Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida > Local Marketplace

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 11:35 AM   #1
Erik@lashway

Drives: Camaros, Vettes, Trucks
Free Camshafts at Lashway Motorsports!

That's right folks, call us crazy (we are I'm sure) but we're offering a FREE camshaft when you have your install and tune performed with us at our Pompano Beach facility.

This offer, a $400 value, is good for a free custom ground Kelford camshaft.*

Kelford cam company is located in New Zealand, and is a top manufacturer of LSx performance camshafts. Their proprietary lobe profiles and ramp rates are like no other on the market. Plain and simple, grind for grind, they make more power! We teamed up with Kelford camshafts several months ago to help introduce their product to the US market. We've had nothing but great success!

We can help design a custom ground camshaft specific to your driving habits, and modifications. We've installed cams in hundreds of LSx applications over the last several years, and can offer you real world know-how and performance experience!

Just ask our previous satisfied customers.

Give us a call today, or shoot us a PM for pricing and more details. Feel free to come by our shop to check us out.

Thanks!
Erik@Lashway

*Offer cannot be combined with any other offer or promotion, offer ends October 31st.

Check out some of our previous work:

Old 09-22-2011, 11:39 AM   #2
GEEo
OKCamaros

Drives: 4 banger Diesel
Old 09-22-2011, 01:07 PM   #3
ducatisl
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 2SS 6m
Location: Fort Walton Beach...surrounded by da** pickup trucks I can't see around!
Their SS108-E cam looks interesting....
Procharged F1A-94 on a 416 LSA block, Callies/Manley/Scat/Melling/Cloyes/ARP/Ferrea/Landspeed/Hi-Ram/FIC/Tick/Alky/ Strange/QA1/DSS/BMR/RPS/Tilton/GZM/Fore/AEM/ATi/JGS etc., built/tuned by me and Innovative Street Technologies
'Mo's Seemingly Endless Build Thread
Old 09-22-2011, 09:28 PM   #4
Erik@lashway

Quote:
Originally Posted by GEEo View Post
Sure is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatisl View Post
Their SS108-E cam looks interesting....
LOL...it's a BEAST. They dont mess around down under do they?

Alot of their cams are suited for sprint car racing which is huge there...high revs and no transmissions!!

Obviously we can grind something for the street as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_sullivan View Post
Nice Erik...You can get and grid you want with their custom cam
Excuse me?
Old 09-22-2011, 09:46 PM   #5
ducatisl
Emerald Coast Camaros

Location: Fort Walton Beach...surrounded by da** pickup trucks I can't see around!
Guess I'm a little curious as to how their lobes compare to XFI, XER, LSK, EPS, etc, etc, profiles.
Procharged F1A-94 on a 416 LSA block, Callies/Manley/Scat/Melling/Cloyes/ARP/Ferrea/Landspeed/Hi-Ram/FIC/Tick/Alky/ Strange/QA1/DSS/BMR/RPS/Tilton/GZM/Fore/AEM/ATi/JGS etc., built/tuned by me and Innovative Street Technologies
Old 09-22-2011, 11:05 PM   #6
ducatisl
Emerald Coast Camaros

Two things: F/I cam and 3.91 gears. Contemplating another cam since I'm likely to stay N/A for awhile. But 460-470 "corrected" rwhp off a Dynojet is about right for stock geared cam/exhaust LS3. I suppose if I did a LG G6X3 cam I'd be at the 500 level, but I'm not sure if I could live with it since I DD the car. I'm kinda searching for a more valvetrain friendly, but longer duration cam.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:16 AM   #7
fldrummer
"Black Ace"

Drives: Supercharged 2010 SS, 2016 Golf R
Quote:
Two things: F/I cam and 3.91 gears. Contemplating another cam since I'm likely to stay N/A for awhile. But 460-470 "corrected" rwhp off a Dynojet is about right for stock geared cam/exhaust LS3. I suppose if I did a LG G6X3 cam I'd be at the 500 level, but I'm not sure if I could live with it since I DD the car. I'm kinda searching for a more valvetrain friendly, but longer duration cam.
You seem to know what you're looking for. While I'm staying N/A, these guys seemed to pick the perfect cam for my needs & they didn't pull any fast moves to try to steer me in a different direction. In fact, the cam they spec'd for me isn't even popular in the Camaro community (yet), but popular w/ the corvette guys & perfect for me. All I can say is do your research (which you're obviously doing) & ask around for several opinions. I highly recommend Lashway, but I have nothing against the other shops that sponsor this group either. It all comes down to who you feel most comfortable with (conveniance helps too, but that is a secondary factor at best, of course).
Mods: Forged 416 LS3, Maggie TVS 2300 SC (~11 psi), custom cam (232/247, .630/.630, 118 LSA), 90-lb. injectors, ZL1 fuel pump & ADM controller, Alky Control meth kit, Monster LT1-SC twin-disk clutch, ZL1 drivetrain conversion w/ DSS 1000-HP axles & 1-pc. driveshaft, CAI Inc. intake w/ ADM scoop, XS Power full exhaust (1 7/8" LT headers with 3" off-road pipes), VMAX CNC-ported TB, LSR adjustable sway bars, LPE rear end-links, BMR 1" drop, BMR polyurethane bushings; UMI trailing arms & toe rods. Built & tuned by Kraftworks. 755 rwhp/708 rwtq
Old 09-23-2011, 12:29 AM   #8
camarovigoa
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1 Victory Red A6
I was talking about cams not performance shops lol i think our local shops would be a little far for him lmao!
Old 09-23-2011, 09:18 AM   #9
Erik@lashway

Quote:
Guess I'm a little curious as to how their lobes compare to XFI, XER, LSK, EPS, etc, etc, profiles.
Well, I cannot let the cat out of the bag as far as their technology and engineering is concerned, but I'm sure if you contacted them they would shed more light. It has a lot to do with valve events, and the ramp rate...

We've degreed many cams from several companies, and they're not always spot on what they should be, or opening and closing of the valve is not as advertised.

Kelfords are always spot on, and their ramp rates are agressive, but do not beat the hell out of the valvetrain - like the best of both worlds.

Quote:
Give us a call or PM me. I would be happy to point you in the right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fldrummer View Post
You seem to know what you're looking for. While I'm staying N/A, these guys seemed to pick the perfect cam for my needs & they didn't pull any fast moves to try to steer me in a different direction. In fact, the cam they spec'd for me isn't even popular in the Camaro community (yet), but popular w/ the corvette guys & perfect for me. All I can say is do your research (which you're obviously doing) & ask around for several opinions. I highly recommend Lashway, but I have nothing against the other shops that sponsor this group either. It all comes down to who you feel most comfortable with (conveniance helps too, but that is a secondary factor at best, of course).
Thanks John, we appreciate the business and are glad you like your newfound power.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:41 AM   #10
ducatisl
Emerald Coast Camaros

Dyno comparisons are a big can of worms. You might google it or head over to Ls1tech forums.
Old 09-23-2011, 12:11 PM   #11
ducatisl
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarovigoa View Post
what am i looking for on ls1tech?
dynamometer results & comparison?
or 5th gen camaro tuning,diagnostics,dyno results?
Try these keywords: dynojet mustang dyno comparison standard SAE temperature humidity density altitude corrected higher gears

Might check out the Corvette Forum as well, those guys are always bookkeeping the smallest of engine/gear changes and their effects on dyno numbers.
Old 09-24-2011, 07:18 AM   #12
Erik@lashway

All PM's returned
Old 09-24-2011, 01:14 PM   #13
Erik@lashway

Bump on this beautiful Saturday
Old 10-02-2011, 08:04 AM   #14
Erik@lashway