Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-11-2015, 10:38 PM   #1
lDejavul

Drives: Camaro SS
First Issue

Well, I ran into my first real issue today. I made a thread previously about my seat reclining or lack thereof. Well tonight on the way to the movies my wife tried to adjust the passenger seat and well.... The seat doesn't move at all. The up and down adjustment works but the forward and backward doesn't do anything. I tried reaching under the seat and seeing if I felt any loose connections and didn't feel anything out of place. Hopefully this will be an easy fix. At least its not anything with the engine.
Dual Mode Exhaust
MRC
Splash Guards

1G1FG1R74G0124089
lDejavul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 03:36 PM   #2
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
That actually is a good heads up to pay attention to. My passenger seat is 99.9% of the time empty so I would have to check if mine works.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 05:50 PM   #3
lDejavul

Found out today that they have to replace the entire seat. I'm being told the tech had to call gm to do troubleshooting over the phone and they troubleshot it down to an actuator that cannot be replaced without replacing the entire seat. So I guess I'll be picking it back up when they get it back together and waiting on a new seat.
Dual Mode Exhaust
MRC
Splash Guards

1G1FG1R74G0124089
Old 12-14-2015, 07:05 PM   #4
Tr6
The Dogfather

Holy hell. The install of a new seat thankfully isn't that much of an issue and can be damn VERY fast but the question is... How long will it take to actually RECEIVE the seats. Did they give you ANY kind of timeline?
Build thread HERE!
Old 12-14-2015, 07:18 PM   #5
lDejavul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tr6 View Post
Holy hell. The install of a new seat thankfully isn't that much of an issue and can be damn VERY fast but the question is... How long will it take to actually RECEIVE the seats. Did they give you ANY kind of timeline?
They have no eta yet. They hope to know more tomorrow but even that is doubtful. The service consultant made it sound like they have never gotten a part off the assembly line before.
Dual Mode Exhaust
MRC
Splash Guards

1G1FG1R74G0124089
Old 12-14-2015, 09:02 PM   #6
Tr6
The Dogfather

Quote:
Originally Posted by lDejavul View Post
They have no eta yet. They hope to know more tomorrow but even that is doubtful. The service consultant made it sound like they have never gotten a part off the assembly line before.
Never gotten a part from the assembly line for ANY car? If it's for the camaro, I CAN understand that but for ANY car? That is just weird. I honestly would dig around yourself. Contact Rockauto and Maureen honestly. Your dealerships part can get it from them or their supplier I would think.

They will most likely contact their distributor or directly the factory etc... It just might take a day or two for them to get back to you but I personally wouldn't just let them deal with it and see if YOU could speed things up. I am sure they will figure it out, it is just a matter of a few days or weeks lol.
Build thread HERE!
Old 12-14-2015, 10:43 PM   #7
GTIanZ28

Drives: 2016 V6 RS Camaro 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by lDejavul View Post
Found out today that they have to replace the entire seat. I'm being told the tech had to call gm to do troubleshooting over the phone and they troubleshot it down to an actuator that cannot be replaced without replacing the entire seat. So I guess I'll be picking it back up when they get it back together and waiting on a new seat.
Wait a second..... You had to leave your car with them?

IMHO no. "You will not keep my car. This is not a mechanical issue. I'll bring it back when you get my new seat. Give me a call."

edit: oops nevermind.... I get it.

Last edited by GTIanZ28; 12-15-2015 at 11:46 AM.
GTIanZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 04:01 PM   #8
lDejavul

Got the car back today. The tech said hes never seen a seat assembly quite like this. They know the part that needs to be replaced but something about it not being a part that can be ordered yet, so they had to order an entire seat. My parts order says part number 23379684. Any way I can check that and see if that is indeed the correct adrenaline red seat. I would hate for it to arrive only to find out they ordered the wrong color seat or something

Also was told it could be weeks to months before the part comes in.
Dual Mode Exhaust
MRC
Splash Guards

1G1FG1R74G0124089
Old 12-15-2015, 04:53 PM   #9
dragom
2G1FB1EV3A9121989

Drives: Rally Yellow RS Coupe
well at least it isn't the drivers seat
dragom is offline   Reply With Quote