoflake
Faith Keeper

Drives: 2012 Silverado LTZ, 2010 2SS/RS
The nationals sounds like an awesome thing to attend. I am seriously considering taking time off next year and making a road trip. Does this event have a website or anything to check out ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
.........we are far from finished.................
djsnoflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 12:21 PM   #279
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ce/index.asp
Old 06-20-2009, 03:18 PM   #280
Joe in T.O.

Drives: 1970 GTO Ragtop
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Actually, this could work. You interested in getting together? A shoot sounds like a great idea...maybe a drive to grab a bite to eat? I don't know. My wife does have plans for us to go to two places while we are in Bakerstown. There is a bar her grandfather used to own in Pitt called the Rines??? And, she wants to take me to some sandwich shop. Not sure...but...we have to plug those in somewhere. We land at 4:30pm on Wed and have to go straight to Toms to sign papers, etc. That comes FIRST! After that, not so sure.

Cool deal! Make sure you stop by and introduce yourself. I'm sure I'll be hanging around wearing my blue oakley sunglasses.
Will do!
Joe in T.O. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adjustable camber plates, camarocross, cgm, cyber gray metallic, factory reproductions, hertz, jl audio, litho, pedders, rick-rolled, rodgers chevrolet, stainless works, supercars, tom henry, zl1 bumper