Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: What is your opinion of the Mustang?
Hate it. Plain and simple. 11 7.19%
Improvement... but not my cup of Tea 27 17.65%
Love it, its my next car. 25 16.34%
Its cool, but its not a Camaro. 90 58.82%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 10:15 AM   #1891
TiffanyKG

Drives: 2001 Honda Accord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens Blvd View Post
The ladies won't know what to do with all that horsepower
You're just afraid a woman might drive it better...
Old 09-22-2009, 10:23 AM   #1892
CamaroFemme

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
lets just make pretend you didn't just say anything about build quality ok sunshine
You can pretend all ya want, Sweetness, mmmkay?
Old 09-22-2009, 10:25 AM   #1893
TiffanyKG

Drives: 2001 Honda Accord
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFemme View Post
If at all possible, I will never own a Ford. The reason is simple: in my experience, and the experience of everyone I know, Ford autos simply don't hold up as well over time. A Ford was the worst car my mother ever drove. My own first car, an '80 Camaro, went 180,000 miles. I take excellent care of my cars and keep them until they're about 15 years old. Longevity might not be a problem if you only keep your cars 5 years, but to me, it's a big deal. Even IF the next Mustang is a little faster, it doesn't beat Camaro in overall long-term quality, and certainly doesn't beat it in looks.

I'll be sticking with the Camaro.
THIS is exactly what i keep trying to tell people... but they all think im crazy...

FORD SUUUUUUCKS, and it isn't just the mustang... ITS ANY FORD... lol... See the problem is... they take things from drawing board to production in about 2-4 years... that's half of what quality companies do. How long was the Camaro a concept before they unleashed the beast? And what about that Stingray concept?? When you do things quickly and do a hodgepodge job... you get a poor outcome... it's better to take your time and do something RIGHT... this is why i like my Chevy's...
Old 09-22-2009, 10:29 AM   #1894
meanmike
Account Suspended

Drives: FIRST ON RACE DAY
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiffanyKG View Post
THIS is exactly what i keep trying to tell people... but they all think im crazy...

FORD SUUUUUUCKS, and it isn't just the mustang... ITS ANY FORD... lol... See the problem is... they take things from drawing board to production in about 2-4 years... that's half of what quality companies do. How long was the Camaro a concept before they unleashed the beast? And what about that Stingray concept?? When you do things quickly and do a hodgepodge job... you get a poor outcome... it's better to take your time and do something RIGHT... this is why i like my Chevy's...
I would have came up with one better because this Camaro has been in the work's for what somewhere around 4-6 year's and there are still quit a bit of problem's being reported. So what's the problem here. Oh and if I remeber correctly it was'nt the Camaro that has the best quality in the 3 month report, according to consumer report's.

And did you ever think, maybe you are crazy. j/k
Old 09-22-2009, 10:30 AM   #1895
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Trolling
Fixed.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:32 AM   #1896
CamaroFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmike View Post
I would have came up with one better because this Camaro has been in the work's for what somewhere around 4-6 year's and there are still quit a bit of problem's being reported. So what's the problem here.
"Quite a bit of problems?" Let's see - the spoiler has been reported as loose and if you mess up and put lower quality gas in the SS, you may have to do the fuse pull. That's "quite a bit of problems??"

Besides, it's the first year of a new generation.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:35 AM   #1897
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
Quote:
I would have came up with one better because this Camaro has been in the work's for what somewhere around 4-6 year's and there are still quit a bit of problem's being reported. So what's the problem here. Oh and if I remeber correctly it was'nt the Camaro that has the best quality in the 3 month report, according to consumer report's.
It's true. They even deliver the Mustang already rusted, so you don't have to wait for it to happen on your own.

Last edited by 2010-1SS-IBM; 09-22-2009 at 10:35 AM. Reason: Better
Old 09-22-2009, 10:37 AM   #1898
meanmike
Account Suspended

Quote:
"Quite a bit of problems?" Let's see - the spoiler has been reported as loose and if you mess up and put lower quality gas in the SS, you may have to do the fuse pull. That's "quite a bit of problems??"

Besides, it's the first year of a new generation.
I think you better look around this forum if that's all you've got. 4-6 year's is a long time so what's the excuse. I mean you just contradicted what you said in your first post.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:39 AM   #1899
meanmike
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010-1SS-IBM View Post
It's true. They even deliver the Mustang already rusted, so you don't have to wait for it to happen on your own.
Only half true, there are few GT500's that are doing this and there is no excuse for it either.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:40 AM   #1900
CamaroFemme

Quote:
I think you better look around this forum if that's all you've got. 4-6 year's is a long time so what's the excuse. I mean you just contradicted what you said in your first post.
1. Let's hear some more, then.

2. You have me confused w/ another poster.

Old 09-22-2009, 10:45 AM   #1901
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Quote:
You can pretend all ya want, Sweetness, mmmkay?
Mmmmk greaat
Old 09-22-2009, 10:45 AM   #1902
meanmike
Account Suspended

Quote:
1. Let's hear some more, then.

2. You have me confused w/ another poster.

1. just to name a few paint problem's wich GM already new about since it was a problem with the G8 then there have car's with 400 horse not performing as they should oh and there have been report's of people driving down the road and there car quit's the list does go on. look around this forum alone. I am not cutting on the Camaro but if people are going to call one brand junk over another that has many problem's themself it's just retarded.

2. You have me confused. I see now it was'nt you.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:50 AM   #1903
CamaroFemme

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
Mmmmk greaat
You got the reference!

Woohoo!
Old 09-22-2009, 10:55 AM   #1904
syr74
Account Suspended

Drives: Thunderbird
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010-1SS-IBM View Post
I'm surprised you make that argument considering all you know about the new Mustang is conjecture and rumor. How about we stop calling each other out and just get back to facts:

Camaro > Mustang.
You might want to re-read that before making such a statement, or then again maybe not as the second go 'round may not help you anymore than the first. I didn't say that Mustang wouldn't potentially encounter some issues. I did indicate that many of the rumors being floated are easily debunked simply by understanding the new standards. Rumors based upon something that makes even a bit of sense I have no problem with. Rumors which are blatantly false and easily proven so with a minimum of effort but which still live on for months? That is just ridiculous.

As for the safety info I've put forth on the Mustang, unless Ford intends to de-content the Mustang from a safety standpoint I looked at actual crash test data derived from the current car when composing my posts. I certainly haven't made the overarching claims which GM did about the Camaro and Mustang. The truth is that what you have from Chevy is nothing more than a promise that the Camaro will pass and, by proxy, Mustang wont, partially if not largely in an effort to explain why the Camaro weighs what it does. The more likely reality is that the Camaro weighs what it does because it is based upon the large and relatively heavy Zeta platform and, in an effort to explain this in a way that cast themselves in a little better light, GM reached a bit beyond the bounds of their actual knowledge arguing that the Camaro was going to be a trend setting coupe in terms of existing and future safety requirements while the Mustang was yesterdays news.

Does that make the Camaro a second rate car? Of course not. Camaro is a solid effort that does a lot of things very well, but GM is paying for their own rhetoric here as Camaro didn't even manage to trump the Mustang under existing safety standards which frankly made GM look silly. Sadly, they could have let the car stand on its own merit and avoided a bit of embarrassment her, but to be fair Ford marketing is guilty of sheltering their own car in a sense when they wouldn't loan Motor Trend a Track pack Mustang GT for fear that the new Hyundai Genesis coupe.

Also, as always I'm glad to hear your opinion. Of course, neither the folks at Car and Driver, Automobile Magazine, or accomplished race car drivers like David Donohue (last name ring a bell?) agree. And as always, I would disagree with your summation as well as well.

But please do go into detail since this was a debate based upon safety standards. When you say the Camaro is superior to the Mustang, would that include safety and, more specifically, issues like frontal impact?

Last edited by syr74; 09-22-2009 at 11:14 AM.

Closed Thread