Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-16-2018, 08:19 AM   #4985
mdhopt36

Drives: '17- 1ag37 V6 traded, for 1SS 2018!
Up to 20.8mpg mixed driving at present.
Now we have 2" snow, and ice/rain all day today.
Sux.
mdhopt36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2018, 10:35 PM   #4986
SnakeEyeSS

Drives: Camaro 2SS & ZL1
Went to best buy and when I came out my car had made a friend. But the pic didnt turn put well, I parked way out and there was another 6th SS next to it. As I was getting in I heard a voice say "I like your car", turned around and it was the other SS's owner.
Old 04-17-2018, 07:23 AM   #4987
mdhopt36

Drives: '17- 1ag37 V6 traded, for 1SS 2018!
Don't take it to Wallmart, liquor stores, inner city parking lots, etc.
mdhopt36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 09:33 AM   #4988
Sheriff37
Do it for Dale

Drives: '16 NFGray V6 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phidelt59 View Post
Installed ikon Motorsports blade spoiler and a rear window spoiler I got off eBay.
Nice American flag decals on your windows, where did you get those? Do you have any closer pictures of them?
Sheriff37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 02:39 PM   #4989
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Waved bye-bye as it was being carted off to the dealer.

Readers Digest version....

After the 6th documented occurrence of the car being brick dead after sitting for 3 days without a battery tender, this time in 50+ degree weather, the dealer agreed that they just need to man up and replace my AGM battery.

Last time, I had Roadside Assist jumpstart it and drove it into the dealer. They removed the battery, drained it and recharged and swore that this time would be magic. So I told them the next time it didn’t start, it would be delivered to them on a flatbed and they would need to change the battery.
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 03:47 PM   #4990
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
The SIXTH (?!) time ... damn. Have they done a key-off drain test on the car to look for shorts?
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 05:44 PM   #4991
RicSimonis

Drives: '17 2SS H50 Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinjlm View Post

After the 6th documented occurrence of the car being brick dead after sitting for 3 days without a battery tender, this time in 50+ degree weather, the dealer agreed that they just need to man up and replace my AGM battery.

Last time, I had Roadside Assist jumpstart it and drove it into the dealer. They removed the battery, drained it and recharged and swore that this time would be magic. So I told them the next time it didn’t start, it would be delivered to them on a flatbed and they would need to change the battery.
I can't watch.

Hope they get it right.

RicSimonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 07:36 PM   #4992
chevyboy01438

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Added some color to my new side markers. Can't wait to get them on
Attached Images

11/30/17 | Club F1FTY
chevyboy01438 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 07:42 PM   #4993
craigss50

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS Fifty
Quote:

Such a pretty car. I love my FIFTY. Sorry this is happening to you. Hope they find out why.
craigss50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 09:01 PM   #4994
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
The SIXTH (?!) time ... damn. Have they done a key-off drain test on the car to look for shorts?
They did that last time. In fairness to the dealer, the 1st 4 times I handled it myself and just told them about it. That’s part of why I called the last post the “Readers Digest” version. Today is only the 2nd time it has been to the dealer for this. But I did tell them last time that if they didn’t replace the battery, it would be back.
A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Old 04-20-2018, 09:02 PM   #4995
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigss50 View Post
Such a pretty car. I love my FIFTY. Sorry this is happening to you. Hope they find out why.
I know why. Just need the dealer to get on the same page with me and replace the AGM battery.

Old 04-21-2018, 12:50 PM   #4996
SS*11

Drives: 2018 ZL1 (A10, Black)
RotoFab (Dry) and RotoFab decal
Attached Images

Old 04-21-2018, 01:16 PM   #4997
SS*11

Drives: 2018 ZL1 (A10, Black)
Based on someone else's great suggestion, I now have a place to put my phone while in CarPlay.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Attached Images

Old 04-21-2018, 01:53 PM   #4998
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:

I found mine dead twice in two weeks last February and I daily drive mine. The second time it couldn’t be jump started so it was also sent to the dealer on a flatbed.

I didn’t know about bad batteries and the havoc they cause so I was at the mercy of their diagnosis. They said nothing was wrong and it started with a jump. It’s been fine since so I wonder if they actually replaced it.
Attached Images

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -

Last edited by hotlap; 04-21-2018 at 04:44 PM.
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote