Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 01-03-2019, 01:10 PM   #1
Qmaro

Drives: 79 camaro
Converting my 2nd gen to awd

Wasn't sure where to post this but, I'm just curious if the old awd astro vans' awd setup will work with my lt1 in my 79. And ever I should start my research.
Any info would be greatly appreciated
Qmaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 09:20 AM   #2
zlathim

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qmaro View Post
Wasn't sure where to post this but, I'm just curious if the old awd astro vans' awd setup will work with my lt1 in my 79. And ever I should start my research.
Any info would be greatly appreciated
If you are serious about this build, I would look at the forums on Pirate4X4.com. If you post on there asking for help, you had better have done some homework. It is NOT a flame-free forum. Even if you do get help, you are gonna have to put up with some name calling and insults against your manhood. It's all part of the site. Enter at your own risk because a question like the one you posted here is like blood in the water on Pirate. Do some research, post well thought out questions and have some thick skin. The information you need won't be spoon fed to you, but you will find answers if you can take the heat long enough. Don't mention my name....
BMR cradle & diff bushings, trailing arms, toe rods & upper control arm bushings
Hotchkis sub-frame brace
Stop Tech Z-23 brakes
4.10 gears, Eaton Truetrac, LPW diff cover
Best 1/4 mile 12.073 @ 115.68 mph 3,300 ft DA
zlathim is offline   Reply With Quote