Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 08-22-2012, 09:53 PM   #1
Aubrey64

Drives: 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
Build Thread for Big Blue

Hey guys! I got my Camaro this past June, and just to let you know a bit about myself, here is a little backstory!

So, I am 18 years old, and the youngest of three girls! I got it as a graduation present, for when I graduated high school. My dad made a deal with my sisters and I that if we had a job, where going to college, and had good grades in high school, that he would buy us, or help us buy a car. My oldest sister got a Nissan Sentra when she graduated in 2008, my middle sister got a Toyota Corolla when she gradated in 2009, and when it was time for me to graduate in 2012, I knew that a Toyota or a Nissan wasn’t going to cut it for me.

I have always been obsessed with cars, bikes, really anything with a motor. I have been racing motocross since I was 6 years old, and I really wanted a car that I would enjoy, not just something that I was going to drive to and from school. At first, I considered getting a truck, because I wanted something that I could use to haul my bikes to and from the track, but after test-driving some, I quickly decided against it. The Camaro was always my top choice, but for the longest time, my dad wouldn’t even consider it. After a few months, a lot of research, and a ton of persuading, I finally convinced my dad to allow me to get a Camaro, but the deal was I had to pay for a portion of, and I quickly agreed!

I originally wanted a Yellow 2012 LS, and my mind was pretty set on this. Then, one day my dad and I decided on a fluke to go look at pre-owned Camaros at the local Chevy dealership, and there is where I found my dream Camaro! It was on display in front of the dealership, and right when I saw it, I knew that that was the car I wanted. My dad and I left that day empty handed, because my dad said it was too early to buy, and he wanted to wait until after my graduation. Weeks went by, and I thought that my chance to buy my dream Camaro had come and gone, but as it turns out, my dad went back to the dealership that day to buy it! Then, the day after my graduation, my dream Camaro was sitting in my front yard! It was definitely a huge surprise, and there is nothing better than seeing my Camaro parked in front of my house everyday!

I am loving every minute of owning my Camaro, and I have a lot of mods planned! I am new to modding, and so I am going to take the process slow, going one step at a time and I am learning as I go. If anyone has any comments, tips, suggestions, or just wants to say hello, don't hestitate to leave a comment or PM me I will keep this build thread updated with mods as I complete them! Thanks for checking out my thread, and thanks for reading this long intro!

Most recent picture as of 7/31/13
Name:  Main.jpeg
Views: 2097
Size:  78.0 KB

Here is what blue looked like the day I first saw it at the dealership! After my dad bought it, he kept it at the dealership for close to a month because he was keeping it a secret until after I graduated. Once my dad picked up to bring it home, the dealer said that so many people wanted to buy it that they had to move it to the back, where no one could see it!
Name:  securedownload.jpeg
Views: 2791
Size:  111.4 KB

Completed Mods:

Interior:
- Dye Leather Stitching Blue
- AAC Blue Overhead Lighting
- GM "Camaro" Rubber Cargo Mat
- "RS" embroidered headrest
- Hydro-Coated Aluminum Paddle Shifters
- Iottie Iphone Mount
- AAC Blue Trunk Lighting
- Brushed Aluminum Cup Holder Trim
- Emblempros Custom "Camaro RS" Dash Emblem
- Leather E-Brake Boot
- GM "Camaro" Door Sill
- Blue Aluminum Racing Pedals
- Speaker Trim
- Cargo Net
- "Camaro RS" Lloyd's Mats
- Emblempros Custom "RS" Kick Plates
- Heads up Display
- 2012 Dash
- Blue Front Footwell Lights
- Blue Rear Footwell Lights
- Hurst Comp Shift Plate
- Hardwired USB Port
- Cup Holder Lighting (Ice Blue)

Exterior:
- Window Tint
- Blue LED License Plate Lights
- "Camaro" Rear Trunk Emblem
- Red Painted Break Calipers
- SIM Rally Stripes
- SIM Hash Marks
- SIM Gill Decals
- GM nickel Fuel door (Custom Painted)
- Custom Painted Bowties
- GFX Body Kit
- "Camaro RS" License Plate Frame
- Locking Gas Cap
- Custom Painted Center Wheel Caps
- IBM Painted Antenna
- AAC Tinted Side markers
- SIM Painted Tail Light Bezels
- SIM Painted "CAMARO" Fender Emblems
- Heritage Grille (Painted IBM)

Under the Hood/Performance:
- Custom Painted Engine Cover
- RX Catch Can (Painted IBM)
- RX Oil Breather Cap (Painted IBM)
- Custom painted Fuse Box Cover
- Cold Air Inductions CAI (Painted IBM and SIM)
- SIM Painted Dipstick
- SIM Painted Battery Terminal Cover
- BMR 1.2" Lowering Springs

Current Mods I'm working on

- Anvil Spoiler (Ordered- Delivery Expected soon)
- Aggressor 2 Front Fascia (Delivered! Waiting to be installed)

Here is my current completed mod list! I will keep posting stuff as I complete them, as I have a lot of mods ahead of me!

Last edited by Aubrey64; 09-04-2013 at 11:00 PM.
Aubrey64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:07 PM   #2
Aubrey64

Pre-Modifications

These pictures where taken about a week after I got the car, and before any modifications!
Attached Images

Last edited by Aubrey64; 11-04-2012 at 05:12 PM.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:11 AM   #3
11 Camaro IBM

Drives: Camaro IBM
nice color choice love the gfx if you have any questions pm me ive done mostly all the performace, interior, and exterior mods to the v6
11 Camaro IBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2012, 05:54 PM   #4
Aubrey64

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11 Camaro IBM View Post
nice color choice love the gfx if you have any questions pm me ive done mostly all the performace, interior, and exterior mods to the v6
Thank you! And I will definitely take you up on that, I could use as much help as possible!
Old 09-04-2012, 08:39 PM   #5
Aubrey64

I Installed my aluminum paddle shifters today! They are awesome!
Attached Images

Last edited by Aubrey64; 11-04-2012 at 05:18 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 11:57 PM   #6
Aubrey64

My embroidered headrest came in today! Looks awesome
Attached Images

Last edited by Aubrey64; 11-04-2012 at 08:39 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 12:27 AM   #7
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
Looking good bro I got the paddles too and they're awesome , they make it much more fun.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:50 PM   #8
Aubrey64

I painted the break calipers red today!
Attached Images

Last edited by Aubrey64; 12-07-2012 at 08:05 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:04 PM   #9
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Hey how did you paint your fender letters without getting any paint on your car? I wanna paint mine black but idk how to go about it
Old 09-09-2012, 06:55 PM   #10
Aubrey64

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
Hey how did you paint your fender letters without getting any paint on your car? I wanna paint mine black but idk how to go about it
I used plasti dip! Its this rubberized paint and once it dries and can be peeled off. What I did was I masked off the surrounding area of the car but I left about half an inch of space on each side of the emblem unmasked. Then I applied the paint, your gonna get some overspray on your car, but dont worry because it will peel off. and then once the paint is dry, peel off the over spray and all of the paint will come off except what is on the emblem, I had to use a toothpick to get the excess paint out of the little spaces but all in all it was very easy! Sorry if these instructions aren't very helpful but I got the idea on Camaro5, and so I know if you look around, there is a very helpful DIY write up somewhere! But if you have any questions let me know!

Last edited by Aubrey64; 09-09-2012 at 07:37 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:37 PM   #11
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubrey64 View Post
I used plasti dip! Its this rubberized paint and once it dries and can be peeled off. What I did was I masked off the surrounding area of the car but I left about half an inch of space on each side of the emblem unmasked. Then I applied the paint, your gonna get some overspray on your car, but dont worry because it will peel off. and then once the paint is dry, peel off the over spray and all of the paint will come off except what is on the emblem, I had to use a toothpick to get the excess paint out of the little spaces but all in all it was very easy! Sorry if these instructions aren't very helpful but I got the idea on Camaro5, and so I know if you look around, there is a very helpful DIY write up somewhere! But if you have any questions let me know!
Ok cool that is what I was thinking. Also if you don't mind me asking where did you get the colored plasti-dip from I can always only find black
Old 09-11-2012, 02:57 PM   #12
slicktempo

Drives: 2011 Camaro
How easy was it to install/put on the headrests? Do they replace the originals, or go over them?
slicktempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 09:36 PM   #13
Aubrey64

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
Ok cool that is what I was thinking. Also if you don't mind me asking where did you get the colored plasti-dip from I can always only find black
Yeah, I had the exact same problem, none of the big name stores had any other color but black. I ended up finding mine at a specialty hardware store called Elliots Hardware, I am not sure whether there are Elliots locations anywhere else in the U.S though. but I bet a specialty hardware store in your area would have it. If not, I know that amazon has it in red, white, black, blue, and yellow!
Old 09-11-2012, 09:41 PM   #14
Aubrey64

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicktempo View Post
How easy was it to install/put on the headrests? Do they replace the originals, or go over them?
These are the stock headrests, I took off the leather on the headrests, and then I shipped them to get embroidered, and then put them back on. To get the leather off of the headrests, it was a pretty big pain to figure it out but once I had the first one off, the second one took about 1 minute. there are these two plastic bars on the bottom of the headrests, and they pop in/out of this locking mechanism that is on the actual headrest body, but once I had gotten them off the headrest, it was pretty easy to put them back on once they where embroidered. Here is a link to a thread where there are a few pictures and instructions on how to get the actual leather off the headrests. I think the really good/detailed instructions are on the last page

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31141

Tags
2010 camaro, build thread, camaro lt with rs package, imperial metallic blue, modifications