Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 02-09-2012, 11:39 PM   #1
Z28RockStar

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM 6M, 2007 Harley Deluxe
Talking Hi friends! Sorry been so long, Thought I'd share some thoughts!

I'm flatted guys! YES I MISS CHIX IN BIKINIS! Yes I did go and play some bluegrass in east Texas and Louisiana! (my home state) I have been out of Texas traveling for several months. I am a little depressed about my car. I do have an issue with it. At this point I haven't made up my mind if I love it enough to keep it.

This is the issue, I look younger that I am, I am old enough to appreciate nostalgia, that's what inspired me about the 5th gen. I stand by my car and I feel sixteen again.

DON'T GET ME WRONG, I LOVE THE WAY IT DRIVES AND HANDLES TOO! SHE'S A BEAST!

However it took me almost three months for it to dawn on me. The interior isn't retro enough for me. I miss my vinyl, wood and leather interior. I'm 16 when I stand on the outside of it, then I get in the "Starship Enterprise" interior and I feel OLD. I constantly feel, act, love and enjoy life like I am 27 al the time but the nostalgia is why I bought the car. I like feeling young! the digital plastic futuristic spaceship interior is just not for me especially when it makes me feel old lol! The interior is NOTHING like my 1968 Z28 I had as a kid.

I am considering selling or trading for a 1st gen. I haven't made up my mind, all I do know for now is that I love how rude fast awesome turning on rails she is, but it's not enough I'm afraid. She doesn't do that "ONE" thing for me, kind of like a wife lol, sometimes people have wives that would do anything. . . just NOT THAT LOL. When I sit in my buddies 1967 Camaro. . . . I FEEL YOUNG! I love that nostalgia SO much. Possibly due to my permanent short term memory loss from brain trauma in a war, I like to be reminded of things I know. I know the interior of my car doesn't remind me of anything but science fiction lol. I don't hate my car, I am actually still torn on a descision, she is an awesome car. Though I have been mulling it over for a while. Probably will take me some more time.

Thank you all for your conscern and friendship! I've recently returned to my home in Texas and hope to be on getting ban hammered more often! GIRLS! ROCK AND ROLL! MILLER LITE! CHEVROLET CAMARO! <3
Old 02-10-2012, 12:45 AM   #2
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Dude, don't sell your car.
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:57 AM   #3
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
hey man nice to see you back. I wouldnt sell the car. Maybe find some work you could do to make it custom and give you that feel your looking for
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:08 AM   #4
cardsfan09

Drives: SS/RS 6M, '98 Z71 p/u
I know what you mean, when I go to car shows or other gatherings I kind of feel out of place in my 5th gen, new car sydrone I guess and that's why I'm holding onto my '67 coupe, I'm hoping to get her running again soon. I figured that having the first year and the first year back is a good way to keep my perma-grin going for many years to come. I wonder how my '67 would run with a LS 3 in her????????? Yeeeeehaaaaa!!!!!!
cardsfan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:08 AM   #5
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
I was thinking the same thing - you can get that woodgrain look with hydrodipped parts, I retro'd my interior with a 70s era Camaro badge on the dash, and we bring our own spirit to it. Personally I thought how great the new interior is because me, I just hated all that cheezy vinyl and fake wood even back then. I guess that happens when daddy drove a caddy lol.
Nice to see you back, Rockstar. C5 hasn't been the same without your rants.

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 05:15 AM   #6
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Nice to see you back my friend.
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:08 AM   #7
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Dont sell it!! Maybe look into mods to change the look. There are a lot of options out there. And I have a photo album on here that have pics of me in a bikini, go check it out if u wanna c pics of chicks in bikinis next to camaros, lol!
Old 02-10-2012, 07:11 AM   #8
mrvenicess

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1 auto
You could redo the seats in hounds tooth. People have done that to get the retro look.
mrvenicess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:15 AM   #9
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
Bluegrass FTW - from a former full-time picker

Welcome back
f5journal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:23 AM   #10
10forty2

Drives: 1992 Chevy K5 Blazer
Good to see ya back around Z!! I haven't bought mine yet...waiting for my other car payment to expire before I take on another one....several months to go....

BUT...I have to admit that the one thing I dislike about the Gen5 is all the hard plastic in the interior. I don't mind the futuristic look so much as the slightly "cheap" feel to the interior. It's not a deal-breaker for me....I'm still getting one as soon as the other payment goes away, but the interior would have been better served with softer, tactile-type materials instead of hard plastic.
Old 02-10-2012, 07:28 AM   #11
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
There he is!

Glad to have ya back around the way Rockstar!!! While I can't relate to your car dilemma, I certainly can appreciate somoene liking things made "the old fashioned way."

Whichever you decide to do, hope ya stick around man!
Old 02-10-2012, 07:33 AM   #12
InfernoOrangeSS
VERITAS AEQUITAS

Drives: 2012 IOM SS
Talking

Glad you are back!

Is it out of the question to keep your Gen5 Camaro and pick up a first generation as a project car to keep that nostalgia going? I absolutely love the interior of mine with the SS on the seats and orange accents, but I know that different people like different things. You might even do as was suggested and make your interior a project to make it look like a Gen1 or 2?

I hope you don't sell your Camaro, but if you do and get another Camaro from the past, I guess I can forgive somewhat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
Happiness is an IOM Camaro...
InfernoOrangeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:45 AM   #13
orangejuice
H1 OFCR

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
Glad to have you back. And do not sell that beast!
ZL1 Hood/Fascia
AAC Afterburners/Sidemarkers
Havoc Black Chrome
5% Tint/20% Smoked Taillights

orangejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 07:53 AM   #14
Silver-Maro

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Victory Red
Hey Z28RockStar. I too love the Old cars. I'm 51. And never cared much for the Camaro (I'm a Chevelle guy). When I saw and bought the 5Gen. there was no way I was ever going back!! Not that I would ever not build another one. Just have no interest in owing one anymore. Whatever you choose to do is the right thing for you.
Roto-Fab CAI
Heritage Grill
Silver-Maro is offline   Reply With Quote